trex05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 trex05
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

I was thinking about buying it but some people said it was boring and others said it was great. let me know if i should get it

Guol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Guol
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

im a pretty big fan of the FF series, and this game does alot of new stuff with the series mainly the battle system,but itdoesnt feel quite like the rest of the FFs story wise because the story is pretty long and "epic" but to me it was just slightly too political, and theres not much character development, i mean in this FF, when/if one of the characters i would noteven care becausenone of them really contributesthat much to the story especially the main character, he might as well have not been there. thebattle AI can be tweekedto the point that you dont have to do anythin at all andthe ai will pretty much take care of all the enemies, thats how i beat thelast boss wether thats a pro or a con on your list is up to you. the graphics is very good as expected, theres a bunch of side quests to keep you busy, and i guess good music, but i dont pay attention to musicin anygame so i cant realy judge. but i think its well worth a try if yo can find it relatively cheap. damndidnt mean to ramble on for so long, but oh well there you go, hope that helps.

trex05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 trex05
thanks. and talk all you want i like getting opinions from people who know that theyre talking about
ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts

amazing

it has great gameplay - mixture of great games like KotOR and WoW. even its still turn-based, its very well done. make your battle speed fastest and close target lines and it will be WoW. queue your actions with gambits and its similar to KotOR

tons of sidequests - i started to fear to talk people on streets, i talked to 3 npcs and all of them started new side quests. one of them, Chaos esper side quest was like another game and had a story as, when nabudis fell 3 strong beasts appeared, 3 elders fought and sealed them they made 3 keys for their seal but with every passing day the seal is getting weaker, but fear not, there will be brave warriors to stop them. and you appear as the brave warriors and fight them. its like playing FF1 again( 4 warriors will come and end the chaos to save the world ). and mark hunting, it has 45 foes to hunt and thats alone rival to monster hunter game i bet.

challenging enemies - instead of 1 hit kill enemies, you'll face enemies that put you in danger and fun.

very nice bestiary - its like a mystical book about monsters, very well done.

amazing world to explore - unlike early FF --except FFX-- FF games had world map which let you wander around like its a town, but in FFXII everything is so much bigger now. what they tried to do in FFX with bigger maps, they succeeded in FFXII witha huge world.

best fitting musics - musics are mixtures too, from Chrono Cross to Vagrant Story, they give a nice taste and there is no head banging songs

amazing graphics - using and improving Vagrant Story's graphics, they made really good quality production. characters' body language, expressions are very well done. graphics are really using all power of ps2.

nice mature story - unlike early FF games, you wont try to save the world this time and unlike early FF games, you are not the main character. Vaan is simlpy like player, he is just witness of all events, even he participates in them, the story is not about him. that shows story is the important thing here. but i must say the language is heavy, though i find it more amusing.

but i must say it may be dangerous, its highly addictive game. if this game would be on PC, it would be the game of the year with better graphics instead of limited ps2 power.

rac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rac7
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
its a very good game
Hive7311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hive7311
Member since 2004 • 333 Posts

The answer above pretty much sums everything up. This is probably one of my favorite FF, mainly because it is so different. A lot of the people who played it and didnt like it (at least the ones I talked to) didn't like it because, 1.) it was too different, or 2.) was playing an mmo (WoW) and was sick of that gameplay. I would suggest buying a used one at like EB games or GameStop, since they let you return them if you don't like them.

trex05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trex05

The answer above pretty much sums everything up. This is probably one of my favorite FF, mainly because it is so different. A lot of the people who played it and didnt like it (at least the ones I talked to) didn't like it because, 1.) it was too different, or 2.) was playing an mmo (WoW) and was sick of that gameplay. I would suggest buying a used one at like EB games or GameStop, since they let you return them if you don't like them.

Hive7311

Really? I didnt know about the returning thing that helps a lot thanks

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

What I thought of FF12 was the automatic combat gambit system was great. And there weren't any random battles. But right off the start I was bored. Didn't like any of the story or characters as well.

Definately many loved this game so you may want to try it anyways. It seems by reviews 3/4 of people thought it was great.

herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#9 herviross_2
Member since 2006 • 2689 Posts
I'lll make this short, you just HAVE to play this game!
Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

I definitely loved it. I had a few doubts at first, mostly because of the battle system--I've never been a huge fan of MMORPGs, and was afraid I would hate the new battle system because of how similar it is. But I ended up loving it. It was incredibly different from the past FF games, but as far as I'm concerned, that's part of what made it so awesome. It was a much more mature storyline than the previous games, and the first FF game I've ever played where none of the characters really got on my nerves.

If you have doubts, maybe rent it first, but it's definitely worth checking out.

imgreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 imgreek
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts

i personallyreally wanted 2 love this game, so i didnt read any previews or reviews or nothing to spoil anything, Im a pretty hardcore FF fan. Honestly its prob on the bad side of FF games. FFX is better so is 7,9 It beter than 8 and about Par with 10-2 wihich is still very good. Out of 10 8.5 a very good game but underaverage for a FF

Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
It's a really good game. Too bad it doesn't have 480p support though.
catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts
My favorite FF game, probably because its the only on I have beaten, but it is a very quality game, esspecially for PS2.
costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 costyssj4
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
For me it's one of the best games i have ever played. And if you are a final fantasy fan then you will like this game.
schoeffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 schoeffmaster
Member since 2005 • 10674 Posts
It was...different. The bosses were easy, leveling up was a cinch, and you barely touched your controller when your fighting bosses.The story was pretty confusing (It seemed to be a narration...which was different also). The excitement just didnt really seem to be there. Maybe its because i am used to random battles. Its an ok game...but there are better ones out there. And taking some answers from above, maybe the reason the spark wasnt there (For me anyways) was due to the fact that there wasnt a main character. Its more like everyone was randomly assembled and they decided to go on an adventure...and kill...enemies...This game didnt really seem to have a stragety like the other FF games do. I wasnt hit by critical thinking situations like poison or sleep to many times. Also, you can easily go from one area to the next and not run into anything. Its an ok game for FF, but i certainly wouldnt call it the best FF game. I guess i prefer being an important character like Zidane, Tidus, Cloud or Sora.
anmvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 anmvamp
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts
Its a great game. Its not a great Final Fantasy. Compared to the Earlier final fantasys it is lacking in... final fantasy-ness. BUT, it is a great game and very enjoyable. You should definatly pick it up (along with the guide if you intend to get serious about it)
trex05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trex05

Its a great game. Its not a great Final Fantasy. Compared to the Earlier final fantasys it is lacking in... final fantasy-ness. BUT, it is a great game and very enjoyable. You should definatly pick it up (along with the guide if you intend to get serious about it)anmvamp

i was just about to ask about that too

macho_c_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 macho_c_a
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts

a very FUN game

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
feels more of a final fantasy game than x was
rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
Its a good game but not as great as FFX
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts

Its a good game but not as great as FFXrohver

FF X didn't feel like a FF game XII feels like a Final Fantasy and the dialog is brilliant with all the voice work

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Good game, but it has it has somesetbacks...the main one being the story may not capture you like some of the previous games and inso, you may put it down for 6 months and never finish...like me...ha ha...
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#23 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

you barely touched your controller when your fighting bosses. schoeffmaster

Liar liar pants on fire, try not touching the controller durring the Yiazmant optional boss and see how long you survive. Not even programming the right Gambits can do the trick.

Anyways, I would not spend 147 hours of my life on a game I did not like. That's how much I love this game. It's the first modern Final Fantasy game that is truly worth all its accolades and acclaims.

KathR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 KathR
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts

I played the demo and wasn't really sure if I should get the game, but I'm a big FF fan and I have all the other console games, so I really had to pick it up.. I have to say the demo didn't really do it justice... the game was very easy to understand and play.. the controls are tight, but that's just what you'd expect... I like the gambit and license system.. and the ability to have the characters automatically fight but also be able to change their tactics was excellent..

As usual, the storyline was interesting and the bosses challenging...all in all, I really loved this game..

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

It's alla matter of opinion. The story wasn't really there but the gameplay was there... for me that is. Someone else may tell you that the story was great but the gameplay sucked. I say just buy it and make your own decision on it.

davidiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 davidiam
Member since 2005 • 383 Posts
I love the game. But no one's mentioned that this is a prequel to Final Fantasy Tactics, which also has this type of "political" story. So if you played/liked FFT, than you might like this game too (even if they have different gameplay). (And it ties elements of FFTA into this games' universe.)
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
great game but yes its nothing compared to X
gaa0c85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 gaa0c85
Member since 2004 • 466 Posts
good
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#29 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
It was kinda boring, but once you got further into the storyline, and do some side-quests, it gets more interesting. Like most other RPG's, it starts out slow, but builds up. That's how I saw it anyway.
Punch_Sideiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Punch_Sideiron
Member since 2004 • 253 Posts
Way better than I originally thought it would be. Highly recommended.
R3volv3r_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R3volv3r_Snake
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts
i would give it a 8.3
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
This is one of my favorite Final fantasys. The story line though, doesn't grip me like the other final fantasy have in the past. But the gameplay is great, battleplay is great too. Doesn't seem a really long time to train, when really you just sat there for 4 hrs training, feels like 2 to me. Gambits are great in this game, not having to touch the controller other than moving to different parts of the map, is a lazy mans dream come true. Lmao.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#33 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
Most certainly good. I had reservations about it at first. But once I started it, could not stop. I reccomend.
DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts
I love XII, it's my favorite of the series so far. I played that game everyday as much as I could after I bought it and loved every minute of it. I definately recommend it.
eignub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 eignub
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts
it is one of the best games ive ever played... it5s almost as good as # 7 which is the best... if u have aps2 u must own this game or even if u like the ff series...
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

Graphics: awesome!!!... but they could have improved a little the effects of the magic (fire, fira, firaga, they all look the same just one do more damage than the other, they could at least try to reflect the power of the high level magics... magics look weak), but the characters, weapons, effects in general (weather, etc), maps, etc, are espectacular.

Gameplay: excellent, the gambits feels weard at first but you get used to it (just like materias at ff7, junction at ff8, etc), and the gameplay is really smooth.

Characters: they could have used more development (in game), instead of just relying in the player to asume (or just find a shred of...) the background about the characters. Its not the same see and experience their past, to just been told about it in a really short and unentusiastic way.

History: it was good in a general level, serious and mature, but still unspectacular... it lacked some "charm" in it and I didnt like it so much. (just my opinion)

The map is great, some parts are big and full of stuff to do, but sometimes it gets boring (the sand sea someone?... freaking monotonuos...), or are downright anoying (pharos at ridorana)... some parts could have used a little more characters to interact or places to visit. but all in all, they are great (with a few exeptions)

The character status development is nice, but feels too short and at the end... every character is downright the same (i miss ff9 diversity in the characters)... and the "limits" or quickenings do the same with diferent animations... need more work... like in ff7.

Alfredozero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Alfredozero
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

Hey, i was just about to write a review of this game, but if you ask me i'll say that this is one of the best final fantasies yet but is not because is similar to the previous ones, in fact is actually quite different but is a great new direction for this series if you ask me. If you want more info about it you should read my review, later.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

i dont like. the characters arent all that likeable, battle system is pretty lameand the story is boring. i havent beaten it yet though

wertyui5467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wertyui5467
Member since 2006 • 1138 Posts
lol

im a pretty big fan of the FF series, and this game does alot of new stuff with the series mainly the battle system,but itdoesnt feel quite like the rest of the FFs story wise because the story is pretty long and "epic" but to me it was just slightly too political, and theres not much character development, i mean in this FF, when/if one of the characters i would noteven care becausenone of them really contributesthat much to the story especially the main character, he might as well have not been there. thebattle AI can be tweekedto the point that you dont have to do anythin at all andthe ai will pretty much take care of all the enemies, thats how i beat thelast boss wether thats a pro or a con on your list is up to you. the graphics is very good as expected, theres a bunch of side quests to keep you busy, and i guess good music, but i dont pay attention to musicin anygame so i cant realy judge. but i think its well worth a try if yo can find it relatively cheap. damndidnt mean to ramble on for so long, but oh well there you go, hope that helps.

Guol

alright I too am a big FF fan but I resently picked up FF chronicles(brand new) those two games are worth alot more than the 25$ I paid...FF12...isn't worth the 60$ I paid...i regret buying it...unless you like spending over 60hrs. on compleating a game and then saying ... wow what the hell was I thinking that sucked!!

trust me if you can find it FF4 and chrono trigger ina complation is a great deal!!...

...or get a different RPG...if you have a PSP get brave story, or tails of the world:RM!!

or if youre looking for a PS2 RPG then get...something else...anything but the worst game in a franchise...even (X) is better

and I hated that game!!

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
After I ended it I notice that it was a great game overall and worth buying
enotlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 enotlp
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
I've been playing Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy I, which is still really awesome. I really wanted to like XII but itendup a little abovemediocre for me. The story was reasonable decent but I've seen better. The license board system could have been fleshed out more. By the end of the game, all my characters had most of the licenses. There was no need for specialization because you could basically get everything. I really liked the new direction for the battle system. The gamebit system was great, mainly because I can tend to be lazy at pressing buttons. My biggest gripe was the lack of different animations during battle. It got pretty tedious to watch my characters perform the same slash again and again. Hopefully, Final Fantasy XIII will address that issue. Everything else was standard for a final fantasy game such as the side quests and graphics.
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#42 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Anyone else excited about the sequel Revenant Wings? I heard the characters returning get their stories fleshed out more. But the best part is that the US version will be much harder than the Japanese version and I can play it on the go!
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

i'm one of the black sheeps when it comes to FF titles.

I enjoyed FF8 the most out of them all. FFXII comes after that (which a big amount of people didn't like gameplay wise)

FFXII offers a little more of the action/rpg aspect and once you level up your characters high enough, you can literally have them on auto and you don't even have to do any work yourself. So this really turned off some of the players. But i found the overall game to be highly enjoyable.

changeofpace04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 changeofpace04
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts

alot of people liked the game, I was one of the ones who think it hurt the series more than helped, storyline was lame, way to political, dident suck me into the game at all.the characters lacked any type of development and leveling up took forever, the free range was nice, but the battle system really sucked, I reccomend playing rogue galaxy if final fantasy had that kind of battle system that game would have rocked. and they need to bring back some powerful attacks, and the espers where lame seriously weak.

Calulithrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Calulithrar
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
I found this game to be one hell of an experience. I'm 160+ hours in and still have approximately 25 more hours of side-quests left to go. Very little dissapointed me about the game all in all. I really don't know how people can start bashing this game.
renarahma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 renarahma
Member since 2007 • 1954 Posts
Of course all FF series very good game...but if i choose one of those series, i prefer FF10...