Are you old-school ps2 owners ever going to go next-gen?

Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
like are you ever going to buy a wi/ps3/360? or just stick with the current console forever?
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#2 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Thats a pretty stupid question. Everyone upgrades when: A) the price is something they can afford[which is not 400-500 dollars thats how much a computer costs] and B) when the console has enough software to warrant the need.

Who the hell doesnt want to play more advanced video games.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
i will get a xbox 360, the games are better overall, but not so soon, i mean, ps2 can do the job pretty good and im waiting for a ton of games :)
getsmelifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 getsmelifted
Member since 2006 • 467 Posts
yeah, like the other guy said, that is a pretty dumb question. Unless you want to play the same games over and over until you die you have too get the next gen consoles, because they wont make games for anything else. duh
Shifty_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shifty_Pete
Member since 2004 • 2678 Posts
I've got a 360, and will get a PS3/Wii when there are enough games I want for them.  I still play my PS2 quite a bit because it has great games, which is what really counts--not age.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

I'll move to the PS3 when the RPG's start rolling in.  360's no longer an option for me.  I'm on the fence as far as the Wii is concerned, although my children have expressed an interest in it.

I do have enough to keep me entertained, for at the very least, another year on PS2.

Avatar image for garter_windwood
garter_windwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 garter_windwood
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
what's the point until the next gen consoles are afforable for the average gamer and has enough good games to make it worthwhile.  If ps3 didn't cost so much and I didn't want to rebuild from the ground up on most of my game files I would have it already.
weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts
yeah thinking of getting one of the next gen consoles...considered WII,but it just lacks some good third party games,and most of the first party games are kinda childish...I know that its kinda fun tho,with its interactive and unique gaming experience(WII controller and stuffs)....well for the XBOX360,I've seen many of the gamers who complained about faulty consoles,and crappy customer service....as for the PS3,its price is still putting me off of it,but maybe with a little price cut(which I anticipate greatly), I might just consider getting one...and so, as a conclusion,I m not getting one for the time being until any of the next gen consoles clearly dominate the gaming community..that will be my choice....my ps2 and psp can still keep me occupied,at least for another one or two years..............
Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts
I have a Wii and geting a 360 elite very very soon....I am waiting on the PS3 at least until they make a game(s) worth buying.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
I'm planning on getting a PS3, but not for at least a couple of years. By then hopefully the price will have dropped, and there will actually be a lot of good titles. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy with my PS2. There are still tons of great games I have yet to play, and the best part is most of them are cheap now. :D
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Why go to newer consoles when its a known fact that the PS2 is the better video game machine?
Darth_kriza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Darth_kriza
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts
I'm planning on getting a PS3, but not for at least a couple of years. By then hopefully the price will have dropped, and there will actually be a lot of good titles. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy with my PS2. There are still tons of great games I have yet to play, and the best part is most of them are cheap now. :Dmegagene

That's right. There are still lots of games to play. But this time I'm considering Xbox360 instead of PS3... the games got my attention...

As soon as I get the money...
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
i already have a Wii, and a PS3 :D
Pythos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pythos77
Member since 2005 • 889 Posts
Ill get a PS3 when it has some good games to offer. and when the price drops a couple hundred dollars. Besides people who  go out and buy as soon as a console is realeased end up getting only bragging rights, and more often than not they end up being Guinea pigs and running into all kinds of frustrating and potentialy expensive BUGS. Its just not worth $600+ at the moment........maybe just maybe after GTA, Metal Gear and FF get released..
kafuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kafuffle
Member since 2003 • 86 Posts

I simply won't pay more than $300 for a console (and I own a Wii lol).  If I want to do HD gaming, I can do it on my PC, my LCD monitor has a higher resolution that all but the most expensive HDTVs anyway.  And I'm not real big on first-person-shooter games or sports games, my interest lies in RPG and RTS titles.  So for now PS2, PC and my Wii's VC are all I need or want.

TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

Well , we'll go next-gen when we feel its the right time .... right now it's not worth the money ........ besides , I still have a lot of great games left to play on my good ol PS2 :)

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
I got a PS3, but i still have pleny of games including long rps to pass on my PS2.
blueness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blueness
Member since 2002 • 1838 Posts

People who play retro video games quite possibly.  I know alot of people who play a lot of video games but don't own even a PS2, or for that matter a PSOne.  The world of video games is alot more diverse that you think.

Thats a pretty stupid question. Everyone upgrades when: A) the price is something they can afford[which is not 400-500 dollars thats how much a computer costs] and B) when the console has enough software to warrant the need.

_AbBaNdOn
super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

Im going to wait another year or two before seriously considering it.

right now the only titles on the x360 that really appeal to me are Kameo and Viva Pinata.  If they get a lot more colorful fun games for it than I might be swayed in that direction.

I havent seen too much even announced for the ps3 yet that has made me sit up and take notice, but I imagine it is only a matter of time.   The ps2 took a few years before the best games came and if that happens again there is no question I would jump back on sony's train.

The wii is really awesome.   It is the only one of the new consoles that I have had a blast playing so far, plus it plays all the nifty gamecube games that I missed.   Not to mention the fact that it is much more mildly priced.   I think it has already quite a few games that look awesome, and if that number jumps up alot, I think it would be stupid to pass it up.

So basically it is all software dependant for me.  And it is hard to predict what will happen as far as that goes.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

_AbBaNdOn

Totally right. Don't forget, a gaming console is NOTHING without games. 8)
MasonHarry22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 MasonHarry22
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts

Well , we'll go next-gen when we feel its the right time .... right now it's not worth the money ........ besides , I still have a lot of great games left to play on my good ol PS2 :)

TheIndianChild
AGREED Im waiting for the 360 to hit around $249.00 then I MIGHT pick up a next-gen console or Ill just go with the Wii. Theres NO WAY ill be picking up a PS3 until it hits at least $300.00 retail. There are still at leat 50 more AAA games I have yet to purchase and play on my PS2s one fatty and one slim(y).
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
Although I do plan to upgrade, I'm just not sure when that will be. I'm happy with my ps2, I have plenty of games to keep me entertained and there are more out there that I plan on slowly picking up. The cheap cost of ps2 games also has me experimenting with games and genres i would otherwise never touch. Next-gen has games that I want to play, but barrier to entry in terms of price and hardware that should be bought (TV) is a real turn off. There's no need for me to cross over yet, but the day will eventually come.
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

i already have a wii, so i have wii and gc games to play now, and that will keep me busy. and i have 30-plus titles i want to beat for the ps2 before i move to the ps3.

the 360, i just wont get, not bc its go0od, but bc wii and ps3 games will take up too much time

Lilirch100302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lilirch100302
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts
I recently bought a Xbox360 Elite and upgraded my tv to a HDTV got rid of my old CRT tv....... and till this day i regret it i have about 15 360 game's and not one of them hold my interest like ps2 games do but sadly Ps2 looks so horrible on HDTV's that i have not played a video game for 4 days :( cant wait till games with better stories come out
sammy_m20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 sammy_m20
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
I own a Wii and i'm getting a PS3 in a few days, however i have to say i like my PS2 better than my Wii.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
I already have upgraded....PS3 FTW completes my all Sony collection (PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP)
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

im keeping my ps2 plugged in for atleast a yeat maybe more. i plan to pick up ff12, okami, rygar, destroy all humans 2, burnout dominator and rogue galaxy might also get dawn of mana if it gets good reviews. i have a wii , no  wii games besides wii sports i have a bunch of vc games though (i beat and sold zelda, and rented sonic) for wii i hope to rent several games over summer and get some games for holidays and birthday. i'll also get some DS games and maybe buy a psp. then next year i'll get a ps3

TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
I'll probably get a PS3 in a few years when the price has dropped A LOT!
mikes_cmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mikes_cmn
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts

Of course!!! :P

I loved my PS2, and I've had played countless hours in it.

But I might be getting the Xbox360 for my next gen though.. I'm getting kinda impatient already... I don't wanna wait any more just to see if PS3 will start having better games...  I'll just pray that more exclusives jump over to 360, or at least go multiplatform! :P

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#30 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
Probably by the time the PS4 rolls around, by then the PS3 will be cheap enough to afford for me. But really most likely end of the year or next year.
Bannok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bannok
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I thing I have to stay with my PS2 for long
Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

I already have a PS3 and a Wii, but I still have much love for my PS2. It's still hooked up for Guitar Hero 2 and PS1 games, if nothing else.

But seriously, I wouldn't expect to see most PS2 owners upgrading for quite a while yet. Some people are just now buying PS2s, which I can't blame them for--I got my PS1 right around the PS2 launch, because it was cheap then. And that's one good thing about Sony--they keep their older consoles going, so no one's forced to upgrade until they're ready to. 

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

I got my 360 premium for $250 so i came out with a good deal but as far as the ps3 goes i wont be getting that untill some more rpg's come around or MGS comes out..maybe even GOW3......

Far as ps2 goes i still play that everyday .

silvers20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silvers20
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
Im considering on buying a ps3... Lots of great rpgs ahead.
Rated_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rated_25
Member since 2006 • 1746 Posts
I will buy the PS3 on the day MGS4 is being released...
LTclark7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LTclark7
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Better move on next generation...

of Playstation.

thats the life... 8)

everson_rm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 everson_rm
Member since 2004 • 1664 Posts
At this rate i'll have to stick with the PS2 until the middle of the next year (so many games to play, so little time). Once I finish the bests games of PS2 I'll go with the 360 or PS3, but for now, even with MGS and FFXIII I would choose the 360. PS3 is so poor (for now, at-least) on games to be release.
atlessky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#39 atlessky
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts

Still playing some PS2 now....I will wait a few more years for the PS3 price crashing down like a plane

Never intended to get 360/Wii cause never been a fan of Microsoft and Nintendo consoles

Razgriz_GOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Razgriz_GOD
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
ofcourse.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
yes we will but not so soon due to wait for metalgear and ffX111
Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

i will get a xbox 360, the games are better overall, but not so soon, i mean, ps2 can do the job pretty good and im waiting for a ton of games :)Hakud0ushi

Same.

L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
I will as soon as i get some money to spare :)
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

like are you ever going to buy a wi/ps3/360? or just stick with the current console forever?qoakzmwisjxneud

How young do you have to be to actually have the balls to call the PS2 "old school"??? 

Pumster76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pumster76
Member since 2003 • 227 Posts

Any intelligent buyer knows that it's not good to rush into the buying stage when something new is released. For consoles, no one knows which one will be the most supported or popular. Some people thought the Dreamcast would crush the competition because it was first on the next-gen scene, but then the PS2 beat the GameCube and X-Box by a very wide margin. The PS3 could flop just as easily and the X-Box 360 could run away with all the Developer support. (Although, the coming generation tends to favor multi-console support due to the costs of game development.) For those of us that don't have an extra $600+ to spend, the PS2 (or other now-previous-gen console) will have to suffice.

This is an early assessment, but I currently believe that the online services (Particularly the buyable games from services such as the PS Store and X-Box Live Arcade) and key exclusives will determine the superiority of a console above all else. (With that in mind, the X-Box 360 currently has the PS3 beat. However, we just started this generation, and Final Fantasy XIII isn't out yet, so I wouldn't start worrying just yet.)

The lesson here is to wait. Not enough is out yet, and it's a small fortune to buy one of these machines. Give it another year or so.

cloudstrife75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 cloudstrife75
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

i own an xbox360 with gears of war with about 6 other games. I am next-gen... just not Sony side.

I will be getting a PS3 when there are more games to warrent the purchase of it... until then...

Gears of War is keeping me more than happy online :D...

and still some games i have to play on Ps2 

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts
I have a 360, but I'll wait a little longer for the PS3 and the Wii. I switch between the two consoles quite a bit.
tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
I will upgrade when I think is the right time. I can't even believe that you asked this who is going to stay with their ps2 forever? Not sure to what though.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#49 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
i've already got a wii, and i'm planning on getting a 360 soon