Xbox One controller vs controller for Windows?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

My brother just started dropping strong hints he like side scrolling type games on the PC and was complaining about his old controller and I read the Xbox One is supposed to be one of the best controllers for the PC. Obviously it's too late to order online and get it by Christmas, but I was thinking he might enjoy a raincheck if I can't find the right gamepad at the store.

In my search I came across the normal Xbox controller for about $60 MSRP everywhere, but also Microsoft Xbox One Controller with Cable for Windows - Black (7MN-00001) at a major retailer for just under $50. Is the quality of that controller the same as the normal Xbox One? What's the difference between the 2? The only issue is that the one that specifies it has a cable for Windows isn't in stock whereas the others are.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@Maxpowers_32 said:

My brother just started dropping strong hints he like side scrolling type games on the PC and was complaining about his old controller and I read the Xbox One is supposed to be one of the best controllers for the PC. Obviously it's too late to order online and get it by Christmas, but I was thinking he might enjoy a raincheck if I can't find the right gamepad at the store.

In my search I came across the normal Xbox controller for about $60 MSRP everywhere, but also Microsoft Xbox One Controller with Cable for Windows - Black (7MN-00001) at a major retailer for just under $50. Is the quality of that controller the same as the normal Xbox One? What's the difference between the 2? The only issue is that the one that specifies it has a cable for Windows isn't in stock whereas the others are.

They are the exact same controller except the one for windows comes with the cable to connect it to the PC.