Xbox one controller stays on after PC shutdown. Any ideas?

#1 Posted by RoleplayGaming (52 posts) -

Recently when shutting down the PC, I noticed my xbone controller will stay permanently on (x light stays lit) unless I cut power to the PC or disconnect the controller. I think it might've been a windows update that changed something. Anybody know what could be the cause?

#2 Posted by Random_Matt (4294 posts) -

Either your PC is merely hibernating or there is still power going through the USB for whatever reason. Besides you shouldn't be surprised, windows is shit and always will be.

#3 Posted by xantufrog (11623 posts) -

@roleplaygaming: most modern PCs now deliver power to the USB when "off" for - e.g. - device charging. This can probably be disabled - I think Windows has an option, or I've seen it in my BIOS

#4 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8324 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:

Either your PC is merely hibernating or there is still power going through the USB for whatever reason. Besides you shouldn't be surprised, windows is shit and always will be.

win10 is shit. win7 at least I liked it.

#5 Posted by RoleplayGaming (52 posts) -

Thanks guys I managed to figure it out. There was indeed power continuously going to the usb where before the PC would cut it after shutdown.

So under advanced power options in control panel I found something called 'Selective USB suspension', I disabled that and now all is how it should.