Xbox One controller compatible with PC games in 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

Link

What do you all think? I am quite excited to hear this because I have been wanting to hear this for a while, hopefully PC devs will take advantage of the controllers's new features. Also, now I will be able to compare the new dualshock 4 controller to the Xbones, because I have no plans on geting the Xbone during the first couple years. Oh and sorry if posted before I did not see anything.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?KHAndAnime
My 360 controllers go bad often so for the extra $30 dollars I would not mind the added features like the new dpad, better triggers, and the new trigger vibration feature. Also, I dont know your location but in America it is only $60 and $75 with play and charge which is not that bad of a price
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

Unless I need it I just bought a new 360 gamepad, hopefully I can still use that without needing xpadder on next gen titles.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

My wireless Xbox controller for the pc is fine as it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?redskins26rocs
My 360 controllers go bad often so for the extra $30 dollars I would not mind the added features like the new dpad, better triggers, and the new trigger vibration feature. Also, I dont know your location but in America it is only $60 and $75 with play and charge which is not that bad of a price

I saw that the Play & Charge kit is $25, on top of the $60 for the controller. That's $85. I haven't had a single 360 controller go bad, and I've owned mine for 5+ years. I just try to take good care of my stuff.

EDIT: I see now it's $10 cheaper if you buy it bundled. Anyways, $75 is still way too much for me. I'd rather put it towards a nicer mouse, joystick, or arcade stick.

Furthermore, if I feel some urge to use a next-gen controller with my PC, I'll just use a PS4 controller that I'll be getting with the PS4. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

But I already have a mouse and keyboard....

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
lol first, what new features does the XBONE controller have in the first place that would even warrant a purchase and two are they planning on selling a PC version thats wired or what? Yes, I did say wired - I like the response time and not having to care about batteries.
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#10 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
lol first, what new features does the XBONE controller have in the first place that would even warrant a purchase and two are they planning on selling a PC version thats wired or what? Yes, I did say wired - I like the response time and not having to care about batteries. Gamesterpheonix
I'd imagine the controller for the PC would just be like the X360 controller, except with a better D-Pad and rumbling triggers. As for the wired controller, a recent article on Kotaku says there likely won't be a separate wired controller, but that you can hook it up to its USB chord, and it will automatically disable its wireless signal and communicate through the USB chord instead.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I only bought my Xbox 360 controller recently, so it's staying with me until it's broken. Not that I use it heavily anyway...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?KHAndAnime

I saw that the Play & Charge kit is $25, on top of the $60 for the controller. That's $85. I haven't had a single 360 controller go bad, and I've owned mine for 5+ years. I just try to take good care of my stuff.

EDIT: I see now it's $10 cheaper if you buy it bundled. Anyways, $75 is still way too much for me. I'd rather put it towards a nicer mouse, joystick, or arcade stick.

Furthermore, if I feel some urge to use a next-gen controller with my PC, I'll just use a PS4 controller that I'll be getting with the PS4. :D

I bet you can't use that PS4 controller on your PC unless Sony allows it. 

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#13 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
360 wired works pretty well for now, not rushing out to get one. At least MS recognises that their peripheral is being used on PC.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"] My 360 controllers go bad often so for the extra $30 dollars I would not mind the added features like the new dpad, better triggers, and the new trigger vibration feature. Also, I dont know your location but in America it is only $60 and $75 with play and charge which is not that bad of a pricexhawk27

There has been really good PS3 controller support on the PC for as long as I can remember, I don't see why it would be a special case for the PS4.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?redskins26rocs

same here i go through a lot of xbox 360 controllers. usually have to buy a new one every 4-8 months. i have 2 of them sitting on my cabinet shelf right now and the potentiometers are broke and 2 others i just threw away. they stucks always start pulling one way or the other. so while they are definitely cheap microsoft junk, they are still the best controllers one can get IMO. love how they feel in my hand near perfect ergonomics. am looking forward to the new xbox one controllers FOR PC.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I've got a 360 controller, which I use for the small handful of games I play that work well with a controller. I'll keep that in mind though. Maybe, in a few years, if they're not too pricy, and I feel like a new controller, I'll get one.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"] My 360 controllers go bad often so for the extra $30 dollars I would not mind the added features like the new dpad, better triggers, and the new trigger vibration feature. Also, I dont know your location but in America it is only $60 and $75 with play and charge which is not that bad of a pricexhawk27

Psh. Such petty limitations matter not to PC gamers. We make things work.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamesterpheonix"]lol first, what new features does the XBONE controller have in the first place that would even warrant a purchase and two are they planning on selling a PC version thats wired or what? Yes, I did say wired - I like the response time and not having to care about batteries. madrocketeer
I'd imagine the controller for the PC would just be like the X360 controller, except with a better D-Pad and rumbling triggers. As for the wired controller, a recent article on Kotaku says there likely won't be a separate wired controller, but that you can hook it up to its USB chord, and it will automatically disable its wireless signal and communicate through the USB chord instead.

Ya I just saw the video. The controller looks really solid and while not much has changed, aside from rumbling triggers and some spacing and components, the thing does look good. I may keep my extra 360 controller sealed and new and sell it to get the XBONE controller instead. lol gotta love the fact that they did a 180 on Kinect as well. Im glad they are bending to the will of their customers but Im not convinced they deserve more support for the crap they pulled. PS4 is still definitely on my list. Microsoft needs to grow a brain and start wholeheartedly investing in PC gaming again.
nyz970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyz970
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I think I would prefer PS4 since it looks more fashionable and is much cheaper than xbox one
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I just purchased my first ever Xbox controller so I could play Dark Souls. It's different, and I like it, but I use it lightly, so I expect it to last me a long time. I think that by the time my controller dies, the new one will be sold for less somewhere on the internet.

feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

cool, but it probably won't work with my old wireless dongle, so that would be uncool.

e: yeah, sure the new dongle would be included there, but the thing is i planned to play games like Mortal Kombat with 2 controllers, and i would probably need to have 2 dongles connected.

e2: unless the new dongle is backwards compatible. me think good no today.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

I think I would prefer PS4 since it looks more fashionable and is much cheaper than xbox one nyz970
I really don't get that logic when it's a proven fact that the XBox controller is superior and works better on computers. The Dualshock has always looked bad too

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

[QUOTE="nyz970"]I think I would prefer PS4 since it looks more fashionable and is much cheaper than xbox one XxR3m1xInHDn3D

I really don't get that logic when it's a proven fact that the XBox controller is superior and works better on computers. The Dualshock has always looked bad too

Imo I think that the Dualshock looks better. It always felt good in my hand and it didn't break. I went with Xbox on my PC simply because of native support.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Yeah because I want to carry a brick in my hand while I'm gaming because I'm a complete scrub.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
MIght get one, but i'd rather have a Dualshock4... just like the way the stick and dpad are placed on the ds4 rather than the xbox way.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46252 Posts

I just purchased my first ever Xbox controller so I could play Dark Souls. It's different, and I like it, but I use it lightly, so I expect it to last me a long time. I think that by the time my controller dies, the new one will be sold for less somewhere on the internet.

soolkiki

I use my controller for a lot of games. Racing games mostly and games that just feel better on controller because they were designed for one, like Dark Souls.

The reason I would get this new controller is for it's improved D-pad. The only aspect where the 360 controller lacks, for playing 2D games.

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

I will be buying the Xbox One controller for my PC on day one. The 360's controller is my favorite controller of all time, and everything I am hearing about the new controller sounds awesome, so it's a done deal for me. Can't wait.

On a side note, what in the world are you people doing to your controllers? lol I have had the same 360 controllers for 5 or 6 years now and they all continue to work fine.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

I will be buying the Xbox One controller for my PC on day one. The 360's controller is my favorite controller of all time, and everything I am hearing about the new controller sounds awesome, so it's a done deal for me. Can't wait.

On a side note, what in the world are you people doing to your controllers? lol I have had the same 360 controllers for 5 or 6 years now and they all continue to work fine.

JohnFifteen12
I basically refuse to be friends with anyone who owns an Xbox. They are generally too stupid for me to enjoy talking to.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

R4gn4r0k

I use my controller for a lot of games. Racing games mostly and games that just feel better on controller because they were designed for one, like Dark Souls.

The reason I would get this new controller is for it's improved D-pad. The only aspect where the 360 controller lacks, for playing 2D games.

Doesn't the 360 controller already have an improved d-pad? I wonder how much improved it really is. The 360's improved d-pad is already a huge improvement over the old one.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?KHAndAnime
Buy the controller for 60 bucks and use any micro usb cable and hook it from the controller to your PC and you're set.
Dequan1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dequan1233
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts

Ill just use my usb 360 controller :D

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?mitu123
Buy the controller for 60 bucks and use any micro usb cable and hook it from the controller to your PC and you're set.

Has it been confirmed you can do this? You can also hook up a wireless 360 controller to the PC, but it doesn't mean you have connectivity...

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#35 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Why would I pay $85 for some controller that's roughly the same as a dozen that i already own?KHAndAnime

Has it been confirmed you can do this? You can also hook up a wireless 360 controller to the PC, but it doesn't mean you have connectivity...

Watch this video at the 4 minute mark.

feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

Doesn't the 360 controller already have an improved d-pad? I wonder how much improved it really is. The 360's improved d-pad is already a huge improvement over the old one.KHAndAnime

oh hell no, sir. in x360 controller it's still like a big floating disc, wich you nudge to differenet directions. a proper D-pad is + shaped, like in the new controller.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]Buy the controller for 60 bucks and use any micro usb cable and hook it from the controller to your PC and you're set.mitu123

Wonder if the PC Wireless Adapter is going to be a small little dongle rather than what it is now.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Got my dualshock 3 working well over bluetooth, makes burnout paradise so much better.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k

Doesn't the 360 controller already have an improved d-pad? I wonder how much improved it really is. The 360's improved d-pad is already a huge improvement over the old one.KHAndAnime

I just got a 360 controller with an improved D-pad. The shape is definitely an improvement: a plus instead of a circular shape.

But, it still feels like a weak D-pad compared to Sonys offerings or especially Nintendo. Those are way better. They also give better feedback. It's hard to explain exactly why they are so much better but it just feels better.

Xbone controlls dpad will also not be encircled like the Dpad of the improved 360 controller.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Has it been confirmed you can do this? You can also hook up a wireless 360 controller to the PC, but it doesn't mean you have connectivity...

trastamad03

Wonder if the PC Wireless Adapter is going to be a small little dongle rather than what it is now.

It uses wifi direct so I assume if you have a wifi card or maybe even a wireless router you can connect the controller to the PC that way

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k

It uses wifi direct so I assume if you have a wifi card or maybe even a wireless router you can connect the controller to the PC that way

NoodleFighter

Knowing MS they will charge for a seperate dongle or adapter like they did with 360 controllers.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

The Xbox One controller is of a higher caliber.  I'd buy one if it falls into the $50 range.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Still, it is expensive as fu*k.

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

[QUOTE="trastamad03"][QUOTE="mitu123"]Watch this video at the 4 minute mark.

NoodleFighter

I don't think Wifi works that way.