X58 Motherboard Suggestion (For Friend Build)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts
What the best X58 motherboard for overcocking (for a build for my friend)
I'm looking foward it but id like not make any mistake id like to have ur opininion
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=179&l3=815&l4=0&model=2619&modelmenu=1 ASUS P6T or Asus Extreme II ? or EVGA ? or MSI ? soo many motherboard it sorta confusing ;)
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
I have my eye on Foxxcom blood rage.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcthpro
hmm i guess id have to see feature i mean there so many feature on motherboard it get confusing :D I read the most i look what people think but it&; new tech
so i don't know which is the most stable / overclocking friendly / or best in overclocking; and go beast power on video card there some review like i saw that Asus Fall behind Gigabyte and some Review that gigabye Go ahead of Asus in past if you see what i mean bebi_vegetta
so foxxcom would be on the top you think :D?
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
EVGA has excellent layout. Up to 3x SLI with great spacing between PCI-Express inputs. The motherboard includes EVGA's STEP-UP program along with lifetime warranty.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcthpro
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=11454308
my friend that i know now since 3 day of gamespot wanted to go with that lol the ram are sure expensive way not worth it :D ? i'm looking into some DDR3 replacmenet and oc bnechmark to lower is cost it seem so lik enot worthing the 2500$ :-/
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bebi_vegeta
hmm i guess id have to see feature i mean there so many feature on motherboard it get confusing :D I read the most i look what people think but it&; new tech
so i don't know which is the most stable / overclocking friendly / or best in overclocking; and go beast power on video card there some review like i saw that Asus Fall behind Gigabyte and some Review that gigabye Go ahead of Asus in past if you see what i mean bebi_vegetta
so foxxcom would be on the top you think :D?marcthpro
Well, for looks yeah LOl... other then that, there's no complete reveiw yet...
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bebi_vegeta

EVGA has excellent layout. Up to 3x SLI with great spacing between PCI-Express inputs. The motherboard includes EVGA's STEP-UP program along with lifetime warranty.redneckdouglas

EVGA is using the same layout for 780i and up...

Foxxcom blood rage has 4 PCI-E, i think it's the best layout.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bebi_vegeta

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=11454308
my friend that i know now since 3 day of gamespot wanted to go with that lol the ram are sure expensive way not worth it :D ? i'm looking into some DDR3 replacmenet and oc bnechmark to lower is cost it seem so lik enot worthing the 2500$ :-/
marcthpro

We would need ID to see that...

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcthpro
ok gathered some information we making progress it only work with triple channel DDR3 so they as to be triple channel kit only ? or could he do a simialry thing as me i went and i bough : a KIT of 2GB 1625mhz DDR3( Kingsteron hyper x) i was told it really strong but i wonder if the X58 Actually would take like a example my build in usa cost 1550$ : it Core 2 and in my sig. while now it a X58 id seeking about if it worth go that way or rip off is newegg list and do something better

i bough mine at 125$ each. 1GB 1625mhz : 2GB = 230$ ( a rebate saving for buying the LLK2 kit)
so what happen if he buy : that Kit 3 time he end up 6 slot full so each . 2x3 = 6 and lowering price of corsair dominator. but he could start by buying them single slot maybe so 125-135 $&; 1625mh x3 = 125x3 = 375$; 3GB running 1625mhz such as in this review
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/11/06/overclocking-intel-core-i7-920/5
as you see the X58 is pretty new and id try to be away of the black hole and see the light. About triple channel DDR3 And maybe acknowledge if core i7 can be a worthy Rival of E8400-E8500-e8600 / Q9550 / Q9650 Overclock at similarly price as you can see the Core 940 is 550$ around price of Q9650
And 920 around price of E8600. the goal is to make a strong gaming machine for a budget of 2100-2500$
2500$ woudl be is max he made a post Earlier is called a_blind_man if you saw is post earlier i'm trying to see stuff
and yet we not even sure none is sure if the X58 would support or not the 33nm shrink series that would be Wesmtere Sandybridge
and doing all this alone in my hand seem too much pressure i must double check you know when ur playing with someone money ud rather make it the best it can Yet i haven't make a mistake on gamespot does of this forum but that cause i never touched the X58 ;) but with the X58 The build is in a domain i haven't venture yet enough neither of us tough but don't worry we got till February or so before he got the money so we will have plenty time to not do something smart right it just like a pre-build opinion for future

just asking people opinion suggestion the main user would not i think even probably enough knowledge to ask such question as i do is new and building a pc is sure harder then buying pre-build pc but in the end it worth it that what happen to my friend elann when he did try to buy a dell. gasp i did talk to him for hour to make him understand pre-build = waste of money; and well the user who want a pc almost bough a rip off :( still better then the acer build on newegg
But again .. too expensive probably for the performances worth if you know what i mean

we must lower cost or i must have some confiramtion there a small or big possiblity that core i7 LGA 1336 X58 motherboard support up newer core like Corei7 (w/e name) they gonna call in 2010 Q1 for Westmere / sandybridge tough this guy in my union called
Steven Cunniffe so i may just make him a Copycat of my Gear or Stronger gear the goal is just a strong pc what ever is the winner side core i7 / E8600 ;)
say it may or it may not none yet revalead information the fact of core i7 vs strong dual core overclocked is being a hot subject recently
a_blind_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 a_blind_man
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

Hi, I am the 'friend' mentioned by Marcthpro.

I'm currently looking for different RAM.  That stuff is just too expensive.  Is this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146777) any good?  I don't know anything about the manufacturer, but it got good reviews on newegg...

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcthpro
woudn't work unless you have a 3rd memory pannel
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
gigabyte GA-EX58 extreme
a_blind_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 a_blind_man

I did a bit of research on the Gigabyte model, and I think I'll stick with the Asus Rampage II Extreme that Marc pointed me towards, at least for now.

The Rampage only supports triple channel RAM, so I switched over to some OCZ stuff.

What is everyones opinion on the Ramage motherboard? 

Sordidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sordidus
Member since 2008 • 2036 Posts

I did a bit of research on the Gigabyte model, and I think I'll stick with the Asus Rampage II Extreme that Marc pointed me towards, at least for now.

The Rampage only supports triple channel RAM, so I switched over to some OCZ stuff.

a_blind_man

The links doesn't work.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcthpro
i'm not sure for motherboard anymore people of my union say gigabyte to go or the DFI X58 incoming while Bebi say the blood rage from foxxcom
And Wesker776 From my union say you shall just stick to a sort of copycat of my rig cause he think there a huge risk corei7 not supporting westmere 32nm shrink and Sandybridge that ud just be Better With DDR2 / DDR3 (E8600 / Q9650 Overclocked) for gaming on high resolution; As I asked him mainly a strong gaming machine as it was ur goal as it my goal too. we follow this simplist rule of the gaming ain't we a_blind_man
a pc can do some task for me in background music / edit video / photo but a dual core does well the job for that so iw ent dual core e8600 soon il overclock
and get the extra fps boost that will bring me close or higher then 920 OC to 4x4Ghz with 6.4GHZ QPI that as 3x1GB DDR3 1600mhz
a_blind_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 a_blind_man
i'm not sure for motherboard anymore people of my union say gigabyte to go or the DFI X58 incoming while Bebi say the blood rage from foxxcom
And Wesker776 From my union say you shall just stick to a sort of copycat of my rig cause he think there a huge risk corei7 not supporting westmere 32nm shrink and Sandybridge that ud just be Better With DDR2 / DDR3 (E8600 / Q9650 Overclocked) for gaming on high resolution; As I asked him mainly a strong gaming machine as it was ur goal as it my goal too. we follow this simplist rule of the gaming ain't we a_blind_man
a pc can do some task for me in background music / edit video / photo but a dual core does well the job for that so iw ent dual core e8600 soon il overclock
and get the extra fps boost that will bring me close or higher then 920 OC to 4x4Ghz with 6.4GHZ QPI that as 3x1GB DDR3 1600mhz
marcthpro
Yeah, in the benchmark tests I've seen the i7 isn't faring so well. But I've yet to see a benchmark where the 940 gets OCed, so I'll wait for that before making a final decision. All in all I want more information on the i7 before purchasing anything. So go Gigabyte or DFI X58 for the motherboard? Can you post some links?
[QUOTE="a_blind_man"]

Sordidus

The links doesn't work.

Should be fixed. But if they still don't work, here are the urls: RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227366 Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131352&Tpk=rampage%20II%20extreme

JJDARK21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JJDARK21
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="marcthpro"] Yeah, in the benchmark tests I've seen the i7 isn't faring so well. But I've yet to see a benchmark where the 940 gets OCed, so I'll wait for that before making a final decision. All in all I want more information on the i7 before purchasing anything. So go Gigabyte or DFI X58 for the motherboard? Can you post some links? [QUOTE="Sordidus"][QUOTE="a_blind_man"]

The Rampage only supports triple channel RAM, so I switched over tosome OCZ stuff.

What is everyones opinion onthe Ramage motherboard?

a_blind_man

The links doesn't work.

Should be fixed. But if they still don't work, here are the urls: RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227366 Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131352&Tpk=rampage%20II%20extreme

hey whats up im new in the forum well to me the best x58 mobos will be asus rampage II extreme the upcoming dfi lanparty ut x58 and the upcoming foxconn bloodrage to me these 3 mobo manufacturers are the top of the line for the people who like hardcore gaming pc ooo and another thing to build my new system i cant decide between an asus rampage ii extreme and the dfi lanparty x58 does someone now if the r2e will at the end support 24 gb? becouse in the page says it only supports 12 even if it has the 6 slots