Wow, I was really disappointed by the Crysis demo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mindlessworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mindlessworks
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
It seemed really really glitchy and there wasn't that much groundbreaking material that the game was so hyped up about. I wasnt that impressed by the graphics either, my comp isnt that bad, ATI x1650, 3ghz process, 1gb corsair...
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
I thought it was great. There seems to be a huge division in what people are experiencing. I thought it was amazing and incredibly optimized, especially when it ran on my rig.
Skrewdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 Skrewdriven
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
i wasnt terribly impressed either, and i had grafix all maxxed, it looked like Quake4 meets FarCry, im sure it will be fun though just not as insanely awesome as its been widely hyped.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I had very low expectations, and I was extremely pleasantly surprised. I ignore hype, and I didn't like FarCry at all; with crysis I was expecting a bad game.

And I'm happy to say I was wrong.

The thing I wanted most from FarCry was a stealther. Somthing in my brain tells me that if i'm in a jungle, I should be stealthing. While it was possible in FarCry to stealth, it was awkward - and the AI didn't really facilitate it. Crysis, though, is a completely different animal. It has AI that isn't oriented towards, but completely facilitates stealth. Which is perfect. It means I can play my game as a stealther, but when I attack, all hell breaks loose with wild firefights.

The nanosuit just gives for so many styles of play, it's much deeper than a standard run n gun game. And these styles of play all play offeachother, all at once. For example, I may invis around the back of a building, use strength to leap up onto it and survey the scene, then smash the roof open to drop inside. Use speed to tear outside and into a group of 3 Koreans, switch to armour and blow them apart.

Compared with a game where my oly choice would be to walk forwards and shoot at the enemies when I see them, Crysis is really something.

And playing the game at 1600x1200 with everything on high, I'd say the game looks pretty damn gorgeous. It's not as good looking as running it at very high in DX10, but I never expected it to. Crysis is the best looking game my pc has ever seen, though, and It's a simple pleasure to look at.

If you're disappointed, it's because your expectations were greater than the game provided for, and that's really your own fault. I went into Crysis expecting a bad game, and I think it's awesome.

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts
It's certainly not as impressive as the first shots/videos the devs fed us, both graphics and physics wise. That disappointed me a little, but maybe they saved all of that for later, no point in releasing a game no one can play max'ed. Still, the game is certainly the most impressive shooter to date, engine wise.
jazilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 jazilla
Member since 2005 • 2320 Posts
Games are becoming so profitable that their marketing campaigns dwarf what development costs used to be. That makes for hype ad-nauseum. I liked it. I just wish I didn't have to go through 2 years+ of hoopla. This is also the one medium that you here about stuff on a regular basis and have 20 million trailers for. ith a movie you get a lot of the same footage. I dunno, I just think things get overdone these days.
Loopy_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Loopy_me
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts

you were?? oh sad...sorry dude

personnally i love it...played through it quite a few times to

and only on my most recent adventure i had the pleasure of chasing/stalking down a running and scared kpa...

oh it was great, he was some 100 yards ahead...speed mode to catch up, then a really long jump, he turns around to shoot and i grab his throat ...muahaaha, strength mode, punch the face and THROW ..into a tree to...just to see his body break even more

graphics are great so far....going to be better with retail, but i havent ever seen so much detail in a game and even if it feels a little bit scratchy..it's awesome

gameplay and story is solid and fun

and i havent had so much fun killing people :thumb:

again sry you havent had as much fun

shanelevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shanelevy
Member since 2004 • 1316 Posts

It seemed really really glitchy and there wasn't that much groundbreaking material that the game was so hyped up about. I wasnt that impressed by the graphics either, my comp isnt that bad, ATI x1650, 3ghz process, 1gb corsair...Mindlessworks

I wouldn't be impressed with the graphics running on that machine either. Medium-low settings just isn't gonna look that good.

So just what did you expect? What was hyped that wasn't in the game?? Im serious here. What did you expect that they didn't deliver on? or did you just let your imagination run away with you and you expected things that were never promised...

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
You need a better computer to experience what I got from it. I've already got my copy pre ordered.
giantraddish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 giantraddish
Member since 2002 • 307 Posts

It looks cool. It looks like fun. I'm gonna buy it.

It's not the second coming of Christ. The AI is not that great. It has cutscenes: LAME. And it seems to suffer from the Deus Ex dilema of making every problem solvable in six different ways = easy game. I could go on. Knitpicking is easy. But really only one question matters: is it fun? For me the answer is "yes".

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
Topic starter...your rig isnt any good for Crysis. Thats probably why you didnt like the demo.
scojaremaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scojaremaa
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

wats wrong wid u n00bs, the demo was awesome

yeah da graphics wer kinda slow if u dont have an uber-fast pc, but the game itself was amazing

u guys who think it was disapointn must hav expectations so hi that nothin will satisfy u

Fusion_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -15

#13 Fusion_Master
Member since 2004 • 246 Posts
I run a Nvidia Geforce 8800 gt, 2gb ddr2 ram, 2.0ghz quad core cpu and the game can barely run on high settings and no matter what setting I have it on I get lag whenI click "C" to customize my weapon. I'd like to think I'm knowledgable of games and hardware etc, as I have a custom built rig that can run Bioshock on full with absolutely NO problems. Then I pick up the Crysis demo and I swear it has the worst performance of any game/demo I have ever played. Did I miss something?
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
It seemed really really glitchy and there wasn't that much groundbreaking material that the game was so hyped up about. I wasnt that impressed by the graphics either, my comp isnt that bad, ATI x1650, 3ghz process, 1gb corsair...Mindlessworks
you played on low 800x600 res and say you weren't impressed by the graphics? :roll: with a frame rate below 30
Succumbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Succumbus
Member since 2004 • 597 Posts
Hype is a huge killer among games today...Don't expect alot from upcoming big games, and you'll get alot more than you bargained for. =]
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Time to download the demofunmap #5 and play around with some TAC launchers and helicopters I think.

Compared to most other shooters available right now... Crysis is outstanding.
LittleKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LittleKey
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You don't have much of an excuse to not like it. Doesn't matter what the graphics are at, it's still fun.
laez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 laez
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts

X1650 never was a good gaming card. The 1950 pro was the budget gaming card from that gen.