would you pay 99.00 for Gaming Mice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bike749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bike749
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
i find this so funny why would a person pay 99.00 for Logitech Mice Wow Just Sad.
Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts
i find this so funny why would a person pay 99.00 for Logitech Mice Wow Just Sad.bike749
E-peen size,e-peen size...
Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

i find this so funny why would a person pay 99.00 for Logitech Mice Wow Just Sad.bike749

actually it's 75 on newegg

Vax45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vax45
Member since 2005 • 4834 Posts
I payed $25 for a Logitech MX518. I think that was a good deal for how comfortable it is and the built in cursor speed adjustments for quickly switching between looky-looky shooty or tracky-tracky snipey in FPS's.
littlehelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 littlehelp
Member since 2004 • 1264 Posts
I don't know. This microsoft wired laser mouse has always been fine for me. :P
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

I'd rather spend $100 on a mouse then $400 on a video card that will last 2 years (if I'm lucky) vrs the 3-4 years I'll have the mouse.

Lehman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lehman
Member since 2005 • 2512 Posts
i would spend that much on a mouse cause
1- looks better and DPI and things are customisable
2- i can afford it (well when i was"I" i mean my dad)
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 trodeback
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

I'd rather spend $100 on a mouse then $400 on a video card that will last 2 years (if I'm lucky) vrs the 3-4 years I'll have the mouse.

Krall

This is a very good point, imput devices are probably the only thing that you aren't going to have to worry about becoming outdated. How long has the keyboard and mouse been around? How long will it continue to be around? So buying a nice keyboard and mouse is very important since it's pretty much the only part that's going to flow with every new build. With that said though, I do think that there are really good gaming mice out there around $30-$50. $99 seems like overkill.

opazhman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 opazhman
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
If you know anything about PC gaming you wouldn't say that.
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trodeback

If you know anything about PC gaming you wouldn't say that.opazhman

How much do you need to know about PC gaming to say that 100 bucks for a mouse is too much?

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="Krall"]

trodeback

This is a very good point, imput devices are probably the only thing that you aren't going to have to worry about becoming outdated. How long has the keyboard and mouse been around? How long will it continue to be around? So buying a nice keyboard and mouse is very important since it's pretty much the only part that's going to flow with every new build. With that said though, I do think that there are really good gaming mice out there around $30-$50. $99 seems like overkill.

The mouse I had lasted about 2 years then the clicker piece broke off and ruined the entire mouse. Eventhough I play mostly FPS, I still don't think it is worth $100 for a MOUSE. The difference between a $10 mouse and a $100 mouse isn't worth it (IMO). I played a FPS on my friends Razor mouse and it was pretty much a bunch of worthless buttons that wern't used. I'd rather spend $90 games.

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krall
[QUOTE="trodeback"][QUOTE="Krall"]

Swiftstrike5

The mouse I had lasted about 2 years then the clicker piece broke off and ruined the entire mouse. Eventhough I play mostly FPS, I still don't think it is worth $100 for a MOUSE. The difference between a $10 mouse and a $100 mouse isn't worth it (IMO). I played a FPS on my friends Razor mouse and it was pretty much a bunch of worthless buttons that wern't used. I'd rather spend $90 games.

Wow there's no comparison between a $10 mouse and a $100 mouse!?! How could you even say that if you've used both?!?

The difference in quality alone is like night and day. My MX1000 is 3 years old and still going strong and I love the extra buttons for web surfing on top of the gaming I do.

Besides all this, those mice won't be $100 for long. For at least Logitech the prices drop like a rock after they are out for a while.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"][QUOTE="trodeback"][QUOTE="Krall"]

Krall

Wow there's no comparison between a $10 mouse and a $100 mouse!?! How could you even say that if you've used both?!?

The difference in quality alone is like night and day. My MX1000 is 3 years old and still going strong and I love the extra buttons for web surfing on top of the gaming I do.

Besides all this, those mice won't be $100 for long. For at least Logitech the prices drop like a rock after they are out for a while.

I didn't realize I needed a comparison. I said IMO (In my opinion) and your first post didn't have a comparison either (so I'm assuming that's your opinion also). I used a Razor mouse to play STALKER at my friends house. I didn't feel any difference and those buttons wern't used because they wern't set (how much more can I say? It's not "Night and Day" to describe how a mouse reacts on a computer) . All I can say is, if you expect $90+ mouse to increase your skill level in a FPS then you're expecting too much. As long as my mouse has 2 buttons, a wheel, and uses lasor sensor, I'm set.

Avatar image for gameplayer4ever
gameplayer4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gameplayer4ever
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Trackballsused to be expensive. In the late 1980s and early 1990s, the average trackball was about $120.00.

PC gaming is not for poor people. If you cannot afford to upgrade your PC every year or two then you might want to buya console. If I could not play PCgamesin maximum quality at a decent frame rate then I would not play PC games. I am a casual gamer, but I like having the best hardware.

trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 trodeback

The mouse probably took a crap because it was a $10 mouse. And if the only gaming mouse that you've used is a Razor you need to try a Logitec. Guarenteed you'll buy your first $50 mouse.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Krall

i agree

Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts

Not that I spend $100, but some people have more money than you ;-P.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

Your the sad one. I got my logitech G9 mouse from mwave on the dec. 26 for $40. Thats right$40. Originally it was $80 they took off$20 from the original. Then I got a $20 mail in rebate. You sir fail. While I enjoy my G9 mouse for $40.

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"][QUOTE="trodeback"][QUOTE="Krall"]

Krall

Ive also used the MX1000 for 3 years, even though it is not considered a gaming mouse, I love the ergonomics of the mouse, everyone who uses it says it feels great. While I say its not a gaming mouse, it's large size and heavy feel suits my preferences.

But being a competitive cs player, I have never seen a clan do well at a lan tournament and not have decent mice.

SearchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SearchMaster
Member since 2005 • 7243 Posts

good micefor Gamingdont have to be reported as gamers gear because most of companies just use ''Gamers'' and make it double the price.
Well, im not going to say that i dont have an expensive mouse. Honestly,i have the G7 and i could difference when i upgraded from anormal Microsoft mouse and anyway i got it for agreat deal.

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Krall

I didn't realize I needed a comparison. I said IMO (In my opinion) and your first post didn't have a comparison either (so I'm assuming that's your opinion also). I used a Razor mouse to play STALKER at my friends house. I didn't feel any difference and those buttons wern't used because they wern't set (how much more can I say? It's not "Night and Day" to describe how a mouse reacts on a computer) . All I can say is, if you expect $90+ mouse to increase your skill level in a FPS then you're expecting too much. As long as my mouse has 2 buttons, a wheel, and uses lasor sensor, I'm set.

Swiftstrike5

Eh you compared your friends Razor mouse with your $10 mouse...

I've used all kinds of mice, cheap $10 no namers, wireless, wired, $40 mice, $80 mice... Exactly how could someone come up with a solid answer if they haven't seen (or in this case felt) the difference between a cheap mouse and an expensive mouse for gaming is beyond me. That's like me saying alfredo fettucini is horrible without putting any in my mouth.

sasjebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sasjebus
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts

Mmmm, I was planning to get a new mouse for quite some time now and I was planning to get the G9; but now I hear that it's rather small and I love to rest my palm on the mouse for a better feeling.

Now I don't know what to buy and was thinking about something that is a bit more cheap cause I don't want to wast to much cash; so does anybody have any expirience with the Cyber Snipa S.W.A.T. Mouse? DPI is a little low compared to mice like the G9 but I'm currently using a mouse with 1000 DPI so I doubt I will have problems with that.

mantis789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 mantis789
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

Absolutly not, I would rather use the extra money to buy new RAM or a better graphics card.

**Off-topic**

Hey jebus ;)

Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Merovingin33
Member since 2004 • 3877 Posts
i rather dont mind. tho i went threw 2 but they lasted a long time.
Mr_NoName111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mr_NoName111
Member since 2005 • 1035 Posts
I'd say getting a very good mouse IS worth it, but spending that much to get one isn't. ie. i bought my G5 for 30 bucks CAD.
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts

Swiftstrike5

You played one game for a few hours, and didn't use the majority of the features the mouse had to offer. That's like buying a 2-story house after living in a one-story one, never using the second floor, and saying your old house was better.

trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trodeback

I'd say getting a very good mouse IS worth it, but spending that much to get one isn't. ie. i bought my G5 for 30 bucks CAD.Mr_NoName111

This man knows where it's at. It's deffinately worth it to put out for a good keyboard/mouse. The thing is to buy the stuff on sale or cheaper than normal. That's kinda how it goes with all computer stuff. One doesn't have to buy a good gaming mouse for 100 bucks. You just have to shop around and find the best deal at the best price. Most good gaming mice have an MSRP above 70 bucks so you've got to be patient and get one for 30-40 bucks or cheaper. That way you'll get the good gaming mouse and it will last your 2+ years and you'll never have regrets of spending too much money. "Would you pay $40 for a Gaming mouse?" YES!

bike749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bike749
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
is it worth buying a 100.00 dollar gaming mice ?
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trodeback

is it worth buying a 100.00 dollar gaming mice ?bike749

Read the article buddy

uberchrislol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uberchrislol
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

Haha I have the same generic keyboard and the same generic mouse i had about 5 five years ago it seems like. I keep telling myself I'll get newer ones but I never get around to it.

Lehman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lehman
Member since 2005 • 2512 Posts

i reakon a gaming mouse is only for really PRO gamers or for ppl that wanna show off or have money to spare

in only got a SideWinder casue its look pretty damn cool and its pretty comfortable in ma hand andgot a G15 cause of the backlit lights and the screen
i dont think im PRO but i go to tournaments adn LAN partys with ma friends and cousin

Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts

I wouldn't pay anything more than $40 for a mouse.

I don't know. This microsoft wired laser mouse has always been fine for me. :Panimemog

Same here.

Free with my MS OEM keyboard. :lol:

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts
i was using a 10 year old keyboard and a cheap 15 dollar optic mouse from walmart for at least 4 years. then i got a 60 keyboard and a 50 dollar mouse online... both broke about 3 months later.
SoberWarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 SoberWarock
Member since 2005 • 3086 Posts
I just stick with a cheap microsoft optical wheel mouse (which lasted me for a year now w00t) so that I don't require heavy equipment just to play games.
kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
I payed AU$66 for my G5, and it was well worth it, if you pay $99 for one, you are getting ripped off.
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trodeback

I payed AU$66 for my G5, and it was well worth it, if you pay $99 for one, you are getting ripped off.kruesader

paid US$25 for my G5

kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts

[QUOTE="kruesader"]I payed AU$66 for my G5, and it was well worth it, if you pay $99 for one, you are getting ripped off.trodeback

paid US$25 for my G5

Lucky Americans :P

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

Krall
Impossible to compare apples to oranges. I'd definitely rather spend the money on a graphics card that will last 2years than $100 on a mouse that only does one minor task of moving a cursor on your screen.
AA7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AA7
Member since 2003 • 2845 Posts

i reakon a gaming mouse is only for really PRO gamers or for ppl that wanna show off or have money to spare

in only got a SideWinder casue its look pretty damn cool and its pretty comfortable in ma hand andgot a G15 cause of the backlit lights and the screen
i dont think im PRO but i go to tournaments adn LAN partys with ma friends and cousin

Lehman

I have the logitech G9. I wouldnt al all say that im Pro, but if im gonna have a machine like min (in the sig) I may as well go all out.

Jebus4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jebus4life
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

Guys; I'm likely to get a Microsoft Habu Gaming Mouse for a very nice price (20$ or so)

Take it or pay 30$ more on a Razer?

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Eh. I said this once before. I got my G9 for $40. from mwave. It was one of there Christmas sales. I they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
xdeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xdeer
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts
why would i spend such money on the mouse...i just happy with my standard mouse working nicely
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Krall
[QUOTE="Krall"]

gamer082009

Impossible to compare apples to oranges. I'd definitely rather spend the money on a graphics card that will last 2years than $100 on a mouse that only does one minor task of moving a cursor on your screen.

That's not the whole story a mouse does more then move a cursor on your screen, if you want to bring things down to that level then a video card simply draws images on your screen ;)

If you guys are happy with a mouse you bought for $10 or less then great I'm glad you saved a bunch of money, but the truth of the matter is you cannot produce a smooth as glass mouse with buttons to accommodate more then activating a context menu for less then $25. If that doesn't matter to you for gaming then I think you guys are missing out on part of the PC gaming experience much like those using onboard sound and $15 speakers.

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Thinker_145
Member since 2007 • 2546 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="Krall"]

Krall

That's not the whole story a mouse does more then move a cursor on your screen, if you want to bring things down to that level then a video card simply draws images on your screen ;)

If you guys are happy with a mouse you bought for $10 or less then great I'm glad you saved a bunch of money, but the truth of the matter is you cannot produce a smooth as glass mouse with buttons to accommodate more then activating a context menu for less then $25. If that doesn't matter to you for gaming then I think you guys are missing out on part of the PC gaming experience much like those using onboard sound and $15 speakers.

My mouse cost me $20.It has 2 thumb buttons,a very comfortable feel,a grip to rest your thumb and dpi settings.I dont really see what a $100 mouse would have beter than my mouse.

And you realize that on board audio is better than the low end sound cards like the sound blaster audigy which were once considered good.A kick ass sound setup for games is really not that important.Well it maybe important but certainly not than having a good monitor and powerful hardware.

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts
oh noes thinker is back! D:
--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts
Yes I would.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
For a mouse, that seems too much. 50 US$ is the sweet spot. And, yes, I would spend a bit extra on a good mouse. I used to use some cheap POS with a scroll ball that had negative-acceleration issues that would make my crosshairs and pointer move somewhere other than where I want them. It also stopped moving the cursor for a second or two at times. Things like that get you fragged. Luckily, my parents got me a Logitech G5 for Christmas a few years ago, back when the one-thumb-button model was new and cost 70 US$ or so. With it, any error in putting bullets in my target is my own, not the mouse's. (That said, I really wish they put two thumb buttons in the thing from the start...hell, I'd rather have its form factor that of a wired MX1000 equipped with the enhanced laser sensor!) All of that said, I am a person known for buying expensive input devices to get that extra edge...*points to an IBM Model M 1391401, a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar pre-modded with a FCC-1 force-sensing stick mod, some CH Products Pro Pedals USB that are about to be replaced by a Thrustmaster RCS since the latter can plug directly into the Cougar, a vacant space on top of an old shadow-mask CRT monitor that will soon be occupied by a TrackIR 4, and a Steel Battalion set*
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trodeback
[QUOTE="Krall"][QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="Krall"]

Thinker_145

My mouse cost me $20.It has 2 thumb buttons,a very comfortable feel,a grip to rest your thumb and dpi settings.I dont really see what a $100 mouse would have beter than my mouse.

And you realize that on board audio is better than the low end sound cards like the sound blaster audigy which were once considered good.A kick ass sound setup for games is really not that important.Well it maybe important but certainly not than having a good monitor and powerful hardware.

It's all about "IMO"s. But I'd say that the majority of the time. Like 90% of the time if you want the best of the best you've got to pay like the rest. The good stuff will always cost more. Yet there will always be exceptions because not everyone really cares to have the best. I'm sure thinker has a good mouse though. from what I've read of his posts he's always the guy who likes the very best bang for his buck. And there's nothing wrong is saving a little money if you're still playing games how you wanna.