Worth getting a full tower case?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to ask if it was worth getting a full tower case in regards to temps since I Crossfired. Would that help my temps go down a bit, since I was looking at the NZXT Phantom, and I could knock out 2 birds with one stone, since I've had my eye on that case for a while. Thanks!
Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
It may help, however have you considered adding more case fans to your current case? That'd help increase airflow in and out of the case.
Blistrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Blistrax
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
I've seen experiments that show you get the lowest temps with the side off the case. I take that to mean the bigger the case, the better for cooling. If you have the room, a full tower will cool the best, I guess partly because the larger volume of air can absorb more heat, you can have more fans, and the cables won't be in the way so much.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

All things being equal, yeah, the full tower should be better for cooling, but it's not the end-all be-all. A good mATX case can cool a multi-GPU set-up just as well as (if not better than) a mediocre full tower.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
Check out the Silverstone Raven rv03. It's a spectacular case for multi-gpu setups.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It can help but its not necessary, i think full tower cases are designed more for the water cooled TRI-SLI gtx 580 builds. lol

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

A good quality tower case is one of the few PC parts that could be regarded as futureproof - it will outlast your current build, andonly need replacing when you want to, rather than needing to with a new build. It allows the installation of more and larger fans - allowing for better cooling while also being quieter. It is large enough to take the largest graphics cards, or watercooling setups if you want.