This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I'm wondering who everyone else thinks is the worst dev for pc today.

Mine goes for Ubisoft. Every game they release is not optimized in the least. The Division, the AC series, Far Cry series, Watch Dogs all have huge performance problems, and they hardly ever get addressed. Furthermore, Ubisoft release many of these games on an annual basis, which dilutes the quality greatly.

I loved Ubi when they were making the original Splinter Cell games, The Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia, Beyond good and Evil, and a lot of others. But for the last 5-6 years they've gone ass out for profit, and the quality of each of their big franchises has dropped year by year IMHO.

Devnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Devnon
Member since 2012 • 89 Posts

I picked up Watch Dogs within the first week of release, I never had any performance/optimization issues. The driving was a little weird, but other than that I enjoyed the game.

I haven't played the Division, anything after AC1 or any of the FC.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
Every game they release is not optimized in the least.

Not really.

They should take more time with QA but not every game comes out un-optimized.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@FelipeInside said:
@hillelslovak said:

Not really.

Splinter Cell Blackjlist (2013) was the last game I've gotten from them that has not had big problems, and many that were never fixed too.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@FelipeInside said:
@hillelslovak said:

Not really.

Splinter Cell Blackjlist (2013) was the last game I've gotten from them that has not had big problems, and many that were never fixed too.

- The Division works fine (just has too many exploits). That came out a couple of months ago.

- The Crew works fine.

- Anno works fine.

- Rayman Adventures works fine.

- Siege works fine.

It's just that gamers always concentrate on what DOESN'T work. Like I said though, they still should test their games a bit more before release.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Ptth, Digital Homicide takes the cake.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Dark Souls 1 developer framesoft PC with out fixing it your self.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@skipper847 said:

Yeah, From Software is incompetent. DS3 runs like garbage on my rig. I can get 55-60 fps on high with the witcher 3, but DS3 chugs along at 35-40 fps. It's 2016 and they cant code for more than a single core, whereas multicore systems have been all over since DS1, and DS3 is on a new engine. You would expect a game that looks that bad would at least run well, like DS2.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I loved Ubi in the early days as well when they actually developed games instead of publishing games, now Ubi is rated IMO similar to EA.

Also there's an actual page dedicated to worst game developers with peoples opinions on them: http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-video-game-developers/

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@skipper847 said:

Yeah, From Software is incompetent. DS3 runs like garbage on my rig. I can get 55-60 fps on high with the witcher 3, but DS3 chugs along at 35-40 fps. It's 2016 and they cant code for more than a single core, whereas multicore systems have been all over since DS1, and DS3 is on a new engine. You would expect a game that looks that bad would at least run well, like DS2.

wtf DS1 ran better on my old PC than any new triple-A title back then. DS2 ran butter smooth for me too. i don't know about DS3 though, since i got it for PS4, but i've heard it has some problems on PC. DS1 was only "bad" port, because it didn't ADD anything. other than that, it was actually better than the console version simply because it ran better.

if you play those games on console, it's the best studio ever, so i guess it's about perspective. some big studios actually make sloppy, boring games, which i think is far worse.

and yes, you can call me a fanboy. those great games Fromsoft makes have turned me into one. not many studios can pull that off these days.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

omit their ip. gearbox

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Probably Warn Bros.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skipper847

@groowagon said:
@hillelslovak said:
@skipper847 said:

wtf DS1 ran better on my old PC than any new triple-A title back then. DS2 ran butter smooth for me too. i don't know about DS3 though, since i got it for PS4, but i've heard it has some problems on PC. DS1 was only "bad" port, because it didn't ADD anything. other than that, it was actually better than the console version simply because it ran better.

if you play those games on console, it's the best studio ever, so i guess it's about perspective. some big studios actually make sloppy, boring games, which i think is far worse.

and yes, you can call me a fanboy. those great games Fromsoft makes have turned me into one. not many studios can pull that off these days.

They couldn't be bothered them selfs to scrip better keyboard and mouse you had to find a fix to enter in to ini file. If you used keyboard and mouse it still showed xbox controller icons. Mouse curser used to stay on as well. It was just a bad port. That why it my worst developer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@skipper847 said:
@groowagon said:
@hillelslovak said:
@skipper847 said:

They couldn't be bothered them selfs to scrip better keyboard and mouse you had to find a fix to enter in to ini file. If you used keyboard and mouse it still showed xbox controller icons. Mouse curser used to stay on as well. It was just a bad port. That why it my worst developer.

That game was designed to be played with gamepad. No-one in their right mind is going to play it with KB+M. Or if you do, it's your loss.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By skipper847

@groowagon: Yeah but it was ported to PC there for they should take more time. There just lazy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@skipper847 said:

@groowagon: Yeah but it was ported to PC there for they should take more time. There just lazy.

you can't make a game like Dark Souls play great with KB+M no matter how much time you spend working with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@groowagon said:
@skipper847 said:

you can't make a game like Dark Souls play great with KB+M no matter how much time you spend working with it.

They spent no time though. There are not even m and kb button prompts. I play 99% of my games with gamepad, and my cousin does the same with m and kb. The idea that he is essentially cut off from a game because he uses the default input method for pc is absurd.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

The worst? I dunno I've probably never heard of them since they're so bad.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#19 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@groowagon said:
@skipper847 said:
@groowagon said:
@hillelslovak said:
@skipper847 said:

That game was designed to be played with gamepad. No-one in their right mind is going to play it with KB+M. Or if you do, it's your loss.

Yeah, basically. Just chalk it up and play it with a controller. If you have the money to build a gaming PC, you have the money for a $30 controller. Dark Souls 1 was still better on PC than on console, even with pre-dxfix. There's no way that From Software are the worst developer, they're probably the boldest in terms of design and are quite unmatched when it comes to level design, boss design and creature design when it comes to big games.

Ubisoft are okay. Definitely not the worst. Grow Home was nice, Splinter Cell: Blacklist is probably one of the most underrated games, The Division sounds like a good port. Trackmania: Turbo is fine on PC even if it's not as good as previous games. Valiant Hearts is awesome. I dont really care about the rest of their games.

As for the worst, there are some terrible developers out there that file copyright claims on criticisms on their shit game, others scam through Early Access and others game the Steam Greenlight, some get traction, but most dont. But whoever developed WarZ. That is the worst developer that ever got some traction from recent memory.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#20  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@groowagon said:
@skipper847 said:

They spent no time though. There are not even m and kb button prompts. I play 99% of my games with gamepad, and my cousin does the same with m and kb. The idea that he is essentially cut off from a game because he uses the default input method for pc is absurd.

Several flight games in the past never functioned without a flight stick. Select racing sims dont work properly without a wheel. I also dont see what's different for a game like total war or Guild Wars 2 to not have gamepad support, when they probably could. The restriction of a game to utilize the best and intended input method has existed within PC gaming for a very long time. I dont know why Dark Souls should be any different for a game that wasnt supposed to land on the PC in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@illmatic87 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@groowagon said:
@skipper847 said:

Several flight games in the past never functioned without a flight stick. Select racing sims dont work properly without a wheel. I also dont see what's different for a game like total war or Guild Wars 2 to not have gamepad support, when they probably could. The restriction of a game to utilize the best and intended input method has existed within PC gaming for a very long time. I dont know why Dark Souls should be any different for a game that wasnt supposed to land on the PC in the first place.

So this justifies them putting in keyboard and mouse, only to disable rebinding of keys, and not even have keyboard and mouse prompts? How is them completely half assing a big part of their game justified?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I won't say Ubisoft is the worst developer, but they're certainly the most disappointing. Back in the day they released amazing games that worked pretty well at launch. They were also unique. Now, their games are usually riddled with bugs, mediocre, generic, and lacking in any sort of personality. Feels like their games are becoming very samey and too often borrowing from popular titles, after nixing all the unique qualities that their IP's use to possess.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Warner Bros. probably

Or anyone who makes fighting games for PC.

3000AD gets my vote for worst all-time though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@hillelslovak said:
@illmatic87 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@groowagon said:
@skipper847 said:

So this justifies them putting in keyboard and mouse, only to disable rebinding of keys, and not even have keyboard and mouse prompts? How is them completely half assing a big part of their game justified?

Maybe it doesn't justify it, but most people just don't care, since they played it with gamepad anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#25 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Prolly a kickstarter who spent all the money without making a game!

And Ubisoft is a publisher. Developers don't release games, publishers do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@Cobra_nVidia said:

Prolly a kickstarter who spent all the money without making a game!

And Ubisoft is a publisher. Developers don't release games, publishers do.

Ubisoft does both.

Sadpolar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sadpolar7
Member since 2016 • 108 Posts

EA or Ubisoft. Greedy fuckers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bacece731933
deactivated-5bacece731933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#28 deactivated-5bacece731933
Member since 2015 • 218 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

Mine goes for Ubisoft. Every game they release is not optimized in the least. The Division, the AC series, Far Cry series, Watch Dogs all have huge performance problems, and they hardly ever get addressed. Furthermore, Ubisoft release many of these games on an annual basis, which dilutes the quality greatly.

I loved Ubi when they were making the original Splinter Cell games, The Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia, Beyond good and Evil, and a lot of others. But for the last 5-6 years they've gone ass out for profit, and the quality of each of their big franchises has dropped year by year IMHO.

Definitely Ubisoft. I absolute detest their policy for game-making. If they spent half the money they spend for marketing on creativity and better games, I think the world would be a much nicer place. I am absolutely sick of seeing a Ubisoft game ad EVERY NEW DAY. Remember the month before Division's release? I don't think even president candidates do that much of a campaign! And all that those ads seemed to be yelling towards the customer was (in my opinion):

"HI! WE ARE UBISOFT! WE MADE ANOTHER WORTHLESS GAME THAT WE WILL PRICE 60 EUROS SO WE TRY TO PRETEND THAT IT IS AMAZING AND GROUND-BREAKING BY SHOWING YOU ALL THIS COOL, SLOW-MO, FADE IN-FADE OUT AND HEAVILY NARRATED VIDEOS AND SCREENSHOTS. BECAUSE WHAT BETTER WAY TO CONVINCE YOU THAT THIS GAME WILL BE JUST WONDERFUL THAN SHOWING THE GOOD GRAPHICS WE CREATED! IF YOU DON'T BUY THIS GAME AFTER THIS MUCH PUBLICITY, WELL- WHO CARES! WE WILL MAKE DIVISION 2 NEXT YEAR ANYWAY AND IT WILL BE JUST AS BAD BUT WE WILL PRICE IT 60 EUROS AGAIN!"

And... seriously. Syndicate was maybe one of the worst WORST AC games ever. I can almost picture a South Park-ish scene in the Ubisoft HQ when someone proposed the addition of grapple to the game and everyone was like:

-Wow thats amazing sir!

-Good one dear president, good one!

-That's completely new!

-NOBODY CAN SAY WE DON'T IMPROVE ANYMORE!

Let's also talk about the abomination that is FarCry Primal. Horrible textures and asset-cycling, stupid, seemingly-new mechanics that are just the same as before. The freaking asset-cycling! THE FREAKING REPETITION IN ALL THEIR GAMES! I think as consumers we deserve more than being pushed the same, exact, identical game with some superficial stuff changed and all the rest just left the same and charged 60 Euros for it. How disrespectful is that! How arrogant! It is almost like Ubisoft has turned into Abstergo themselves.

On the other hand we have CDProjektRed who care unbelievably for the games they make and for those to whom they are grateful to for buying and playing these amazing games that they have created.

Please, please stop buying Ubi games. They became what EA turned into some decade ago. Punish them as the customer and they will change. Ubi has good developers and artists, this is definitely an administrative problem.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@groowagon said:

It had more problems than that. Locked at 30fps and 720P I think as well. It is the console game playable on a PC. Nothing more, nothing less. To see how little they care about PC gaming, look at DSII. Some of the problems it had wasn't fixed until they released the games on PS4/Xbone with their new version of it.

I haven't bought a Ubisoft game since Far Cry 4 I think... Haven't played it yet. Last I played was either Watch Dogs or an older Splinter Cell game... Conviction or Double Agent... Pretty sure it was Conviction. Didn't have any problems that I remember with those games.

EA does half ass things as well. But I guess they still get some games right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@pcfascist said:
@hillelslovak said:

Definitely Ubisoft. I absolute detest their policy for game-making. If they spent half the money they spend for marketing on creativity and better games, I think the world would be a much nicer place. I am absolutely sick of seeing a Ubisoft game ad EVERY NEW DAY. Remember the month before Division's release? I don't think even president candidates do that much of a campaign! And all that those ads seemed to be yelling towards the customer was (in my opinion):

"HI! WE ARE UBISOFT! WE MADE ANOTHER WORTHLESS GAME THAT WE WILL PRICE 60 EUROS SO WE TRY TO PRETEND THAT IT IS AMAZING AND GROUND-BREAKING BY SHOWING YOU ALL THIS COOL, SLOW-MO, FADE IN-FADE OUT AND HEAVILY NARRATED VIDEOS AND SCREENSHOTS. BECAUSE WHAT BETTER WAY TO CONVINCE YOU THAT THIS GAME WILL BE JUST WONDERFUL THAN SHOWING THE GOOD GRAPHICS WE CREATED! IF YOU DON'T BUY THIS GAME AFTER THIS MUCH PUBLICITY, WELL- WHO CARES! WE WILL MAKE DIVISION 2 NEXT YEAR ANYWAY AND IT WILL BE JUST AS BAD BUT WE WILL PRICE IT 60 EUROS AGAIN!"

And... seriously. Syndicate was maybe one of the worst WORST AC games ever. I can almost picture a South Park-ish scene in the Ubisoft HQ when someone proposed the addition of grapple to the game and everyone was like:

-Wow thats amazing sir!

-That's completely new!

Let's also talk about the abomination that is FarCry Primal. Horrible textures and asset-cycling, stupid, seemingly-new mechanics that are just the same as before. The freaking asset-cycling! THE FREAKING REPETITION IN ALL THEIR GAMES! I think as consumers we deserve more than being pushed the same, exact, identical game with some superficial stuff changed and all the rest just left the same and charged 60 Euros for it. How disrespectful is that! How arrogant! It is almost like Ubisoft has turned into Abstergo themselves.

On the other hand we have CDProjektRed who care unbelievably for the games they make and for those to whom they are grateful to for buying and playing these amazing games that they have created.

Please, please stop buying Ubi games. They became what EA turned into some decade ago. Punish them as the customer and they will change. Ubi has good developers and artists, this is definitely an administrative problem.

You're a fish out of water, you need to break allies free. Liberate some sort of tower to reveal everything on the map. Piece by piece, take over the world territory by territory, taking out gangs and outposts. Every Ubi Game now, it's been the same thing for like 5 years. The only awesome games they have made since 2010 have been AC Black flag, FC3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist, and I dont even count FC3 on pc considering it is horridly optimized, which is one of the hallmarks of Ubi games for a long ass time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bacece731933
deactivated-5bacece731933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#31 deactivated-5bacece731933
Member since 2015 • 218 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@pcfascist said:
@hillelslovak said:

-Wow thats amazing sir!

-That's completely new!

You're a fish out of water, you need to break allies free. Liberate some sort of tower to reveal everything on the map. Piece by piece, take over the world territory by territory, taking out gangs and outposts. Every Ubi Game now, it's been the same thing for like 5 years. The only awesome games they have made since 2010 have been AC Black flag, FC3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist, and I dont even count FC3 on pc considering it is horridly optimized, which is one of the hallmarks of Ubi games for a long ass time.

Completely agree. Black Flag was amazing but the rest... And you know what is their excuse for poor optimisation? I can't find the official quote now but something like: "PC gamers will download illegally anyway so why should we bother optimising?" Absolutely revolting!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@pcfascist said:
@hillelslovak said:
@pcfascist said:
@hillelslovak said:

-Wow thats amazing sir!

-That's completely new!

Completely agree. Black Flag was amazing but the rest... And you know what is their excuse for poor optimisation? I can't find the official quote now but something like: "PC gamers will download illegally anyway so why should we bother optimising?" Absolutely revolting!

Yeah, they dont realize the fact that if they dont polish their games, gamers will not find a reason to suppor tthem.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

The Heroes and Generals dev

They even won an award for worst dev...

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Probably ubisoft. Most of their ports run like crap on pc.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

The Worst devs has to be EA Games.

Aldouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points