World of Warcraft shouldn't be shortened to WoW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mstc_Q
Member since 2007 • 1901 Posts

It should be shortened to "G&G" as a nod to D&D since they are stealing ideas from eachother all the time.

G&G also stands for "GG Blizz" or "Grinding and Guild Drama"

SmokingBomber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SmokingBomber1
Member since 2004 • 206 Posts
Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.SmokingBomber

I find it ironic that you are posting on a gaming forum when in reality that is just as much of a waste of time as playing WoW.

Playing videogames in general are a waste of time.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokingBomber"]Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.Vis-a-Vis

I find it ironic that you are posting on a gaming forum when in reality that is just as much of a waste of time as playing WoW.

Says the person with a almost 7k gamer score..

drgoth2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 drgoth2006
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokingBomber"]Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.Vis-a-Vis

... but learning english isn't

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mstc_Q

Other video games are LESS of a waste of time than WoW.

I've never walked away from a game as completely unsatisfied as when I quit WoW, and I played for a long time. You keep thinking things will get better, you keep grinding to get the new gear. It's a carrot on a stick with no real epiphany, no real end or satisfaction. At least, not as long as you aren't a hardcore player who spends 4 or more hours a day on the thing; and in that case, SmokingBomber is perfectly right, you'll be years behind everyone else your age.

I make this post as a warning; don't play that game.

ScratchedFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ScratchedFury
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts
Some people like having their entire lives devoted to a single game. I, however, do not, and cannot find the fun in doing so.
gozalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 gozalo
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
[QUOTE="Vis-a-Vis"]

[QUOTE="SmokingBomber"]Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.Expo_Smacko

drgoth2006

I can almost smell the ownage.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
[QUOTE="Expo_Smacko"][QUOTE="Vis-a-Vis"]

[QUOTE="SmokingBomber"]Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.gozalo

drgoth2006

I can't..

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Expo_Smacko"][QUOTE="Vis-a-Vis"]

[QUOTE="SmokingBomber"]Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.gozalo

drgoth2006

All I can smell are a bunch of haters

NEOSPARKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 NEOSPARKING
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
oh yeah what are you gonna do about it
mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mstc_Q

oh yeah what are you gonna do about itNEOSPARKING

Wait... What?

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

One thing i hate is people who play wow for months or years then say its a load of s**t. Why the hell did it keep you playing for so long then?

WoW is what you want it to be. I played up to BC, then left, then went back, now left again. I have only done one raid in all that time yet have 1xlv70 and 3xlv65's and loads of 30-50's.

Sure i'm bored now but i still can say its great. I loved the social side, made some great friends but never took it serious. Spent most of my time in BG's and Arena just having a laugh.

Valkyrie_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#14 Valkyrie_44
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

All I can smell are a bunch of haters

Lonelynight

Ahh the smell of napalm!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

seriously.

let it go folks. Please, for you sake and mine.

Its ok if you dont like WoW, I get it. You just...dont like it. You find it boring maybe, or perhaps you dont have the time to play, or maybe you find a monthly fee objectionable, or you think it is dumbind down the genre. Everyone has their reasons.

But just move on. I am so sick of this god damn crap. I hate Starcraft, but you dont hear me hating on Koreans and that game.

And the real irony is that after this, I am going to go play two hours of WoW, then go work in the yard, while you folks that hate WoW are going to go play four hours of Crysis, or Counterstrike, or The Witcher, or Sins of a Solar Empire.

There is an old saying from a favorite book of mine (Frank Herbert's Dune) and it goes something like this; "The popular man arouses the jealousy and hate of those beneath him". This is exactly what is happening with WoW. Just take heart in the fact that nothing lasts forever, and that in five years WoW wont be number one anymore, AND STFU AND GO PLAY SOME GAMES!

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

One thing i hate is people who play wow for months or years then say its a load of s**t. Why the hell did it keep you playing for so long then?

WoW is what you want it to be. I played up to BC, then left, then went back, now left again. I have only done one raid in all that time yet have 1xlv70 and 3xlv65's and loads of 30-50's.

Sure i'm bored now but i still can say its great. I loved the social side, made some great friends but never took it serious. Spent most of my time in BG's and Arena just having a laugh.

Frozzik

Exactly.

Worse than systems wars sometimes, lots of double standards and ignorant nonsense... heck you can actually learn more about games in System Wars, this board is a waste of time typing in, as is playing games, as is watching TV, as is working, as is ect ect.

Lets just Reproduce and Die so we can be cool people "with lives" :roll: double standards on what videos games "make you have a life" is laughable. :lol:

BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts
world of whiners, world of wimps, not much war in that game
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
I also played WoW for 2 years before BC came out, and I really really was dissapointed when BC came out and all the raiding I had done in BWL, MC, AQ40, and Nax had all been for a waste. WoW was the worst way I have ever wasted money, and I would never go back to it.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
People that say WoW is a grind never played a real MMO... like the original EverQuest. I played that for almost 5 years. Now THAT was a grind.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Frozzik

Seriously , i really find it funny ! people say wow sucks and then they say i know it because i palyed for two years straight.

If people want to blame anything they should blame themselves for having no self control and keeping on playing wow for so long.

Anofalye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 Anofalye
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

The amount of haters for WoW will only grows.

It is nothing compared to what is to come.

See, a hater must first love, then he can hate.

I still love SSI games. I still love BG. I still love most games. But most MMOs that I play, I HATE them. And well, they pretty much arrange themselves to be on that receiving end.

See, you built a game about solo & grouping, and you end it in raiding/PvP? What are you expecting? Of course peoples will hate you, a LOT. Because they really love solo and grouping, and then you force them to raid/PvP. See, if your GF likes when you caress her and then finish by raping her, she will hates you, and you will deserve jails and everything. This analogy is extremist, but it represent the same thing, to a lesser degree. You offer caress and end it with something else. You offer solo/grouping and end it with something else.

WoW hatred is on an exponential course, 10 millions potential haters. That is a LOT of peoples to screw with. Arguably mostly little guys which there are no consequences to screw with, but still... a LOT of little guys. MMOs does so because they feel like they don't deserve the monthly fees, and they do everything they can to extend it...you should know when to let's it go and when to refocus on what peoples like. On these 10 millions guys, the odds of getting 1 psychopath is...alarming, I wouldn't sleep lightly if I was a Blizzard dev. But eh, I am the devil for speaking my mind openly, am I not?

If you want to make a raiding game, does so at the start, not after 60-80 levels of soloing/grouping, it will only harvest a LOT of hatred, as you force it on unwilling players.

togusss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 togusss
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

i love the game :D...

Scotti912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scotti912
Member since 2004 • 69 Posts
Yeah, it has almost as many haters as halo.
Valkyrie_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 Valkyrie_44
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

What shocks me worse than anything is how much energy the haters expend / waste just to spew out their opinion of the title. If you don't like the title, just don't play it, and leave it at that.

If you had once played WoW, and now have this deep seeded hatred over the game, take it as a lesson learned, and see a psychologist if it bothers you that much.

I played WoW, I thought it was ok, it just wasn't my cup of tea. After 6 months of play, I pretty much got bored of it, and carried on to something more interesting to me.

Life is too short, and there are a lot of games to be played.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Hey guys! Let's go grind for 1,000 hours until we hit 70! And then let's grind the arena while sounding like complete nerds in ventrilo! We aren't wasting our lives or anything.
togusss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 togusss
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
is that ironic???
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
Hey guys! Let's go grind for 1,000 hours until we hit 70! And then let's grind the arena while sounding like complete nerds in ventrilo! We aren't wasting our lives or anything.GodLovesDead
I'll let you off because you are a DT fan.
eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts
[QUOTE="Vis-a-Vis"]

[QUOTE="SmokingBomber"]Totally agreed. World of Warcraft is a piece of junk when compared to... ANYTHING. Stupid Warcraft. Waste your life for 1's and 0's. In 5 years it won't matter and you will be 5 years behind in life.Expo_Smacko

i keked myself

watchgrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 watchgrief
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

The game was fun don't get me wrong, but the end content was just walking around seeing how much gear you could show off! If they had paid more attention to end content and having it actually matter, it could be a strong game!

Watch Pure Grief Videos - http://www.watchgrief.com