World of Warcraft question!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxchadxxchad
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

Hi, I have played world of warcraft on and off for 3 years (or so) and I reeeally like the game. But i just have one problem. I can only get to a level 20 and then i get really bored and see other people in stormwind and I like their characters so I go and make a new one! I can't stop myself and I have trouble reaching high levels because of it. Any tips to keep me interested/ leveling tips or something? Anything is appreciated. Thank you a lot! (oh and I only have the burning crusade expansion)

Captain_Auburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Captain_Auburn
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts
you've only gotten to level 20? listen, no one likes leveling, you gotta just man up and get it over with. yes, that means you will be bored, but the end game content i hear is fun, to some. im sure you'll like it.
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

Find a leveling guild to join. Once you've got some people to play with on a regular basis, the friendly competition, and working through instances is more than enough incentive to keep leveling.

And you rolled Alliance? Come on man, roll Horde. Thats where all the cool kids play.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Download Quest Helper or Carbonite. It will make questing a lot easier and more tolerable.
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

Find a leveling guild to join. Once you've got some people to play with on a regular basis, the friendly competition, and working through instances is more than enough incentive to keep leveling.

And you rolled Alliance? Come on man, roll Horde. Thats where all the cool kids play.

ProudLarry

I agree with this, a good guild makes all the difference and leveling does get boring sometimes but just stick with it and make sure u pick a class u enjoy.

Casters(Mage, Priest, Warlock) are a pain in the *** to level.If u want something easy to level pick a hunter(pet does most of the work) or rogue(Can sneak passed most enemys making quests faster).

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zomglolcats

[QUOTE="ProudLarry"]

MJPK

I agree with this, a good guild makes all the difference and leveling does get boring sometimes but just stick with it and make sure u pick a class u enjoy.

Casters(Mage, Priest, Warlock) are a pain in the *** to level.If u want something easy to level pick a hunter(pet does most of the work) or rogue(Can sneak passed most enemys making quests faster).

Druids are amazingly easy to level too. I have an 80 druid.
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MJPK

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

[QUOTE="ProudLarry"]

zomglolcats

Druids are amazingly easy to level too. I have an 80 druid.

Yeah forgot about them, Feral druids are a good choice aswell.

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

Warlocks aren't too bad to level though, since they have a pet as well. Their spells and abilities are just more complicated than a hunter's, or any other class for that matter. They're also a nice choice to level because they can contribute so much to a group as well.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zomglolcats
I'll throw Paladins in here as well for leveling.
neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

Hi, I have played world of warcraft on and off for 3 years (or so) and I reeeally like the game. But i just have one problem. I can only get to a level 20 and then i get really bored and see other people in stormwind and I like their characters so I go and make a new one! I can't stop myself and I have trouble reaching high levels because of it. Any tips to keep me interested/ leveling tips or something? Anything is appreciated. Thank you a lot! (oh and I only have the burning crusade expansion)

xxchadxxchad
I don't feel so bad now. I haven't played WoW for a while....played off and on over about a 3 year span like you did. BC was the only expansion when I stopped for good. I took a mage to level 22 I believe, but my main was a hunter and I took him to 44 (is that the level that hunters can start wearing chain armor?....either way, I got him to 44). I played a few other characters, but never got past level 10 with them. I played on the Alliance side....I swear every person I ran into or teamed up with was some pathetic little kid, none of them could work together and getting answers from them was worse than pulling teeth. I think that was my real reason for quiting WoW. Such is life. But like others have said, you just have to buckle down and push through. It does become more interesting if you can find a good group to play with and that is helpful with questions. Find a class that really sparks your interest and push on with it.
levis315315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 levis315315
Member since 2010 • 43 Posts
The best way is to do competitve games with your friend ,playing faster than others !I believe you can do it best in near future!
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
I have a friend like that. If you're anything like him, chances are, you're never going to get far into higher levels. Sorry to burst your bubble.
AKS01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AKS01
Member since 2010 • 73 Posts

[QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

neatfeatguy

I don't feel so bad now. I haven't played WoW for a while....played off and on over about a 3 year span like you did. BC was the only expansion when I stopped for good. I took a mage to level 22 I believe, but my main was a hunter and I took him to 44 (is that the level that hunters can start wearing chain armor?....either way, I got him to 44). I played a few other characters, but never got past level 10 with them. I played on the Alliance side....I swear every person I ran into or teamed up with was some pathetic little kid, none of them could work together and getting answers from them was worse than pulling teeth. I think that was my real reason for quiting WoW. Such is life. But like others have said, you just have to buckle down and push through. It does become more interesting if you can find a good group to play with and that is helpful with questions. Find a class that really sparks your interest and push on with it.

That was my issue with WoW as well. I got to around level 35 with my hunter, but never found a decent group to team up with. It was full of immature little kids who would leave in the middle of quests and instances.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zomglolcats

[QUOTE="neatfeatguy"][QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

AKS01

That was my issue with WoW as well. I got to around level 35 with my hunter, but never found a decent group to team up with. It was full of immature little kids who would leave in the middle of quests and instances.

The vast majority of quests don't require a group and you can skip those. Also, instances aren't required to level. And now they have the random LFG tool that puts you instances so thats not nearly as big of an issue as it used to be.

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MJPK

[QUOTE="neatfeatguy"][QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

AKS01

Sounds like u need to find a better server.