Witcher EE teaser...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
im definitly going to buy it.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

im definitly going to buy it.LTZH

Do you already have the base game? Because it's going to be a free download, like a patch of sorts, for anyone who already has the game (if you didn't already know).

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I am getting this!
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
Heard lots of good things about the game so yeah
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.Einhanderkiller

Hell to the no.

The game was good, no doubt about it, but it shouldn't have been released with such crap loading times (and stability), bad animations, such little npc skins, and some translation problems. The added quests is just a marketing skit to get more people interested in the games and boost some sales.

As I said, I liked the game, but your comment was just ridiculous (to put it lightly).

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

all the enhanced stuff will be free for download for those who bought the vanilla game.

marketing is indeed involved (game developing is a buisness after all), but I think CD Projekt is doing the right thing, not charging for additional contents.

augustlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 augustlight
Member since 2008 • 400 Posts
My only hope is that the acting this time around is MUCH, MUCH BETTER. That's all I'm hoping for.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts
I've been patiently waiting for the enhancements so I can play it. Luckily I got many other games to keep me busy. :)
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Interesting.
mushroom_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mushroom_kid
Member since 2004 • 156 Posts

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.Mochyc

Hell to the no.

The game was good, no doubt about it, but it shouldn't have been released with such crap loading times (and stability), bad animations, such little npc skins, and some translation problems. The added quests is just a marketing skit to get more people interested in the games and boost some sales.

As I said, I liked the game, but your comment was just ridiculous (to put it lightly).

We're lucky were getting it for free, many other game companies might have charged for it

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mochyc
[QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.mushroom_kid

Hell to the no.

We're lucky were getting it for free, many other game companies might have charged for it

No, no self respecting company would ever charge for that sort of thing.

Good companies usually always release patches that fix bugs, the only reason they're releasing this EE version is to boost sales, and possibly keep the price up at 50-60 dollars.

snow_kissed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 snow_kissed
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Anyone know if the enhanced edition for North America will be uncensored?
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
This comes at just the right time, I have been wanting to play an rpg and I see this. Can't wait to get it.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17885 Posts
[QUOTE="mushroom_kid"][QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.Mochyc

Hell to the no.

Good companies usually always release patches that fix bugs, the only reason they're releasing this EE version is to boost sales, and possibly keep the price up at 50-60 dollars.

in fairness most devs wouldnt bother redoing it to the extent that CD projekt are either. theyd look at what went wrong and fix em for the sequal. in the meantime theyd just throw a few bug fixes out for the witcher.

but these guys are actually going back and giving the game a severe overhaul. from bug fixes to graphical enhancements and new VO work. yes its just a patch but its one hell of a patch. the devs should be commended for such action. i wish more would put in that kind of effort.

in saying that, i do agree that rebuying the game to show support is a bit silly imho. i certainly wont be rebuying it. but the devs dedication to fixing it would certainyl encourage me to keep an eye on their future projects (which i certainly will seince the witcher, pre EE, is still ace imho). i might get the proposed upgrade pack if they release it (15 quid for a load of little extras and pointless crap + the patch on a CD. i miss the days of pointless crap in PC games boxes :D). but i certainly wont be rebuying the full game.

however i would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a good RPG on the PC.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Anyone know if the enhanced edition for North America will be uncensored?snow_kissed

perv! ;)

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#17 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

I was originally going to hold off playing this game until the EE came out. I bought The Witcher when it was released and I couldn't get it to play on my computers until the latest patch. Eventually I gave in though and I'm on the 3rd chapter now.

I think it's great they are releasing this and it's a company I'd support in the future.

OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

Anyone know if the enhanced edition for North America will be uncensored?snow_kissed

There is a mod to replace the censored cards for uncensored and another mod that adds the grittier language that the US censors cut from the game...and there is one that re-adds in game nudity ( they might all be one big mod by now)

As for the EE US version don't count on it being uncensored....nothing has changed here....we are all still hypocrites don't you know.?!

LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
yes I already own the original version, but I dont mind sepnding another 50$ on it.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mochyc
[QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="mushroom_kid"][QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.osan0

Hell to the no.

in fairness most devs wouldnt bother redoing it to the extent that CD projekt are either. theyd look at what went wrong and fix em for the sequal. in the meantime theyd just throw a few bug fixes out for the witcher.

but these guys are actually going back and giving the game a severe overhaul. from bug fixes to graphical enhancements and new VO work. yes its just a patch but its one hell of a patch. the devs should be commended for such action. i wish more would put in that kind of effort.

in saying that, i do agree that rebuying the game to show support is a bit silly imho. i certainly wont be rebuying it. but the devs dedication to fixing it would certainyl encourage me to keep an eye on their future projects (which i certainly will seince the witcher, pre EE, is still ace imho). i might get the proposed upgrade pack if they release it (15 quid for a load of little extras and pointless crap + the patch on a CD. i miss the days of pointless crap in PC games boxes :D). but i certainly wont be rebuying the full game.

however i would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a good RPG on the PC.

I completely agree that what they're doing is great (going through so much work), it really shows their dedication to gamers.

However, (this isn't towards you) I still find rebuying the game silly, and I find it highly unlikely that certain companies would sell bug/animation/VA fixes.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

Hell to the no.

Personally, I didn't really find much wrong with the game, aside from loading times, but they fixed those in a patch.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

[QUOTE="LTZH"]im definitly going to buy it.JP_Russell

Do you already have the base game? Because it's going to be a free download, like a patch of sorts, for anyone who already has the game (if you didn't already know).

While thats True, its also a punch in the face at the sametime.

About HALF of the copies of The Witcher that sold accidently shipped without CD Keys, and the only way you can DL the Enhanced Edition is to have registered your copy with the CD Key.

I have to rebuy the whole game along with many others. However I would also like to add, I don't mind buying it again, The game is that good and CDProjekt needs the support so they can continue to create more Witcher Games.

So While im mad I never had a CD Key, I like CD Projekt so much Im willing to throw them a bone on an Atari Publishing Mistake.

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mochyc
[QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.Einhanderkiller

Hell to the no.

Personally, I didn't really find much wrong with the game, aside from loading times, but they fixed those in a patch.

The game was good, but you can't ignore the problems I mentioned. Even with the patch, the loading times were still bad, I had to twiddle with the console before every game if I didn't want the game to crash every hour or so, and I had some screen tearing during conversations.

And if there isn't anything wrong, what's the point of making/buying the EE?

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Even with the patch, the loading times were still bad, I had to twiddle with the console before every game if I didn't want the game to crash every hour or so, and I had some screen tearing during conversations.

Mochyc

aside from loading time, I have no problem running this game. AND, the loading time, I don't believe it can be fixed. That's the "problem" of Aurora Engine. the save file under this engine is abnormally big, the more save games in the save folder, the longer the loading time. Only keep 4-5 save games (the most current), the game will load pretty fast.

CD Projek improved the graphic quality and camera control of Aurora, but I think the save mechanism needs some radical coding change to fix.

as for why making the EE, I like your reasoning in earlier posts: to boost sale and keep the retail price high.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="osan0"][QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="mushroom_kid"][QUOTE="Mochyc"]

Hell to the no.

I completely agree that what they're doing is great (going through so much work), it really shows their dedication to gamers.

However, (this isn't towards you) I still find rebuying the game silly, and I find it highly unlikely that certain companies would sell bug/animation/VA fixes.

Why do you keep bringing up the word rebuying? It's not their fault you sold your copy of the Witcher. Those that own a copy get a FREE patch and those that haven't purchased the game will get the best of the batch. I dont see your point at all. Even the original version was considered to be a great game despite the flaws. I own it, played, and I loved it and I'm looking to replay it again when the EE patch comes out. Really dude, you have no argument. Who said anything about rebuying? This is for people who still have the game or are looking to buy it for the first time. Wow dude, you make no sense. Get lost. Just another spoiled brat. If you dont like it, dont buy it and go make your own game if you hink you can do better.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mochyc
[QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="osan0"][QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="mushroom_kid"][QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Even if you already own the regular The Witcher, I think it'd be worth it to buy the Enhanced Edition to show your support for the company. I really like what they're doing with their support for their game and the community.Elann2008

Hell to the no.

Why do you keep bringing up the word rebuying? It's not their fault you sold your copy of the Witcher. Those that own a copy get a FREE patch and those that haven't purchased the game will get the best of the batch. I dont see your point at all. Even the original version was considered to be a great game despite the flaws. I own it, played, and I loved it and I'm looking to replay it again when the EE patch comes out. Really dude, you have no argument. Who said anything about rebuying? This is for people who still have the game or are looking to buy it for the first time. Wow dude, you make no sense. Get lost. Just another spoiled brat. If you dont like it, dont buy it and go make your own game if you hink you can do better.

I'm sorry, there must be a misunderstanding. Look at the first quote, Eindhandkiller said that it would be worth a buy for people who already own it to support the company. It all started with me strongly disagreeing with his opinion.

To be honest, I liked the game and still own the game, I'm planning on finishing it when the patch is released. All the 'rebuying comments' were directed to Eindhandkiller.