urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

been playing witcher 3 version 1.08 with all recent patches and dlc on windows 10 with amd rig, got to say i think this is the new graphics king, there are other worthy contenders alien isolation, da i, crysis 3, tomb raider, skyrim, metro, havent played shadow of mordor or ryse, but i cant see them being better. crysis had a good run, game still holds up 7 years later

the witcher 3 is definitely a technical and artistic masterpiece, one can only imagine what cd projekt could have achived if they had capacity to develop for pc only, and nvidia wasn't proprietary with gameworks..

looking forward to cyberpunk 2077 on dx 12.

Airforcedude11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Airforcedude11
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

When you're done fapping over visuals, we will discuss how garbage the game is

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@airforcedude11 said:

lol

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@airforcedude11 said:

Garbage?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

It's definitely a good looker. Even with the whole trailers looking better it's still great. The lighting, teh foliage and character models.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Looks pretty muddy, flat, blurry, and ugly often IMO. Very visually inconsistent. Arkham Knight looks much better, even lacking the rain shaders.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@airforcedude11: @KHAndAnime: Zomg . . . . . . .

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I wouldn't call it king

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Looks pretty muddy, flat, blurry, and ugly often IMO. Very visually inconsistent. Arkham Knight looks much better, even lacking the rain shaders.

Looks great to me.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

The game definitely looks phenomenal but like some others have said, it can be inconsistent at time. I guess that's to be expected in a large open world game though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45993 Posts

Definitely graphics king when it comes to its environments.

You can just get lost in this game starring at the beautiful vistas. The fact that this world is open and you can just act like a globetrotter in this world makes it even better.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#12 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

I agree. The game is and looks amazing. The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games. Anybody who thinks TW3 is garbage has some serious issues.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

It should look even better then it is it got downgraded like most other games I mean ALL games for PC.

dmb34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 dmb34
Member since 2004 • 1102 Posts

Ive been thinking about buying this game and hoping it's more appealing to me than skyrim has, I just cant get into it like I did oblivion. The world seems lifeless, though ive added a ton of mods it still isn't cutting it for me. The part I liked the most about oblivion was the side quests, I could live without all the gate closings...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KHAndAnime

@RyviusARC said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Looks great to me.

I made a nice lengthy post comparing screenshots from TW3 and Arkham Knight graphically to examine what I like and don't like about each game. But my post instantly vanished after posting (which seems to happen too often). I'll just keep it short.

What I see in that picture is Geralt standing on a muddy texture, with foliage sprinkled everywhere and unimpressively flat water behind him. Geralt himself looks like he's a collection of a few average looking textures pasted over his body. No impressive shaders, textures, or effects to be found anywhere. Just a decent art-style with some decent foliage sprinkled around and some nice colors. Nothing great IMO. Graphically, a solid 7 at best.

(Might have to view in new window to prevent stretching)

Now let's take a quick look at my Batman screenshot. Unlike TW3, there are a ton of eye-catching textures, shaders, and effects. Take a look at the ground for example - unlike TW3, the ground isn't completely flat looking at all times. There are even pot holes with water building up in them. TW3 is completely missing this level of detail from its graphics. The water? It's amazingly dynamic looking as it crashes into the docks. Unlike the water in TW3, it looks completely 3D (instead of being flat enough to play ice-hockey on). Ultimately AK, even in just random spots in the city, looks extremely polished and sexy even compared to the best of what The Witcher 3 has to offer.

Back to The Witcher 3....

Ew...okay I've said enough.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 urbangamez

@airforcedude11 said:

lol, i'm not the one who has gone blind dude, lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

Don't care about amazing graphics when the gameplay is built for consoles and barely works on a mouse and keyboard.

See: Crysis 2/3

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jr14
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

@BassMan: agreed I'm already on new game plus too :)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KHAndAnime

Also, I think you should play more recent games. Games like Alien Isolation, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Skyrim are nowhere in the running for graphics contenders. If these are games you consider to be some of the best looking to date, no wonder you think TW3 is the best looking game.

Try Star Citizen, KF2, Arkham Knight, GTA V, Dying Light, or even MGS V. These games are closer to being the best looking.

IMO both Ryse and Mordor look significantly better than The Witcher 3 in most instances (TW 3 can look better at times but it also often looks like a low-budget game in comparison). For many people it will be up to preference but my point is that TW3 is quite far away from being a clear cut graphics king.

dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dwispa
Member since 2014 • 199 Posts

Dying Light has amazing graphics and can compete with TW3 and Batman

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#21 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Technically it's currently the most impressive game out there. And no Arkham Knight looks impressive but at the end of the day it's UE3 game and not open world as well. Witcher 3 is more impressive overall.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Cloud_imperium said:

Technically it's currently the most impressive game out there. And no Arkham Knight looks impressive but at the end of the day it's UE3 game and not open world as well. Witcher 3 is more impressive overall.

Arkham Knight isn't open world? That's news to me.

And I'm not sure what UE3 has to do with it being less technical or not. The Unreal Engine is extremely versatile and is responsible for many great looking games. But I guess if they really want to compete, they need to take away all the great looking effects and replace them with flat textures, blurry assets, and bright colors...lol

Looks so amazing when you're out climbing rocks in TW3's open world. Not.

Really, a game being open world isn't necessarily a good thing when it's not all up-to-par.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Arkham Knight isn't open world? That's news to me.

And I'm not sure what UE3 has to do with it being less technical or not. The Unreal Engine is extremely versatile and is responsible for many great looking games. But I guess if they really want to compete, they need to take away all the great looking effects and replace them with flat textures, blurry assets, and bright colors...lol

Looks so amazing when you're out climbing rocks in TW3's open world. Not.

Really, a game being open world isn't necessarily a good thing when it's not all up-to-par.

What you are doing is cherry picking the worst you can find.

Sure the Witcher 3 doesn't have the highest res textures but overall it is one of the best looking games.

Also the water is supposed to be somewhat flat when it's a freaking river.

It's not like they are out in the middle of the ocean during a heavy storm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts
@airforcedude11 said:

your comment history shows you are pretty much just bashing all games and gamers here. gtfo.

propably some banned user's second rage-account.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 urbangamez

@KHAndAnime:

ai, da i and skyrim are 3 of the best graphics games to date, fact, not opinion. time not an issue in this case, its software, it wont degrade, so if great in 1520 still great in 2015, if anything should improve as games are patched and hardware becomes more efficient.

you criticize tw3 but list ak, ak, a game that on pc that was pulled from digital stores because it badly needed patching for graphics among others, you commented on some other things in previous post re ak, isnt tw3 a gameworks production, same as ak and some other games you listed, go look at nvidia's geforce gameworks website. gta v was worked on to improve it for pc, sc is not complete, mgs v wasn't even being given away free by nvidia with select cards till ak debacle.

not saying the games listed are not of great graphics quality, they are among the best, just not the best atm, are there other games to released in the future that will be better, sure.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@zaku101 said:

havent seen watch dogs in a long time. That E3 mod really is incredible, glad someone made it

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Was Skyrim just mentioned as a GFX King contender?

LOL....

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@KHAndAnime:

Witcher 3 is still technically more impressive. Arkham Knight's map is nowhere near as big as Witcher 3 and a lot more goes on, in Witcher 3, on screen at once, like dynamic weather, day and night cycle, living breathing cities and so on.

Arkham Knight is nothing compared to that. Aesthetically it looks great and have pretty impressive textures and effects too but Witcher 3 is way more impressive overall. Few cherry picked screens won't change that. Hell, aesthetically I think even Witcher 2 is more pleasing to eyes than Witcher 3 but does it make it superior to the third one? Hell no.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

LOL....

With Mods sure.

Vanilla no way.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

graphics king is, and always will be, Halflife 2. The Source engine is nothing short of brilliant; runs on anything, beautiful textures, scaleable, upgradeable.

I know it is not the most advanced or what have you but, dammit, it is a workhouse and looks good too. And when modders get their hands on it? Wooooooooeeeeeee

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I thought we were past these "graphics king" discussions anyways? Let the people in SW endlessly insult each other over which game has the best graphics.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I so loved my PSX :(

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

LOL....

With Mods sure.

Vanilla no way.

Even with mods, I'd say the consistency suffers and has nothing on the likes of Crysis 3 (well, in terms of enjoyment it does, I guess).

Dark_Wr4ith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By Dark_Wr4ith
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:
@FelipeInside said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

LOL....

With Mods sure.

Vanilla no way.

Even with mods, I'd say the consistency suffers and has nothing on the likes of Crysis 3 (well, in terms of enjoyment it does, I guess).

Modded Skyrim can look very good. But I agree there are still games that look far better. (Not to mention it takes like 16 gigs of memory to properly run all the texture/skybox/water mods all at once)

Unmodded Skyrim Graphics
Unmodded Skyrim Graphics
Modded Skyrim Graphics
Modded Skyrim Graphics

:P

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

I have both games, and it's a terrible comparison. Witcher 3 has so much more animation and moving things in it's world than batman. The trees swaying, grass moving, much bigger world, way more higher detailed NPC's. Over all Witcher 3 is much more impressive. Skyrim doesn't count, you are gliding through a non interactive barely animated world.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KHAndAnime

@chriscoolguy said:

I have both games, and it's a terrible comparison. Witcher 3 has so much more animation and moving things in it's world than batman. The trees swaying, grass moving, much bigger world, way more higher detailed NPC's. Over all Witcher 3 is much more impressive. Skyrim doesn't count, you are gliding through a non interactive barely animated world.

Trees swaying = good graphics? Seems easy to impress you. Many games having swaying trees and foliage. It's not that visually impressive nor is it a technical achievement of any game.

The NPC's aren't that detailed, They're much less detailed than the average NPC in Batman or even Mordor.

Take this NPC for example. This blurry bloke really impresses you? C'mon, you people are looking at this game through some goggles. The NPC's in this game could fit right in with a last-gen game. What other current gen games have such blurry characters casually placed in the environment?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BassMan  Online

@Chatch09 said:

MGS V TPP has taken the crown in my opinion, but Witcher 3 does look better than when it launched (although that may be due to the performance issues I had)

You know there is a pill for that. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

MGS V TPP has taken the crown in my opinion, but Witcher 3 does look better than when it launched (although that may be due to the performance issues I had)

MGSV has nice lighting and pbr. Everything else in it is average to below average.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Been playing crap tons of ARK.

Game is in early access and already looks great.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BassMan  Online

@Chatch09 said:
@BassMan said:
@Chatch09 said:

You know there is a pill for that. ;)

It took a minute....but I see what you did there hahahaha!

Hehe, it is all in good fun my friend! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

@ferret-gamer said:

MGSV has nice lighting and pbr. Everything else in it is average to below average.

Below average? Ummmm....ok. Care to elaborate?

Models are pretty low poly for a current gen game, you can find tons of things with extremely blocky geometry. For example, look at the spare tire on a jeep, extremely blocky, and very noticeable considering one section of the game has you sitting in the back of the jeep for 10 minutes. Look at the shotgun shells on ocelot's chest, they are pentagons. A lot of cliffs you stand on look really bad and have poor textures on top of it. I can list a bunch more examples if you'd like. MGSV doesn't try to compensate for it using tessellation either.

Textures are average for an open world game, not much to say about them. Some look ok, others look bad.

Shadows are super sharp, and very jagged. Not very impressive considering most modern games have decent softshadowing and some even have contract hardening shadows.

The stock SSAO option in MGSV is just horrible. It reminded me of the crappy SSAO you got in DX9 unreal 3 games from 3-4 years ago. I ended up forcing HBAO+ from Nvidia's CP because I couldn't stand MGSV's default SSAO. Nvidia has a nice comparison that shows how back their stock SSAO looks compared to HBAO+

The world in MGSV is very sparse for an open world game. There is barely anything in it compared to other recent open world games. For example, compare the amount of detail in MGSV's environments to the extremely lush forests in Witcher 3.

Dark_Wr4ith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dark_Wr4ith
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

@Chatch09 said:
@Dark_Wr4ith said:

Modded Skyrim can look very good. But I agree there are still games that look far better. (Not to mention it takes like 16 gigs of memory to properly run all the texture/skybox/water mods all at once)

Unmodded Skyrim Graphics
Unmodded Skyrim Graphics
Modded Skyrim Graphics
Modded Skyrim Graphics

:P

Thats the most ridiculously absurd and unfair comparison I've ever seen.....

Hyperbole, look it up.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49 couly
Member since 2004 • 6276 Posts

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#50 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

I don't really understand the praise for this game's visuals. It looks pretty drab when you are out in the open world. Some nice lighting effects to be sure but overall I don't find it to be very visually impressive.

Mad Max on the other hand has some of the most stunning environments I've seen.

I realize the game environment is pretty much a desert, but they manage to do some pretty interesting stuff with the visuals. Going between this and MGS V is like night and day.