• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#51 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]"Suitable for pervert teenagers"...? Don't you think it would be a good idea to play the game before writing it off as sensationalist garbage? After all, the first one didn't go that route. Also, watch how you phrase your arguments, please. You're bordering on trolling Witcher fans here by assuming we're all perverts. Only some of us are. :P

*raises his hand* Pervert here! Joking aside, I think topsemag hit the nail on the head. Not backing away from mature themes in the storyline or setting is what made The Witcher great. It wasn't the sex or nudity that made The Witcher great. Having said that, shying away from sex and/or nudity is often a SYMPTOM of the disease of shying away from mature themes and content in games rather than the disease itself. Since, for whatever reason, sex and nudity are looked at far more closely than other types of content that could be considered controversial in games, a developer deciding to tone things down in this area is typically a "canary in the coal mine" indicator that they're going to be toning things down across the board. And that is something that would kill The Witcher. When you get right down to it, the setting of The Witcher is dark. It is cruel. It's a place where rape happens. Where slavery and the theft of little children happens. It's a setting where murder, racism and bigotry and the other evils that exist in THE REAL WORLD happen. Acknowledging the existence of these things and not shying away or compromising on them when adding them into games is part of what makes The Witcher so unique at the moment. It is a game, and a setting, that isn't going halfway measures when portraying the darker aspects of humanity. Mature content isn't exploding bodies with guts flying everywhere like in Dragon Age 2. It isn't "Hot Coffee" style minigames like in GTA: San Andreas. And it most certainly isn't overloading on violent content and skimping on pixelated boobies like some other games try and do. It's making a setting that feels real with no compromises due to trying to get a "T for Teen" rating or to avoid controversy. If all The Witcher had going for it was well-rendered Nymph Nipples and the ability to have sex with any female in the game almost at will then I wouldn't love the game like I do. But having these things is often a good leading indicator that they're going to have the rest of the items I mentioned as well. And again, that is virtually UNIQUE these days in gaming.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#52 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]How is nudity bad when games are full of gratuitous violence?the_ChEeSe_mAn2
But gratuitous sex is worse, remember? :P

Make love, not war!
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]How is nudity bad when games are full of gratuitous violence?the_ChEeSe_mAn2
But gratuitous sex is worse, remember? :P

Think of the children!
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

The poster's real question: Is this game fappable?

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
The witcher unlike what majority of people say, is exactly aimed at 16-17 years old teenagers. just go to witcher's page here in Gamespot and see what user submitted pictures are viewed the most or write " The Witcher " in google images search bar and see what results it shows... You don't make a game " mature " by putting swearing an nudity in it. You just make it suitable for pervert teenagers so they can fantasize about digital pixels better. ( Bioware games lately are exactly following the same trend, people only remember the romance scenes in them ) I really feel sorry for the people behind the Witcher. They have chosen a pathetic ( but unfortunately effective ) way to make their game popular. but at least I can hope there are people like me who don't buy these kinds of BS. I won't take The withcer 2 even as a gift. I don't make my PC dirty by installing this kind of pig crap in it.Sign-Number-Two
:cry: Poor fella! No honesty with themselves detected, your life must suck, sounds boring.

Completely natural and okay part of life, if you're so righteous, why aren't you fighting against the violence, murder, dismemberment found in games? Sex is pretty normal for humans, and all life that reproduces sexually, I don't see how it's so evil, and dirty. We evolved the desire and ability for the purpose of genetic diversity, Geralt is merely aiding in the success of the human species.

Also, the game's rated " 'M 17+' for Mature", same as 'R 17+' movies, humans are allowed to be perverts at any age, it's natural to have such "dirty" desires.

I'm not getting the game for these scenes, I only care that the game looks fun, nice looking combat (best in this style of rpg from what I've ever seen) graphics are beautiful, and there's a promise of a good, dynamic story, I wouldn't just buy a game for some silly sex scenes (who would?), I could use the internet for that, and get that for free, much more graphic too.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 skrat_01

NAPK1NS
You should consult scans of the most recent issue of Polish Playboy.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 skrat_01
I don't make my PC dirty by installing this kind of pig crap in it.Sign-Number-Two
The witcher unlike what majority of people say, is exactly aimed at 16-17 years old teenagersSign-Number-Two
For someone who thinks they're above the games 'maturity' your argument is hilariously ironic. Lucky you're using a second sign in to hide your shame
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I don't get why New Zealand gets stuck with the censored version, we have the 18 rating here so I don't see why we have to miss out. If it's only one little thing they take out then it's not really a big deal, but it also makes you wonder if it's even worth having a censored version if they make barely any changes.October_Tide

Yeah I haven't been able to find a reason why we get the Australian version, from retail stores anyway. Like someone mentioned before you can get the uncut release from GOG. I'm not sure if this is the same with steam (I think L4D2 for australian users was heavily edited so the steam release for nz/aus will probably be the edited version). The same thing happened back with gtaiv, for some reason New Zealand didn't bother to rate the game so we just got it from Australia, however there was quite a large uproar which resulted in the classifications review board rating GTAIV and then stores were able to sell the unedited version.

Seeing as how I'm already over my internet cap for the month, if I want to buy the Witcher 2 when it comes out, I have to pay full retail and get an edited version which is rather annoying. But I can wait 2 more weeks and get it for cheap on GOG and unedited as well.

and also,

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]

skrat_01

You should consult scans of the most recent issue of Polish Playboy.

:lol:hahahaha omg, I lol'd

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
I'm just hoping for the return of the sex cards xD
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
I'm just hoping for the return of the sex cards xDGreyfeld
Ye shall be dissapointed.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="Greyfeld"]I'm just hoping for the return of the sex cards xDferret-gamer
Ye shall be dissapointed.

Booooo :(

The cards were really artistic. Yes, yes, they were naked. But they were really well-drawn. Even the most disturbing and twisted women looked oddly erotic on the cards.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

I'm just hoping for the return of the sex cards xDGreyfeld

I want real life sex cards. Then all the guys could compare their "partners" lol

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
lets hope you get banned for this necro post
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
lets hope you get banned for this necro postbonafidetk
One can wish.
rben21232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rben21232
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]lets hope you get banned for this necro postkris9031998
One can wish.

^^this

also, i think he should get his caps lock key fixed.

true_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 true_gamer007
Member since 2011 • 433 Posts

We all know Witcher series has a mature theme made for mature audiences. CD Projekt Red introduced nudity in the game because it compliments perfectly to it's mature theme. And when a game gets a tag of 18+, they're free to present the game in whichever way they like. It's upto the gamer to decide wether to play it or not. If anyone's got trouble with silky bare flesh, just don't play the game. That's it.