Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition pre-download available

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

The pre-download for the "Enhanced Edition" patch is available now.

http://en.thewitcher.com/enhancededition/

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Doesn't work for steam though.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
It's 9 gigs in size? This is gonna take a while for me.
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts
What does the patch do I was unaware of this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
What does the patch do I was unaware of this?Silicel1
How did you not know about the Enhanced Edition? They are adding hours of new content, cinematics, tons of bug and balance fixes, graphic updates, and other stuff. It is all free as well.
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Silicel1

[QUOTE="Silicel1"]What does the patch do I was unaware of this?ferret-gamer
How did you not know about the Enhanced Edition? They are adding hours of new content, cinematics, tons of bug and balance fixes, graphic updates, and other stuff. It is all free as well.

I knew about it coming to console but did not know that they were going to add anything else. This is going to be interesting to download with steam.

So this is a pre download so you wont be able to do quests or anything, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="Silicel1"]What does the patch do I was unaware of this?Silicel1

I knew about it coming to console but did not know that they were going to add anything else.

New missions are being added along with nerfs to spells and general gameplay tweaks

The patch is fvcking huge though. :?

Wasn't expecting a full game sized patch

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

[QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] How did you not know about the Enhanced Edition? They are adding hours of new content, cinematics, tons of bug and balance fixes, graphic updates, and other stuff. It is all free as well.seanmcloughlin

I knew about it coming to console but did not know that they were going to add anything else.

New missions are being added along with nerfs to spells and general gameplay tweaks

The new voice overs, cutscenes and cgi stuff is responsible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Silicel1"] I knew about it coming to console but did not know that they were going to add anything else.omenodebander

Ah yeah I forgot about the CGI stuff. The new CG intro trailer and all that Jazz. Kind of annoying though to download so much

Also my last save from about 2 months ago is on act 3 so now I will have to restart to see all the changes

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

[QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] How did you not know about the Enhanced Edition? They are adding hours of new content, cinematics, tons of bug and balance fixes, graphic updates, and other stuff. It is all free as well.seanmcloughlin

Nerfs? NOOOOOO I LOVE MY QUEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Silicel1"] I knew about it coming to console but did not know that they were going to add anything else.kris9031998

Yep it's apparently getting a huge nerf.

Game will be so much harder now :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="kris9031998"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Yep it's apparently getting a huge nerf.

Game will be so much harder now :P

I had a dark mode difficulty run going where i never used my quen. It was hard at first, but it actually got more entertaining because it forced me to be more cautious and smart when fighting.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="omenodebander"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Ah yeah I forgot about the CGI stuff. The new CG intro trailer and all that Jazz. Kind of annoying though to download so much

Also my last save from about 2 months ago is on act 3 so now I will have to restart to see all the changes

New intro CGI should be optional during install process. :P
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
If the patch is that big, I don't know when I'll click the Launcher. Got my game on GoG, so the patch will be automatic. Funny how download speeds are relative. Used to think 56K was slow, now we get impatient even at 1.5 Mbps.:P
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silicel1
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]If the patch is that big, I don't know when I'll click the Launcher. Got my game on GoG, so the patch will be automatic. Funny how download speeds are relative. Used to think 56K was slow, now we get impatient even at 1.5 Mbps.:P

Well if its not done before I am finished with my coffee and morning paper then its slow. :P
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 topsemag55
Well if its not done before I am finished with my coffee and morning paper then its slow. :PSilicel1
QFT.:lol:
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]If the patch is that big, I don't know when I'll click the Launcher. Got my game on GoG, so the patch will be automatic. Funny how download speeds are relative. Used to think 56K was slow, now we get impatient even at 1.5 Mbps.:P

Well if its not done before I am finished with my coffee and morning paper then its slow. :P

Haha so true... I want 10/Mbps! Damn it! :P As for the patch, I can't resist.. I must try it out... new quests/missions? Anything to take me back to The Witcher 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]If the patch is that big, I don't know when I'll click the Launcher. Got my game on GoG, so the patch will be automatic. Funny how download speeds are relative. Used to think 56K was slow, now we get impatient even at 1.5 Mbps.:P

Haha so true... I want 10/Mbps! Damn it! :P As for the patch, I can't resist.. I must try it out... new quests/missions? Anything to take me back to The Witcher 2.

This is just a preload, the patch is actually releases on the 17th. And yes they added about 4 hours of new content to the end of chapter 3 and a some new missions, characters, and cinematics.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Is there a full list of whats being added in this 10gb patch?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Did they add a new ending :(
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Did they add a new ending :(FelipeInside
technically there are many endings. What are you referring to specifically?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elann2008
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Silicel1"] Well if its not done before I am finished with my coffee and morning paper then its slow. :P

This is just a preload, the patch is actually releases on the 17th. And yes they added about 4 hours of new content to the end of chapter 3 and a some new missions, characters, and cinematics.

Amazing! thanks
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Did they add a new ending :(bonafidetk

Guess the most boring one: SPOILER. He kills the last guy, and then just walks off with Trish. One of the worst game endings I've ever experienced (game was good though)
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silicel1
[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Did they add a new ending :(FelipeInside

Guess the most boring one: SPOILER. He kills the last guy, and then just walks off with Trish. One of the worst game endings I've ever experienced (game was good though)

I liked the ending because its not definitive , so there is still a large room for a sequel.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bonafidetk"] technically there are many endings. What are you referring to specifically?

I liked the ending because its not definitive , so there is still a large room for a sequel.

I don't mind endings with cliffhangers or non-definite.... they leave room for imagination or sequels....but this ending was just plain bland and bad. Give the gamer at least SOMETHING.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 topsemag55
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] SPOILER.

C'mon, Felipe.:P The keys for spoilers are right next to the "P" key. Just click the quote button on this post and you'll see them. And the "/" closes the tag. Like this: [spoiler] It works.:o [/spoiler]
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] SPOILER.

C'mon, Felipe.:P The keys for spoilers are right next to the "P" key. Just click the quote button on this post and you'll see them. And the "/" closes the tag. Like this: [spoiler] It works.:o [/spoiler]

I've tried and tried again and can't get it to work properly, I fail Epically....
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] SPOILER.

I've tried and tried again and can't get it to work properly, I fail Epically....

[spoiler] YIPPPPEEEEEEEEE !!! But I'll forget how to use it tomorrow.... I can guarantee that :) [/spoiler]
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silicel1
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] SPOILER.

use this [spoiler] INSERT SPOILER HERE [/spoiler]
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elann2008
[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Did they add a new ending :(FelipeInside

Not much of a spoiler :lol: I was expecting something big because I didn't get THAT ending. I don't feel too bad after reading this. :P
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 topsemag55
[spoiler] YIPPPPEEEEEEEEE !!! But I'll forget how to use it tomorrow.... I can guarantee that :) [/spoiler] FelipeInside
Congrats.:) I have to type it myself, plus cut & paste HTML codes to post a link or a pic. I think the darn coding on the new homepage has killed my post editor. Even what you see in my sig is entered with HTML codes. A pain, but at least I can still link.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="topsemag55"] C'mon, Felipe.:P The keys for spoilers are right next to the "P" key. Just click the quote button on this post and you'll see them. And the "/" closes the tag. Like this: [spoiler] It works.:o [/spoiler]

[spoiler] YIPPPPEEEEEEEEE !!! But I'll forget how to use it tomorrow.... I can guarantee that :) [/spoiler]

Comes with age. :D
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I've tried and tried again and can't get it to work properly, I fail Epically....

[spoiler] You are correct about that. OK OK, now I'm just abusing the spoiler tag.... [/spoiler]
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Elann2008
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] [spoiler] YIPPPPEEEEEEEEE !!! But I'll forget how to use it tomorrow.... I can guarantee that :) [/spoiler]

[spoiler] You are correct about that. OK OK, now I'm just abusing the spoiler tag.... [/spoiler]

It's fun isn't it? :lol:
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 topsemag55
It's fun isn't it? :lol:Elann2008
Spoilers are.:lol: But not HTML. It's giving me a headache right now. Posted the correct HTML to insert a link within a pic for the Ranger Ravine board (public, btw) to place in my sig. The server took it for a while, then deleted it. Placed a different one for a text link, same thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Guess the most boring one: SPOILER. He kills the last guy, and then just walks off with Trish. One of the worst game endings I've ever experienced (game was good though)

I don't mind endings with cliffhangers or non-definite.... they leave room for imagination or sequels....but this ending was just plain bland and bad. Give the gamer at least SOMETHING.

They will be expanding the ending.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Silicel1"] I liked the ending because its not definitive , so there is still a large room for a sequel.

BioWare Style !!!
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 topsemag55
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] [QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I don't mind endings with cliffhangers or non-definite.... they leave room for imagination or sequels....but this ending was just plain bland and bad. Give the gamer at least SOMETHING.

BioWare Style !!!

Not ME3, I hope.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] [QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] They will be expanding the ending.

BioWare Style !!!

Not ME3, I hope.

I don't know how bad the ME3 ending is yet (I'm nearly at the end myself, should maybe finish it tonight), but it's gonna have to try hard to beat the ending I got with W2...
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 topsemag55
I don't know how bad the ME3 ending is yet (I'm nearly at the end myself, should maybe finish it tonight), but it's gonna have to try hard to beat the ending I got with W2...FelipeInside
It's divided, but most gamers enjoyed the game until the last 5 minutes. What really stinks is one person wrote the ending, and no one else on the dev team got to make any input on it.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I wonder when the whole 'register your key for a GOG version' will go live. I really can't be bothered patching my retail copy, I'd rather just download an entirely new build straight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]I wonder when the whole 'register your key for a GOG version' will go live. I really can't be bothered patching my retail copy, I'd rather just download an entirely new build straight.

17th
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
17thferret-gamer
Sweet, cheers thanks.
ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts

I'm getting 280kb/s download speeds , at this rate it will take like 10 hours to download , any of you getting faster download speeds ?

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Silicel1

I'm getting 280kb/s download speeds , at this rate it will take like 10 hours to download , any of you getting faster download speeds ?

ultrapc
3.5Mb/sec :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59b71619573a1
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] BioWare Style !!!

Not ME3, I hope.

I don't know how bad the ME3 ending is yet (I'm nearly at the end myself, should maybe finish it tonight), but it's gonna have to try hard to beat the ending I got with W2...

I was the same and finished it 2 nights ago. Ending is horrible because of so many holes in it. And so many mistakes I didnt even start the game again cos of how bad the end is
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
So with this pre-patch can I start downloading then continue it another day? I ask as I would not be able to do 9.9 gigs required in one sitting as I have my PC off at night and when I am work etc so basically do it in stages in an evening.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59b71619573a1

So with this pre-patch can I start downloading then continue it another day? I ask as I would not be able to do 9.9 gigs required in one sitting as I have my PC off at night and when I am work etc so basically do it in stages in an evening.Garfield360UK

I tried it and it started all over again when I went back to it. Granted I only had like 10 MB downloaded to test but still.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#49 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
I got the steam version, so I dont think it will work for me

Forum Posts