Witcher 1 help please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MegaMatt91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MegaMatt91
Member since 2011 • 462 Posts

Hey guys, I bought a copy of the witcher 1 enhanced edition from ebay "New and Sealed". I opened it today to play it since I have been busy with other games since I got it. I went to activate it, but the cd key I was given only has 4 tabs of letters and numbers, but the registration page requires 5.

I clicked play game and it played fine. My question is, is there any reason to register? Will the game stop and ask me for a code half way through? Does it do a arkham asylum and cutout features for non registered copies?

Its hard to find a answer on google with a older game, so sorry if this has been answered before. Thanks.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Wither has no DRM at all, so that's nothing to worry about. By registering you prove you own a legit copy, which gives you all future updates and stuff for free. It also gives you the ability to get a free back-up copy from GOG. So if you bought the original Witcher 1, before EE came out, a registered game owner got the entire EE content patch as a free download.
MegaMatt91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MegaMatt91
Member since 2011 • 462 Posts

Oh, that is a relief. So because I own this versiondo I already have the game up to date? So there is nothing I lose for them providing me with a wrong code?

This is the version I have. Not from this seller, but its the exact same. Do you guys know if this one would have the latest update on it?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Witcher-Enhanced-Edition-PC-100-Brand-New-/280921798928?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item41683e7910#ht_2385wt_1163

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChiliDragon
Easy way to check if you have the latest version is to install the game and change it to run in windowed mode, since it puts the version number in the title at the top of the window. Latest version in North America is 1.4.5.1280, though I've heard rumors the retail version had a higher number (no idea why).
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

Not at all to the first question.

The second, you could always go to CDP's website, but in the launcher there should be an option for downloading the latest patch, at least TW2, i'm fairly certain TW1 has it as well, but i never used it since i adquired the game at a much later date, so i could be wrong.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChiliDragon
Worst case scenario, the Witcher Forum has a guide on how to patch an unregistered version. Major hassle (I've done it), but it works. Linky
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Enjoy the enhanced version, OP. I played the regular version a few years ago and am playing the enhanced version now...I think it's a lot better than the original.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

My suggestion to you is to not play the game. Its combat is horrible and half the quests are boring.

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

My suggestion to you is to not play the game. Its combat is horrible and half the quests are boring.

cain006

He already paid for it buddy, he might as well give it a try.

Don't listen to him OP, give it a shot and stick with it, the combat seems boring at first but once you get used to level up a little more it gets pretty fun and the atmosphere it's just awesome. I'm telling you, it'll grow on you if you give it a chance.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

cfstar

He already paid for it buddy, he might as well give it a try.

Don't listen to him OP, give it a shot and stick with it, the combat seems boring at first but once you get used to level up a little more it gets pretty fun and the atmosphere it's just awesome. I'm telling you, it'll grow on you if you give it a chance.

Uh I beat the game, was horribly bored half the time. I would recommend the game to basically nobody.