Wireless gaming keyboard (recommendations)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

Anyone have any suggestions for a solid wireless keyboard that's good for gaming? I moved my PC into the den a while back and while I have a keyboard/trackpad combo that's good for couch surfing, an Xbox controller is good for only so many games.

So I got a keyboard/mouse stand as a stable surface.

That led to the discovery that my current wireless keyboard, while great for general typing, seems to get keys stuck on or off when you hold them down for extended periods (which is pretty much all the time on your average WASD key controlled game).

I don't need a huge collection of extra keys or special functions. Just a wireless keyboard that acts reliably when used in gaming.

Figured this group would be the experts.

Thanks in advance.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Logitech K350?

Avatar image for SamThePurpleton
SamThePurpleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SamThePurpleton
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

Out of interest does it need to be a wireless?

WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WG_McFartypants

@SamThePurpleton said:

Out of interest does it need to be a wireless?

Yes. Relocated my main machine to the den. Generally do my surfing and gaming from the couch. As I mentioned I got a stand I can put a kb/mouse on (assuming I can find a keyboard that doesn't eat up all of the space), but the computer itself is 8-12 feet away. Even if I could find cords long enough, I really don't want to turn my den into a room full of tripwires...

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

i use a logitech k360 for gaming all the time and it's never given my any trouble. even with games mortal kombat where you might be pressing 5 or 6 keys at once

WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WG_McFartypants

Well that's votes for the Logitech K350 and K360. Sounds like I really need to take a look at that line. Thanks, guys. Appreciate it.

Avatar image for SamThePurpleton
SamThePurpleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SamThePurpleton
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

Same as these guys, before I was running with a logitech wireless keyboard, don't know which one but pretty smooth solid service, tbh I really would recommend a wired keyboard though, but if you insist on wireless then a logitech is probably your best bet.

wkwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 wkwan
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

Logitech K800 - wireless backlit keyboard.

I was using the K800 and I loved it very much, until I spilled water all over it 2 years down the road and it started to malfunction. I have bought a second K800 so thats saying something there. However it is a bit pricey tho.

Rapoo KX - wireless backlit mechanical keyboard

Was interested in this when looking for a keyboard but its not available in my country

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Another vote for the K350. The only gripes I have with it are minor ones. There are no indicator lights on the KB for standard things like Caps and Num Lock, and the surface are of the invidividual keys is smaller than my previous Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard so it took getting used to. It's also not backlit, but TBH I've always been of the opinion that if you know how to type this shouldn't be a problem.

-Byshop