Wireless connection on my router is not working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Steve_LowBill (103 posts) -
May I have your help , please . I got my flat connected to the internet today via modem . I linked my previously used router to the new modem and I'm having internet access only through the ethernet cable , when I try to connect wirelessly I get no access . I reset the router , but didn't help . Is there a way I can get my wireless working ?
#2 Posted by Blistrax (1071 posts) -

That can get complicated. Get somebody in there who knows what he's doing. There are a million possible reasons, and you give us zero information to go on.

#3 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
your router is most likely on a different network. have you confirmed they are both on the same one? also you will need to disable dhcp on your router and let the new modem handle that.
#4 Posted by FelipeInside (28500 posts) -
[QUOTE="darksusperia"]your router is most likely on a different network. have you confirmed they are both on the same one? also you will need to disable dhcp on your router and let the new modem handle that.

If he is getting internet access then both devices should be on the same network already???? or else he wouldn't even get internet through Ethernet.
#5 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="darksusperia"]your router is most likely on a different network. have you confirmed they are both on the same one? also you will need to disable dhcp on your router and let the new modem handle that.

If he is getting internet access then both devices should be on the same network already???? or else he wouldn't even get internet through Ethernet.

I read it as internet via ethernet, hes plugging directly into the modem. router is connected to modem via cable, but his pc is connected to router via wifi. doesnt need to be on the same network and wouldnt work. which is how I read the OP.