WIndows Vista- Keyboard Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tj_odee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 tj_odee
Member since 2008 • 210 Posts

Hey, Guys

My keyboard sometimes goes a little wacky. What I mean is that the buttons get randomized. Like, when I press "A" it's a "2" or a "Y", like random characters on my keyboard. When this happens, I restart my computer because that's all I can think of to fix the problem. Do you guys know another way of fixing it, besides restarting?

Thanks

P.S I'll explain in more detail if needed*

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts
Check if its changing from standard keyboard to a different one.
Snotweasel530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Snotweasel530
Member since 2010 • 636 Posts

Sounds like you spilled something on it possibly? Have you tried other keyboards to try and isolate the issue?

RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
The chief culprits (in this order are): 1: A space-saving style keyboard like you find on laptops that has the NumLock key on. This turns most of the right-hand section of the keyboard into a number pad that results in some pretty goofy key mistakes if you don't know what to look for. If your keyboard is smaller than a standard 104-key layout (ie: no number pad), ensure NumLock is off. 2: Your keyboard layout got changed to one of a different country or a completely different layout like Dvorak. Ensure it's set as a US-layout QWERTY board. 3: The keyboard got damaged in some way. Hope it's not a laptop.