urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

lightweight, fast, reliable, stable, simple ui and it can only get better as ms keeps updating it.

the two issues i have are; the the windows store is not curated for pc games, the way steam or origin is and cortana keeps coming back even when you end the task in task manager.

what says the board is windows 10 the ultimate ms os?

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

if only linux could run games , windows will be an empty see .....

or if there was something else to challange microsoft at least , cause they just make stuff and make us use it ....

not complaning its a good OS , but could be way better , and i m bored from the typical way ....

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@Jawad2007 said:

if only linux could run games , windows will be an empty see .....

or if there was something else to challange microsoft at least , cause they just make stuff and make us use it ....

not complaning its a good OS , but could be way better , and i m bored from the typical way ....

Maybe one day you could download steam OS and have all the games available on steam be able to run on it

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Lightweight? WTF?

Its a ~6GB setup, and uses any amount of RAM you give it.

XP is the best OS.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@GTR12 said:

Lightweight? WTF?

XP is the best OS.

Ehhh not my Win10. It uses what it needs and the rest I have free.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I don't really have any major issues with Win 10. It does what I need it to. I don't use many features of the OS though. As long as my games and programs run good and it is easy for things like file management, quick access to settings, etc., I am happy.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Eh it's alright. Pretty egregious lack of transparency with the telemetry and such. It's definitely the safest of the Windows.

I use it for SolidWorks, Visual Studio and the games.

Hopefully in the future things like Cubes OS will get to the point that we can run applications for any OS seamlessly in a virtual machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

IOS is better.

XP from MS was good.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FelipeInside

@Random_Matt said:

IOS is better.

In doing less things? Yeah I agree.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12

@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

Lightweight? WTF?

XP is the best OS.

That's not my point,

Give XP 512MB RAM, it uses 128MB, give it 64GB, it still uses 128MB (I don't remember what it uses, they are made up numbers).

Give W10 1GB, it uses half, give it 64GB, it still uses half (its freeable RAM, I get that, but it always caches stuff)

XP never did that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

Lightweight? WTF?

XP is the best OS.

That's not my point,

Give XP 512MB RAM, it uses 128MB, give it 64GB, it still uses 128MB (I don't remember what it uses, they are made up numbers).

Give W10 1GB, it uses half, give it 64GB, it still uses half (its freeable RAM, I get that, but it always caches stuff)

XP never did that.

Doesn't seem like half to me

This is my computer right now:

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GTR12

@FelipeInside: That's in-use, what's the cached?

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Windows 7 is better. Windows 10 hasnt matured enough yet IMO

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Eh it's alright. Pretty egregious lack of transparency with the telemetry and such. It's definitely the safest of the Windows.

I use it for SolidWorks, Visual Studio and the games.

Hopefully in the future things like Cubes OS will get to the point that we can run applications for any OS seamlessly in a virtual machine.

I am glad you posted that, because this has to be most boring/honest slogan I have ever seen.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

@GTR12 said:

Lightweight? WTF?

XP is the best OS.

doesn't use 6gb on my pc. xp is second best.

@Random_Matt ios is on a lot of cell phones just like android doesn't mean its the best. they don't even have the best curated stores which is really what they have become app stores.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

we need RON to clear this up with a bunch of charts and comments that dont really say anything

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@LordQuorthon: hahah well yeah at least they're honest.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:

@FelipeInside: That's in-use, what's the cached?

Still not as bad as you make it out to be lol.

XP used less RAM but that was because it was a lighter OS of course with a lot less features.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GTR12

@urbangamez said:
@GTR12 said:

Lightweight? WTF?

XP is the best OS.

doesn't use 6gb on my pc. xp is second best.

Cant read or drunk? I said 6GB setup.

@FelipeInside: TC did say "lightweight, fast, simple ui" isn't that what we are discussing? not the feature-set.

If TC had said W10 S has those qualities, I might agree, but W10 home and pro has a lot of features turned on or installed by default, which makes it bloaty.

Eg; I don't need or use the film and tv app, nor photos, nor phone companion. Other people might use them, that's fine, but don't have it installed and some service running by default.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:

@GTR12 said:

Lightweight? WTF?

XP is the best OS.

@FelipeInside: TC did say "lightweight, fast, simple ui" isn't that what we are discussing? not the feature-set.

If TC had said W10 S has those qualities, I might agree, but W10 home and pro has a lot of features turned on or installed by default, which makes it bloaty.

Eg; I don't need or use the film and tv app, nor photos, nor phone companion. Other people might use them, that's fine, but don't have it installed and some service running by default.

I was just showing you that it doesn't use half like you said on your initial post "Give W10 1GB, it uses half, give it 64GB, it still uses half"

As for the "bloat", it's just more available software. If you don't use it you can leave it there or delete it. XP had lots of things installed by default that not many people used, it's just that Internet didn't exist back then so no one knew about them.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

lol, i laughed my ass off when this guy said it was "lightweight". I have a tablet which came with win10, the things hard drive is full and i didn't even install a single program on the hard drive. Within a year or two the tablet will be unusable because there won't be enough space to install updates. Im so pressed for space i have to do windows update cleanup every time and had to put my pagefile size to an almost useless amount, and the limited ram on the tablet i need to keep about 2gb of pagefile size or there isn't enough space for even chrome to run stable.

On top of that, its updates are gigantic. Every month almost theres over 1-2 gb of updates, while on windows 7 theres just 150-200mb of updates usually just .net security updates. I could see maybe if these 1gb updates added something but they don't, i want compatibility improvements, not sluggish store updates which i never use.

Compatibility is another thing, i have a lot of older games and applications that won't run or run extremely buggy on windows 10. The OS is a headache and i'm sticking with windows 7 for as long as possible and holding out hope that it will be somehow kept alive beyond its current limited support promises.

Most lightweight was Windows XP, the thing used almost no ram, loaded instantly and had tiny updates. Only next best thing is currently Windows 7 followed by Windows 8... which is bad in its own way since it lacks much compatibility that windows 7 has.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

No sir, that honor belongs to windows XP.

Windows 10 is only marginally less crappy than windows 8.1 and windows vista.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:

What ?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 appariti0n

@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:

What ?

I stand by what I said.

I have windows 10 on all 3 machines in my house. The living room pc, my gaming pc, and my gaming laptop. Oh, and also a work PC.

Forced updates (often buggy), annoying notification spam asking me to sign in to my microsoft account (I only use a local account for security reasons), Cortana won't **** the hell off, and can't be removed without a 3rd party registry hack, local networking is awful (computers frequently go unavailable until a reboot, even though firewall is off) I could go on.

Maybe it's great for people who don't know how to maintain their O/S, but for power users it's terrible.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:
@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:

What ?

I stand by what I said.

I have windows 10 on all 3 machines in my house. The living room pc, my gaming pc, and my gaming laptop. Oh, and also a work PC.

Forced updates (often buggy), annoying notification spam asking me to sign in to my microsoft account (I only use a local account for security reasons), Cortana won't **** the hell off, and can't be removed without a 3rd party registry hack, local networking is awful (computers frequently go unavailable until a reboot, even though firewall is off) I could go on.

Maybe it's great for people who don't know how to maintain their O/S, but for power users it's terrible.

Still not even close to comparable against something like the mess which was Vista.

Also all those things you mentioned, easy fixes available. I don't have any of those issues.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By appariti0n

@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:
@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:

What ?

I stand by what I said.

Still not even close to comparable against something like the mess which was Vista.

Also all those things you mentioned, easy fixes available. I don't have any of those issues.

Not so easy when you have 4 computers to maintain.

And actually Vista wasn't even that bad. It just required some tweaking to make it decent. Windows 7 is even built on almost the same kernel.

Oh yeah, and **** Windows 10 active hours, which can't be set for anything more than 12 hours.

As if there aren't people out there who might use their computer at any time within a 16 hour period.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:

Not so easy when you have 4 computers to maintain.

And actually Vista wasn't even that bad. It just required some tweaking to make it decent. Windows 7 is even built on almost the same kernel.

Oh yeah, and **** Windows 10 active hours, which can't be set for anything more than 12 hours.

As if there aren't people out there who might use their computer at any time within a 16 hour period.

Vista wasn't that bad? You obviously never used it in a domain environment, more painful than a kick in the balls.

EVERY Windows needs a bit of tweaking to get it the way you want.

Like I said, the various issues you mentioned are fixable in less than 5 minutes.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I've given Windows 10 a lot of flack but it has got better over time. Sadly, the default "apps" they have pre-installed are useless. The Photo Viewer app takes like 30 seconds to open whereas in Windows 7, a photo can be opened instantly. I wish Windows 10 was more transparent and allowed users to choose what they wanted, got rid of telemetry, and actually let us know when an update is being downloaded and how long an update takes to download and install along with its size. I don't have the need for 'features' like Cortana.

I'm not doing any registry hacks because I'm pretty sure that after a Windows update, whatever changes you make are rolled back. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The best OS is still Windows 7.

I'm also kinda hoping that Linux gets better video game support so that I can switch to it in the future.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Well guys if you want to get rid of Win 10 of the telemetry crap. Program called Spybot Anti Beacon shuts all that crap off. Every once in awhile run it after windows updates to check to see some of telemetry re enabled.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

I remember messing around with XP back in the day but too young to really know anything at the time of OS. However, my W10 is very snappy and comes up quickly. This may also be because I have a 960 Evo running my OS.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@04dcarraher: I read there were complaints about Spybot Anti-Beacon having high CPU usage. Have they fixed it?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By appariti0n

@FelipeInside: 5 minutes huh?

I'd love to see you post confirmed,working solutions for everything I've mentioned within 5 minutes. Oh, and they need to not break anything else.

Example: Forcibly removing Cortana with gpedit breaks the search box. They basically designed her to be the only search functionality. I don't consider this a working solution.

In any event, we're way off topic. I stand by my original comment. Windows 10 isn't the worst, but it's FAR from their best.

Windows XP imo, or even windows 7. Almost nothing needed to be tweaked with either OS for me.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@fend_oblivion said:

@04dcarraher: I read there were complaints about Spybot Anti-Beacon having high CPU usage. Have they fixed it?

Never heard of that complaint, my cpu usage is 0-2% idle. So I guess its fixed or those people had underlying issues.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

My favorite OS from MS is still Windows 7, it's the most stable.

I gave Windows 10 a lot of crap early on, for good reasons. Now, I use Win10 on pretty much most of my computers, it's just convenient. It has all the drivers, and bitlocker is streamlined which is nice to have on a laptop incase it gets stolen.

It's fast to boot and most of the bugs have been removed since the rtm 10240 build which was very buggy. You can still thankfully disable most of the annoyances like Cortana, the advertising, and you can do some work arounds to stop Windows update from nagging you to death. One thing I recommend is enabling "defer updates" which makes Windows update wait a few months before installing big patches to make sure they're bug free.

Overall I like Win10 now, I didn't before. It's very fast to get setup and running and it's mostly bug free with deferred updates. My biggest complaint is that a lot of settings gets reset on build upgrades and those are released every 6 months or so. And of course lot of programs suck like the photo viewer, you have to make a registry modification to get the old one pack, stuff like that.

As for Linux getting popular, it's not going to anytime soon. I used to use Ubuntu 10.04 a lot, they haven't gotten any more user friendly. Doing simple things like changing which hard drive a program gets installed almost always requires symlinks, which is just insane.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/736292/how-to-install-applications-by-default-to-another-drive

Using Linux as a desktop OS makes very little sense to me. For engineering I can't run Solidworks or Inventor, there are pretty much 0 parametric cad programs native to Linux (or mac). It's pretty crap for art too, No Photoshop, Corel Painter. zbrush, You get Krita, but Photoshop is the standard in the concept art industry and well most art. You have Blender, but that's uncommon in the art industry. If you're mainly a programmer, then yeah it's fine.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:

@FelipeInside: 5 minutes huh?

I'd love to see you post confirmed,working solutions for everything I've mentioned within 5 minutes.

Of course, always glad to help a fellow gamer.

Forced Updates: just turn the Windows Update service to OFF and set it to Manual and no more updates. Whenever you want to update you can just turn it back on. If you have Pro version you can also "defer updates" and even control them through gpedit.msc

Annoying notification spam asking me to sign in to my microsoft account: you need to find out where it's coming from. I also use a local account and Win10 never annoys me to sign in to a MS account.

Cortana won't **** the hell off: Again disabled through gpedit.msc. No registry hack or anything needed. I don't have Cortana on my machine, just a normal search box like Win7. Cortana never appears.

Local networking is awful: you've configured something wrong. Once the network is configured correctly there's no problem. I have 3 machines at home running Win10 with no network problems. I've configured two of my friends home networks with Win10 machines and they have no issues.

Hope this helps :)

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Minus all the logging of everything you do in the background. The install footprint is quite excessive if you don't use speech or even half the features of the OS.

@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:
@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:

What ?

I stand by what I said.

Well that settles it then. No one out there should be having any issues because this guy doesn't.

@04dcarraher said:

Well guys if you want to get rid of Win 10 of the telemetry crap. Program called Spybot Anti Beacon shuts all that crap off. Every once in awhile run it after windows updates to check to see some of telemetry re enabled.

Theres another simple program to turn on/off Windows Update. That way you can turn it on only when you want to update. I usually prefer to wait a bit after they release an update ever since one of their new updates wreaked havoc on my system. I also don't like when their updates tries to reset certain customizations or tweaks I did such as reinstall default apps that I specifically removed for a reason. I don't want Candy Crush and all that other useless crap

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 appariti0n

@pimphand_gamer said:

Minus all the logging of everything you do in the background. The install footprint is quite excessive if you don't use speech or even half the features of the OS.

@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:
@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:

What ?

I stand by what I said.

Well that settles it then. No one out there should be having any issues because this guy doesn't.

@04dcarraher said:

Theres another simple program to turn on/off Windows Update. That way you can turn it on only when you want to update. I usually prefer to wait a bit after they release an update ever since one of their new updates wreaked havoc on my system. I also don't like when their updates tries to reset certain customizations or tweaks I did such as reinstall default apps that I specifically removed for a reason. I don't want Candy Crush and all that other useless crap

THANK YOU lol.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

@04dcarraher said:

THANK YOU lol.

Please both of you show me where I said that no one else should be having any issues. I'll wait.

Also @appariti0n, the thank you probably could have gone to the person that gave you some easy fixes to get over the issues you're having with Win10, but hey... I sometimes forget this is the internet....

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By appariti0n

@FelipeInsidesaid:

Forced Updates: just turn the Windows Update service to OFF and set it to Manual and no more updates. Whenever you want to update you can just turn it back on. If you have Pro version you can also "defer updates" and even control them through gpedit.msc

Great solution. In what way is this more convenient than windows XP/7 where you have the option to automatically download updates as they're available, but hold off installing them until you're ready? Do you really think disabling an essential service is a better option?

Annoying notification spam asking me to sign in to my microsoft account: you need to find out where it's coming from. I also use a local account and Win10 never annoys me to sign in to a MS account.

I have found out where it's coming from. My wife signed in to her microsoft account once on my computer, and now it won't leave me the **** alone, saying I can't use shared experiences unless I sign in. Even though the checkbox to USE shared experiences is unchecked. I've googled the hell out of this, and there's NO SOLUTION currently. Next.

Cortana won't **** the hell off: Again disabled through gpedit.msc. No registry hack or anything needed. I don't have Cortana on my machine, just a normal search box like Win7. Cortana never appears.

Oh? So I guess all of these people are full of shit then? http://windowsreport.com/cortana-search-issues-creators-update/.

Again, this kind of crap never happened on win 7 or XP.

Local networking is awful: you've configured something wrong. Once the network is configured correctly there's no problem. I have 3 machines at home running Win10 with no network problems. I've configured two of my friends home networks with Win10 machines and they have no issues.

I've been configuring windows networking since win 95, and have never had these random issues where a computer suddenly decides it doesn't want to announce it's presence to the network, until a reboot. This is on 4 different machines, with entirely different hardware configurations. Feel free to specify exactly what I could have configured wrong though. I don't use windows firewall, all computers are on the same subnet as always, same homegroup, and have folders shared with "everyone" with full read/write/execute permissions. Hell even with every computer having the exact same username and password, there are still issues. Oh yeah, and this issues has persisted through 3 different routers too.

Please both of you show me where I said that no one else should be having any issues. I'll wait.

I never claimed that, but you very strongly IMPLIED through your post that because YOU aren't having issues, I must be inept if I'm having issues. That's what @pimphand_gamer was getting at.

I mean, it's awesome you're having the perfect experience, but the perfect experience was far more common when using windows XP or windows 7. Thanks for the edumacation though. I'd be lost without it.

edit: also, this is a gaming site. what exactly does windows Vista having issues joining a network domain have to do with anything? That's something your IT department should be handling, not you. Were you using Vista home premium or something instead of professional?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside
@appariti0n said:

@FelipeInsidesaid:

Great solution. In what way is this more convenient than windows XP/7 where you have the option to automatically download updates as they're available, but hold off installing them until you're ready? Do you really think disabling an essential service is a better option?

- I never said it was a perfect solution did I? I was just showing you a solution to a problem you are having. You can disable the updates until you are ready to install them. I have them on "defer" and Windows only bothers me randomly after a long while to install them. I can even tell it to not restart straight away.

I have found out where it's coming from. My wife signed in to her microsoft account once on my computer, and now it won't leave me the **** alone, saying I can't use shared experiences unless I sign in. Even though the checkbox to USE shared experiences is unchecked. I've googled the hell out of this, and there's NO SOLUTION currently. Next.

- I think I remember reading about this and there was some type of workaround but I can't remember how it worked. I've signed into single apps with my MS account and then signed out and it doesn't bother me, but that was using single apps. Your wife probably converted the account to a MS account and hence why you are getting this popups.

And what's the issue with signing in anyway? It makes no difference really. You can even turn off the online services and syncing if you want but you personally would benefit from it having 4 computers syncing.

Oh? So I guess all of these people are full of shit then? http://windowsreport.com/cortana-search-issues-creators-update/.

- I must be special then because with the fix I impletemented Cortana hasn't appeared once. Maybe instead of continually complaining you should try the fix? I'll even write it out for you cause I'm a nice guy:

*Click Start, type gpedit.msc and hit enter.

*Navigate to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Search.

*Locate Allow Cortana and double-click on it to open the relevant policy.

*Select Disabled.

*Click Apply and OK to turn off Cortana.

*Restart computer. Cortana will be gone and you will just have a simple Search Box instead.

I've been configuring windows networking since win 95, and have never had these random issues where a computer suddenly decides it doesn't want to announce it's presence to the network, until a reboot. This is on 4 different machines, with entirely different hardware configurations. Feel free to specify exactly what I could have configured wrong though. I don't use windows firewall, all computers are on the same subnet as always, same homegroup, and have folders shared with "everyone" with full read/write/execute permissions. Hell even with every computer having the exact same username and password, there are still issues. Oh yeah, and this issues has persisted through 3 different routers too.

- I could have a look at your network but then I would have to charge you lol. Refer to my previous point. Syncing with accounts is probably the way you should go to get what you need. If you have been configuring networks since 95 then you would know you have to adapt to new technolgies and implement new features. Like I said before, I even have my Win10 machine networked to a MediaGate and syncing through a NAS box and it rarely causes issues.

I never claimed that, but you very strongly IMPLIED through your post that because YOU aren't having issues, I must be inept if I'm having issues.

- I strongly implied nothing. I said that I didn't have those issues after I applied those fixes, I then shared those fixes with you to see if you could get past some of the problems you were having. A simple "thanks, I'll try them" would have sufficed.

I mean, it's awesome you're having the perfect experience, but the perfect experience was far more common when using windows XP or windows 7. Thanks for the edumacation though. I'd be lost without it.

- Again putting words in my mouth and being sarcastically rude? I never said I had the perfect experience did I? I've had issues with my Win10 and sound card (which still doesn't work full correctly). News flash: there's no OS on the planet that will be 100% perfect for everyone's needs.

edit: also, this is a gaming site. what exactly does windows Vista having issues joining a network domain have to do with anything? That's something your IT department should be handling, not you. Were you using Vista home premium or something instead of professional?

- I AM the IT department. I am a Systems and Network Engineer. Been in IT for more than 15 years. The domain thing was just an example. Vista had issues across the board. No wonder MS abandoned it straight away.

Summary: again please don't put words in my mouth. Every OS is causing to cause someone grief somewhere. You can either choose to accept some tips and tricks from others that have found a way around the problem and say thanks if they work (or even if they don't, it's common courtesy to thank someone trying to help) or you can just keep complaining about them. (the amount of time you spent writing all your posts you could have tried those fixes).

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 appariti0n

@FelipeInside: Again, you are really missing the point here.

Let's summarize.

I stated my opinion, that windows 10 is NOT the best OS microsoft has ever released. You are the one who challenged me to defend my position.

You then offer completely unsolicited advice on issues that I only listed to support my argument as to WHY windows 10 is not the best OS ever released. At no point did I ask you, or anyone for help solving any of this. Trust me, if I wanted help, I'd ask. But probably not on the gamespot PC forums.

You downplay said issues with your "meh, all of that can be solved in 5 minutes" post, to which I called you out. I don't actually care about the solutions, I just wanted to see you put your money where your mouth is. By my metrics, you did find solutions for some, not for all, I can guarantee it took considerably longer than 5 minutes, certainly FAR longer than windows XP or 7 took to tweak after a fresh install. You have yet to offer any solid counter argument as to why win 10 is better than XP or 7, which had far less issues and easier fixes.

Next time you'd be better served merely pointing out some of the advantages of windows 10. Maybe the fact that it finds the drivers for everything upon install etc, or pointing out the disadvantages of 7/XP.

I'll let you in on a little secret too. Nobody likes the guy who just has to chime in that he's never had issues. All of us who use computers really hate that guy. The thank you went to @pimphand_gamer because he didn't completely miss the point of this entire thread.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:

@FelipeInside: Again, you are really missing the point here.

You complained about Win10 and how you had various issues. I provided solutions to those issues (or at least workarounds). I declared that I don't have those issues BECAUSE I applied these fixes.

What do you do? Not even try the fixes but keep complaining that you have issues and then have a go at me for trying to help.

It's sad what humanity has become these days.

I apologize I tried to help. Keep complaining if it makes you feel better while I enjoy having less problems than you because I actually researched ways around my issues and fixed them. Later.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 appariti0n

@FelipeInside: Good grief, did you even read the title of this thread?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Help me fix my windows 10 issues."

I do believe you're an IT guy now after going back and forth with you a few times though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:

@FelipeInside: Good grief, did you even read the title of this thread?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Help me fix my windows 10 issues."

I do believe you're an IT guy now after going back and forth with you a few times though.

I assumed your END GOAL would have been to make things better for yourself, by finding solutions to your problems, and would have been appreciative to receive free help from someone (like I have when people have helped me in the past).

But I assumed wrong. Your goal is to keep complaining about your problems even when there are ways to fix them. My mistake.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@appariti0n said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

@04dcarraher said:

THANK YOU lol.

Also @appariti0n, the thank you probably could have gone to the person that gave you some easy fixes to get over the issues you're having with Win10, but hey... I sometimes forget this is the internet....

Then you don't ever bring up anything saying you don't have issues. Look at your context, you added that last line after telling someone their issues are easily fixable which is irrelevant information unless you are implying that no one else should because you don't. That's exactly what you were implying, don't try to lie. Lol. Otherwise you wouldn't even mention it. Besides, if you own a PC for very long, you'll always find a reason to reformat eventually. No one that ever owned Win 98/Xp/Vista or 8 ever said they never experience issues that's easier to fix by reformatting than diagnosing lol.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside

@pimphand_gamer said:

Then you don't ever bring up anything saying you don't have issues. Look at your context, you added that last line after telling someone their issues are easily fixable which is irrelevant information unless you are implying that no one else should because you don't. That's exactly what you were implying, don't try to lie. Lol. Otherwise you wouldn't even mention it.

Sorry, I'll try to help a lot less next time....

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By appariti0n

@FelipeInside: mmkay, I don't do this often, but maybe I should have given you a bit more of the benefit of the doubt. Some of your earlier posts appeared to me as being quite condescending, to which I replied in kind. I don't even know if English is your first language, so who knows.

If you genuinely weren't intending any sarcasm, condescension, or otherwise, then thanks for attempting to help I guess. But I really wasn't looking for it :). Just using those issues to argue my case against windows 10. That's all.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FelipeInside

@appariti0n said:

@FelipeInside: mmkay, I don't do this often, but maybe I should have given you a bit more of the benefit of the doubt. Some of your earlier posts appeared to me as being quite condescending, to which I replied in kind. I don't even know if english is your first language, so who knows.

If you genuinely weren't intending any sarcasm, condescension, or otherwise, then thanks for attempting to help I guess. But I really wasn't looking for it :). Just using those issues to argue my case against windows 10. That's all.

All good. I apologize if some of my posts came across the wrong way. I just saw that the issues you were having were the same that I had and that the fixes I applied fixed those issues for me and would probably do the same for you. :-)

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 appariti0n

@FelipeInside: I get it, you're an IT guy. It's an inescapable need to fix stuff. :)