Windows 10 fall creators update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

Installed the new version of windows 10 and so far its great. the few games i tried runs the same in game mode no really drastic improvement. gonna do a clean install and see what happens.

anyone else installed this new update?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

I think this is new, but I am not sure.... If you right click on the sound icon in the system tray, there is an option for spatial sound. Windows Sonic for Headphones. If you go to the properties of your playback device, you can also select Dolby Atmos for headphones. Have any of you tried these? How are they? I usually use SBX Pro Studio Surround from my soundcard.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@urbangamez said:

Installed the new version of windows 10 and so far its great. the few games i tried runs the same in game mode no really drastic improvement. gonna do a clean install and see what happens.

anyone else installed this new update?

I always wait a few months before installing Service Packs just so Microsoft has iron out the bugs.

I'm interested in the "My People" feature where you can put people you interact with on the taskbar and also the new coming soon Aero look (Don't know if it released with this update or next).

@BassMan said:

I think this is new, but I am not sure.... If you right click on the sound icon in the system tray, there is an option for spatial sound. Windows Sonic for Headphones. If you go to the properties of your playback device, you can also select Dolby Atmos for headphones. Have any of you tried these? How are they? I usually use SBX Pro Studio Surround from my soundcard.

Yeah that's new with this update. I use Dolby Surround Headphones normally from the Asus Xonar sound card.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@urbangamez: It works faster - that's all for me at least.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this guys says its a huge difference

Loading Video...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

remember to use game mode

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

How the hell do I turn off the "My People"?

Its in every single app and keeps bugging me to add people I know.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:

This is a start maybe? https://pureinfotech.com/enable-disable-my-people-taskbar-windows-10/

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Do you uninstall all apps what get installed like candy crush etc?.

Lonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Lonath
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

@urbangamez: I installed it too, not much improvements in the Update though, The only thing I found useful was the continue on PC feature and the improved Gaming mode.

And the ability to login using the fingerprint of my new Galaxy S8 is awesome, love it thought it was available with the Creators Update too.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GTR12

@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

This is a start maybe? https://pureinfotech.com/enable-disable-my-people-taskbar-windows-10/

That's a start, which I've done, but its enabled in EVERYTHING, word, excel, powerpoint, even notepad, file explorer etc

Is there a universal off? I don't use it, nor will any of the people I'm about to get messages from.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By urbangamez

@PredatorRules: i gonna try some new game benchmarks later and try with game mode again

@FelipeInside: dont use my people. but you should give this update a chance as long as your system is not mission critical, like work, home office, school, as it seems very stable with my pc so far

@KBFloYd: i did, but i dont own the games he benched except batman and as he said not much of a difference. will try again.

@skipper847: yes,you can uninstall the solitaire, minecraft etc

@GTR12:settings - personalization - taskbar - people - set all buttons to off.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTR12

@urbangamez said:

Which I've already done...

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 urbangamez

@GTR12 said:
@urbangamez said:

Which I've already done...

ok.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Do you uninstall all apps what get installed like candy crush etc?.

I'm 99% sure it's not microsoft installing that 3ed party vendors like dell, acer etc are paid to put bloatware into their window installations you can get a vanilla version of windows by going to settings Update and Security > Recovery > More Recovery Options, Learn how to Start Fresh With a Clean Installation of Windows

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i've been getting some weird locks ups on some games ever since update

could be a driver issue cause 385.69 has been giving issues since the start and 387 doesn't even work(just gives an error 43)

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

perhaps it's just me, but I have problems when trying to click on windows 10 icon, the cortana search bar, and Microsoft edge sometimes. I have to turn the pc off and turn it back on to fix the problem. restarting the computer doesn't work. Another strange thing is that outlook does not work with edge once in awhile as I get errors that it cant open emails. On the other hand, I do not see these problems when using vivaldi .

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I've been having problems with Radeon drivers for a few months. The computer would restart and all Radeon settings would return to default. I thought I fixed it but now after this update I can't play TW3 for longer than 15 minutes without a restart. That's with a slow bios (no factory OC), default voltage settings, superfetch disabled, and I tried both the latest driver and 17.9.3 which was working fine before the Windows update. I have a RX 470 4GB if it matters.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@TheShadowLord07 said:

perhaps it's just me, but I have problems when trying to click on windows 10 icon, the cortana search bar, and Microsoft edge sometimes. I have to turn the pc off and turn it back on to fix the problem. restarting the computer doesn't work. Another strange thing is that outlook does not work with edge once in awhile as I get errors that it cant open emails. On the other hand, I do not see these problems when using vivaldi .

Seems like something went wrong on the upgrade. Try a REFRESH of Windows 10 (not RESET).

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@TheShadowLord07 said:

Seems like something went wrong on the upgrade. Try a REFRESH of Windows 10 (not RESET).

it has happened before and it went away and I don't think I had to refresh my pc. but now its back