will there be a warcraft 4???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
i know starcraft 2 is comming out and im happy for it but i found the previous warcraft games to be insanely fun and im wondering if warcraft 4 will ever be out. does anyone have any info?
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Don't think so, they're kinda continuing the storyline in WoW.Maybe later they'll remake the storyline in an rts, but I don't think anytime soon.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dragonmaster64
this makes me mad warcraft is so ASWOME.
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
There probably will be.
kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kirk4ever
Member since 2005 • 3543 Posts
chances are low right now..but they have a "Secret" project in dev some ppl heard but stil..man they destroyed warcraft lore with WOW so warcraft 4 will be sh$%#
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
There is a slight chance that there may be a 4. The Devs haven't really said much.
Undead_Arthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Undead_Arthas
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
I pray to god they do, but I doubt they will. WoW is their cash cow, even though it sucks compared to the original WC games.
Avatar image for woolysockofdoom
woolysockofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 woolysockofdoom
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts

I have to disagree with all the other posters. I expect WoW to end its life span within 3-5 years, and after that Blizzard will no longer release new content for it. They'll move onto another MMO, I'm guessing a Diablo one. And I'm almost positive there will be a Warcraft 4, it's their original RTS and I doubt they'll abandon it for WoW.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

this makes me mad warcraft is so ASWOME.dragonmaster64

Relax. You've gotten the opinion of one forumite that most likely has no real info on the game at all. Don't be so gullible.

Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
WoW is kinda like Warcraft 4. Unfortunately it screwed single player gamers.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
I hope so.
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

I dont think Warcraft 4 is going to be for a long time, because Diablo 3 is before that, and Diablo 3 is going to take Hellishly long !

And plus their always making expansions for WoW, SC2, and maybe even a World of Starcraft ?

vogelhut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vogelhut
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
Blizzard only has three series (at the moment), don't worry, WoW won't give them money forever.
Chairman-Yin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chairman-Yin
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts
i really wish they'd do diablo 3 first, then a FPS starcraft...now that would be sick.
Vito25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vito25
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

A Diablo MMO?? Oh god no! They already crapped on Warcraft with that MMO, I prey to god they don't do that to Diablo. A Diablo 3 would be nice though. And don't give me that "Hellgate is Diablo 3" nonsence.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58363 Posts

Maybe, but not for a very very long time. First they gotta take care of the second WoW expansion. Then they gotta finish Starcraft 2. Then there is always that demand for Diablo 3, so I think it will come before Warcraft 4.

Maybe after all of that, there might be a Warcraft 4.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I hope so, I don't want to play WoW for the story
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

WoW is kinda like Warcraft 4. Unfortunately it screwed single player gamers.Unstoppable_1

In what sense? Other then setting Warcraft 3 and WoW have NO relation to one another... Its like saying that Empire at War is the sequel to Jedi Knight outcast! Which is absurd.. And honestly NO.. As a fan of Warcraft 3, I can say they need to put it on the back burner because I think a Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 is more important sense those two have yet to be updated as far as warcraft 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Maybe, but not for a very very long time. First they gotta take care of the second WoW expansion. Then they gotta finish Starcraft 2. Then there is always that demand for Diablo 3, so I think it will come before Warcraft 4.

Maybe after all of that, there might be a Warcraft 4.

mrbojangles25

Lets not forget that Starcraft 2 will most likley have a expansion (like just about all of their most recent games)..

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
Not really a low chance, I'm betting evetually there will be a warcraft 4, but as everyone knows blizzard takes things really slowly.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
mo $ means yes
2005wrxsti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 2005wrxsti
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

God...I hope not, that series is played out!

Diablo is played out, starcraft is played out, and warcraft is played out...they need a new bag!

Trust me when I say this, Blizzard is going to go down HARD! Granted their next couple games will be a success, and rated high but that's only because the "Blizzard" name is going to come with it.

Blizzard is heading in the same direction Porsche did years ago when they got away from the thoroughbread race car stigma to family SUV's, and now even a stupid sedan on the horizon. All because they brought in some stupid Japanese evangalists who turned the Porsche name into a yuppy promotional gimmick! Porsche is no longer the powerhouse of performance, and lacks the fundamental raw edge it used to...same with Blizzard, they've lost their way.

HELL GATE LONDON FTW!!!

2005wrxsti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 2005wrxsti
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

Diablo is played out, starcraft is played out, and warcraft is played out...they need a new bag!

Trust me when I say this, Blizzard is going to go down HARD! Granted their next couple games will be a success, and rated high but that's only because the "Blizzard" name is going to come with it.

Blizzard is heading in the same direction Porsche did years ago when they got away from the thoroughbread race car stigma to family SUV's, and now even a stupid sedan on the horizon. All because they brought in some stupid Japanese evangalists who turned the Porsche name into a yuppy promotional gimmick! Porsche is no longer the powerhouse of performance, and lacks the fundamental raw edge it used to...same with Blizzard, they've lost their way.

HELL GATE LONDON FTW!!!

Undead_Arthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Undead_Arthas
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

HELL GATE LONDON FTW!!!

2005wrxsti

No need to post two of the same posts...

But Blizzard already has enough series to work on, they don't need another. At the rate they go, they won't be making a new game for a while, also, how many game storylines can you re-do? Blizzard doesn't know much more than RTS's, WoW being proof. Although a Diablo 3 would be nice, I still want WC4. I never really found Starcraft to be to much fun, mainly because I played for a few minutes and got bored, but I already know SCII will be awesome.

m_j_skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 m_j_skin
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts
Im guessing they may make a No. 4 after their 2nd WoW Expansion has been released, next year.
rainierflu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rainierflu
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
I hope they take the code for that game and nuke it!!!! lol
boyd62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 boyd62
Member since 2003 • 374 Posts

Blizzard will milk the wc franchise for all the money it can get. There will be a wc4, a diablo 3, and a starcraft 3, plus the associated MMOs at some point. Most likely a starcraft clone of wow. As far as mmo's go, wow will be around for at least another 5-8 years based purely on the # of subscriptions. Blizzard though, takes it sweet time producing games, so do not expect anything before 2010.

However, blizzard is really never going to be innovative again. The simple fact is, that they are run by vivendi,and like EA all vivendi is intersted in is the bottem line. Starcraft 2 will be a good game, but its not going to be groundbreaking , or innovative, or the best thing to hit pc gaming since doom, all it will be is another clone RTS in a familiar setting,with a good storyline,along with having the quality that all blizzards games do when released.

As far as blizzard going down, get real. They could afford to drop 50-100$ million dollars a year into game development for the next 5 years, and not even have to worry about the money, due to the profits they are taking in. If your talking about blizzard going down, because they are not a cutting edge,innovative developer, that happened years ago, shortly after wc2/diablo2 were released and prior to starcraft.

ammusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ammusk
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
yea there will be ... but anytime in the next 10 yrs cause blizz will be busy milking WoW
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

i know starcraft 2 is comming out and im happy for it but i found the previous warcraft games to be insanely fun and im wondering if warcraft 4 will ever be out. does anyone have any info?dragonmaster64

I doubt it. The whole storyline seemed complete with WC3 + Expansion. No real reason to continue on.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#30 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
WoW is a little more popular then Warcraft 3 but it makes wayyyyy more money because of monthly fees and the story is continuing through it and I found WoW more fun then WC3 so Blizzard will go with WoW till it dies out
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58363 Posts

HELL GATE LONDON FTW!!!

2005wrxsti

Have you ever driven, or for that matter been a passenger, in the Cayenne? That SUV is freaking incredible, and it does the Porsche legacy proud. Not to mention they still have the 911s (GT2s, Turbos, CS4s, etc), the Cayman, and the Carrera GT.

Go ahead and criticize games, but leave the Porsches alone man.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]i know starcraft 2 is comming out and im happy for it but i found the previous warcraft games to be insanely fun and im wondering if warcraft 4 will ever be out. does anyone have any info?Skullheart

I doubt it. The whole storyline seemed complete with WC3 + Expansion. No real reason to continue on.

the whole story line is not complete at the end demon hunter dies and arthas becomes the frozen throne guy. there are also knew races as the undead sylvana started one with the dreadlord called the possesed and dont forget the naga and the blood mages they will probably want revenge for demon hunters death.

Begemott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Begemott
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
[QUOTE="Skullheart"]

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]i know starcraft 2 is comming out and im happy for it but i found the previous warcraft games to be insanely fun and im wondering if warcraft 4 will ever be out. does anyone have any info?dragonmaster64

the whole story line is not complete at the end demon hunter dies and arthas becomes the frozen throne guy. there are only knew races as the undead sylvana started one with the dreadlord called the possesed and dont forget the naga and the blood mages they will probably want revenge for demon hunters death.

lol

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dragonmaster64
anyone have any news at all?
L_burna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 L_burna
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts

HELL GATE LONDON FTW!!!

2005wrxsti

haha, that's funny

L_burna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 L_burna
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
[QUOTE="Skullheart"]

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]i know starcraft 2 is comming out and im happy for it but i found the previous warcraft games to be insanely fun and im wondering if warcraft 4 will ever be out. does anyone have any info?dragonmaster64

the whole story line is not complete at the end demon hunter dies and arthas becomes the frozen throne guy. there are also knew races as the undead sylvana started one with the dreadlord called the possesed and dont forget the naga and the blood mages they will probably want revenge for demon hunters death.

haha, this thread is even more win than I thought

portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
diablo 3 anyone? don't think so
HellNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HellNova
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

In many ways... Wow brought in all characters and is killing them off. Illidan, Arthas (upcoming expansion) were main characters that have been killed. Kael, lady Vash (dont remeber how to spell her name) were killed. If they made a Wc4 they would need to make a complete new story line. Or base it in the future on the same lands (maybe the legion will come back or orcs will start to rape again).

All in all Wow was like a gaint money making peace off crap that fell on WC series. The chances that a WC4 will come out and relate to any of the previous characters is slim because it wont match up to WoW.

In 10 years if they make a Wc4 it will relate very little to Wc3 (besides maybe the land) just like Diablo 3 (which is set in the future) and Doom 3 expansion.

Rotinaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rotinaj32
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts

Dude, say NO to thread necromancy.

dudy80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dudy80
Member since 2004 • 1787 Posts

diablo 3 anyone? don't think soportujoel5

since this threads already dug up from the grave. Its here! (In 1-2 Years time)

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

People were saying Blizzard will never make a Diablo 3 because it will compete with WoW, so you never know.

jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jonnymcl2k
Member since 2004 • 1604 Posts

*note: i've not read most of this thread*

i think IF they made a warcraft 4 it will disregard anything that has happened in wow. Things such as killing off main characters like Illadin and maybe even arthas in the new expansionby some random no names doesnt seem very epic by Warcraft's lore standards.

just my 2 cents

aerman176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aerman176
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
It's possible, but I'm not sure how the storyline will play out, WoW really convoluted things in terms of all the different factions that emerged and such, I imagine it would be pretty difficult to come up with a satisfying story for the next RTS
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
warcraft 4 will be about the pandaren and naaru teaming up to kick legion a$$ on argus or whatever planet the legions base is.
Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts
Expect a Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 expansion before you see Warcraft 4. It took Blizzard 4 years to make War 3 after Starcraft came out.
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

By the way, does anyone else feels that Starcraft 2 will be quite mediocre? I saw all those previews movies screenshoots etc and it seems to me that it is just a Starcraft with better graphics. I sincerly believe this game will get old very fast

Besides, Blizzard has been dissapointing me for a long time. I think that the last title I enjoyed from them was Warcraft 2, nothing more

Also, on topic, I have the same feeling that warcraft 4 would be as generic as starcraft 2 seems to me

THE_FLAUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 THE_FLAUS
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thats stupid. warcraft and WoW are no way related. postponing warcraft 4 to make more profit on WoW is just nonsense. It's just a different animal. WoW to warcraft is like drew barrymore to lucy lui in charlies angels. they dont even belong to gather.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
If there will be, it surely won't be out for at least 5 years. I'd say probably more like 7 actually. There is no reason to believe Blizzard is currently working on or has any definite plans for a Warcraft IV. As it is, they haven't even said what their new-IP-secret-MMO is yet, and they said Starcraft II is going to be released as 3 games. They aren't likely to go, "Oh hey, we're working on another RTS game already," right after Starcraft II comes out. That's not really Blizzard's style. I honestly don't care if they never do another Warcraft. I appreciate that they did things to set it apart from the rest of the RTS pack, but the whole focus in multiplayer on heroes and items and killing "creeps" and making heroes that hit level 6 suddenly far superior to everything else really is not my thing. It was fun for a while, but that game just did not have the lasting appear that Starcraft did in its time. It has too many things that feel just ever-so-slightly too "gimmicky" for a strategy game. At least it's not as absurdly fast-paced as the Command and Conquer series. I'll definitely give it that.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SpaceMoose
anyone have any news at all?dragonmaster64
No, because there isn't any. You want news about something that in all likelihood does not exist.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpaceMoose
Bah, I got suckered in by another dork bumping an old thread. What is up with that lately? I wish I was that easily amused.