Will The elder scrolls Oblivion work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

This is on Minimum Settings. Will my computer be able to run Oblivian without lagging up? i dont care if the graphics are bad as long as the game functions normally im fine. Oblivion

chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

I think you can install and run the game. problem is, I used to have better PC than yours and I suffered a lot of freeze and crash and had to put it to Lowest Setting, wihich makes all textures to look ugly and unbearable at ceratin point.

just get a better PC, what were you going to do with that pc anyways?

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
That rig is significantly worse than my five year old x800 pro rig which ran Oblivion at high settings at a decent FPS as long as I kept draw distance toned down as well as a couple other settings I think.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 martinX3X

I think you can install and run the game. problem is, I used to have better PC than yours and I suffered a lot of freeze and crash and had to put it to Lowest Setting, wihich makes all textures to look ugly and unbearable at ceratin point.

just get a better PC, what were you going to do with that pc anyways?

chapman86
i cant get a better PC. this is my family's computer and my dad refuses to get a new one.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Really the only thing wrong with it is the graphics card, and maybe a stick of RAM. If you can upgrade those two things you would be good to go.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
It may run but not very well.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 martinX3X
Really the only thing wrong with it is the graphics card, and maybe a stick of RAM. If you can upgrade those two things you would be good to go.General_X
how much would those 2 cost?
Avatar image for positivebalance
positivebalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 positivebalance
Member since 2010 • 2352 Posts

you're gonna have some problems on med, but should work decent at best on low.

Avatar image for positivebalance
positivebalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 positivebalance
Member since 2010 • 2352 Posts

[QUOTE="General_X"]Really the only thing wrong with it is the graphics card, and maybe a stick of RAM. If you can upgrade those two things you would be good to go.martinX3X

you can get a gig of ram for dirt cheap. and a 7800 is enough to run oblivon on med/high. another dirt cheap piece of hardware. but IMO, you might as well just get an 8800, and get a dual core CPU. with those, you'll be running the game on high, a long with a bunch of other games.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Your going to have some problems. I had a Dual 2.4 GB with 250gts and that could play oblivion but if you ever add mods, say goodbye to gameplay and hi to freezing.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
[QUOTE="General_X"]Really the only thing wrong with it is the graphics card, and maybe a stick of RAM. If you can upgrade those two things you would be good to go.martinX3X

Well I need a little more information before I can say for sure, first you will need to download: CPU-Z Install it (make sure you don't install the Ask Toolbar though), run it, and post screen shots of both the "Mainboard" and "Memory" tabs, this should give us enough information in order to see what upgrades your computer can run.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
you can run it, but on low settings, and if that doesn't work, you can get a mod called Oldblivion (not sure if it's still around) which dumbs EVERYTHING down and kinda makes it look like Morrowind. Try this if you're not a graphics wh0re and don't minds old school style visuals :)
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 martinX3X

Thanks for the imput guys but i think ill just skip this game for now. If my dad ever decides to get us a new PC this will be the first game im getting. For now....ROME TOTAL WAR

w00tcolors169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 w00tcolors169
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts
You should be able to run Oblivion on that PC, although it wouldn't be the "best way" to play it. However, Morrowind, which many people to be a whole lot better than Oblivion, would run perfectly on your computer.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Technically it will (i used to run it on a Sempron 3000, ATI 9550 and 512mb RAM) however i would reccomend a new graphics card and perhaps more RAM.
Eneru112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eneru112
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

You should be able to run Oblivion on that PC, although it wouldn't be the "best way" to play it. However, Morrowind, which many people to be a whole lot better than Oblivion, would run perfectly on your computer.w00tcolors169

I really can't see why people think morrowind is better than oblivion.. people should take their nostalgia goggles off already or just stop playing games