Will MoH or CoD:BO replace Bad Company 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

testament1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 testament1
Member since 2004 • 334 Posts

Right now, the only FPS I play is Bad Company 2, and I really must say that it's the best I've ever played. With these two new highly anticipated shooters, will either displace BC2 as the best FPS on the market?

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Hell no. Battlefield 3 will.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
Many will sadly buy Black Ops. Medal of Honor is just bad.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Probaby not if you really enjoy BC2. I had my fun with it but I got pretty tired of the game after a while. MoH has its issues, but it's still fun for close infantry combat. Black Ops is what I expect to be playing for a while, but I like fast-paced games like that. If you enjoy the large-scale warfare aspect of BC2 and all the destructibility, then neither game will suffice. I'd say they're both worth checking out though. MoH only if there's a good price drop.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
what do you mean? in terms of playerbase or actual quality of the game? bc2 will probably remain top if youre talking about quality. black ops will have a very large playerbase.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Not for me personally, I finished MOH single player (which I enjoyed very much, however very, very short for my standard) and spent couple of hours online.

It's not a bad game by any means but It will not change my Bad Company 2 multiplayer for me.

If Black Ops is anything like MW2 then I'll definitely stay with BC2. I guess my preferences are with Battlefield series. Unless something like Counter Strike arrives in future.

Where the heck is Half-Life 3...

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
Not really
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

I'm still playing Battleifled 2 :/

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

IcyToasters
hows the community on that? i might play again.
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
I don't think so. I'm sure some of the players will move on to Black Ops or MOH, but the games are too different to be replaced by eachother
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I'll be playing all three games constantly. So far I've been playing lots of MoH and BC2, BO will be joining my ranks soon.

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts

The topic honestly read to me "Will GENERIC SHOOTING GAME A or GENERIC SHOOTING GAME B replace GENERIC SHOOTING GAME C?" None of them stand out anymore.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Will Medal Of Honor replace BFBC2? It already has proved that it cannot. I owned MOH and I have to say that the MP side of things is downright horrible. The SP campaign is actually pretty good. WIth that said, no, because the multiplayer is where it's at and BFBC2 nails it. I don't think Black Ops will replace BFBC2, but it will certainly have a lot of players. BFBC2 plays different and it's more my style. I bought Black Ops already just because I'm curious as to how it will turn out.
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

[QUOTE="IcyToasters"]

yellosnolvr

hows the community on that? i might play again.

There's still lots of people around. Most maps have at least a few full 64-player servers, and there's a bunch of smaller/less full servers.
I play on a server hosted by a clan called something like "FART" and they seem to have plently mic-users and clan members.

I never have trouble finding games, though I do sometimes have to wait a few minutes for some servers to free up :P

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Right now, the only FPS I play is Bad Company 2, and I really must say that it's the best I've ever played. With these two new highly anticipated shooters, will either displace BC2 as the best FPS on the market?

testament1
It's called Modern Warfare 2 - with 50k players
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
i rly doubt black ops will kill or damage , bc2 community and i rly doubt black ops will last long , till vietnam launches every will be bored of cod and will go back to bc2 vietnam anyway :) dont get me wrong cod bo looks like a great game , but the thing is with cod games they just dont last long , thats why activision release "new" game every year ...
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

No. the MoH mp isn't terrible, but lacks vehicles, devices, soldier specializations, and the environment interaction is much more limited; just looks as the thing what is: a scaled down infantry only version of BC 2, that lacks in deep and layers of complexity.

Some of the BC 2 players will jump -at least for a time- to Black Ops mp, but due BO is mainly a deathmacth game, still will not replace BC 2 as favourite shooter if you like to play objective based shooters.

About the MW 2 answer: lol, these game isn't even in the same league, with his dwarfed max pop and lacking servers. MW 2 is arguably the worst COD to play mp in PC; being popular will not change the fact.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

testament1

It would actually have to be the best FPS on the market to get displaced.... so no.

To answer your question properly: no MoH and/or CoD7 will not displace Counter-Strike: Source as the best FPS on the market.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

It would actually have to be the best FPS on the market to get displaced.... so no.

To answer your question properly: no MoH and/or CoD7 will not displace Counter-Strike: Source as the best FPS on the market.

the_mitch28

BC 2 players and CSS players had in most of times nothing in common. Extremely different tastes and game mechanics separates these two games. And you can argue that you like the more one or other, but in matter of additions and innovations BC 2 is above the Valve game.

Huskeyyyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Huskeyyyyyy
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

Well Call of Duty is already bigger than Battlefield, I don't see why but gaming is always weird like that. MoH2010 is terrible anyway so there is no way that game or its future sequels (if EA still gave faith in this broken series anyway) will surpass CoD in sales and multiplayer traffic.

I think Bad Company 2 is bland compared to older Battlefields any, it's still fantastic, just not as good as Battlefield 2 or 1942. But the fact that many people still chose MW2 over Bad Company 2 pisses me off, Black ops will fail anyway so it's all up to Battlefield 3, even though the game is on consoles...

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

[QUOTE="the_mitch28"]

Ondoval

BC 2 players and CSS players had in most of times nothing in common. Extremely different tastes and game mechanics separates these two games. And you can argue that you like the more one or other, but in matter of additions and innovations BC 2 is above the Valve game.

Whats that got to do with anything? I was simply stating that BC2 isn't top of the PC market so "displacing" it is meaningless, however taking out the current top of the FPS hill on the PC (CSS), probably won't happen.

Also what's this innovation you speak of? I see none. I can find bucket loads of games like BC2... but not many like CS at all. Even within the battlefield series BC2 takes a lot of steps back from previous BF games (innovation at its finest).