Will LA Noir release for the PC???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 morbid_warrior
Member since 2011 • 229 Posts

Hey guys...I just wanted to find out if LA noir will be releasing for the PC as well...cause i've really been looking forward to playing that game..

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Probably not. Unless the hiring spree for DX10/DX11 programmers was done to port games Rockstar made/published to PC then we'll never see it. Quite sad because I'd love to play RDR and LA Noire without the blurriness and jagged mess they are on consoles. (LA Noire isn't that jaggy but you get the point ;) )

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
I remember reading that Team Bondi was interested in a future pc version.
scorpion_great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 scorpion_great
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts

They were thinking about it but nothing official yet, just have to wait and see what happens.

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 morbid_warrior

11:06:08

Probably not. Unless the hiring spree for DX10/DX11 programmers was done to port games Rockstar made/published to PC then we'll never see it. Quite sad because I'd love to play RDR and LA Noire without the blurriness and jagged mess they are on consoles. (LA Noire isn't that jaggy but you get the point ;) )

ChubbyGuy40

haha...ur probably right..and if you've noticed the GTA IV wasn'tthat good a port as it wasn't really optimized that well.. but I'm really hoping that LA Noire is released for the PC...:)

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChubbyGuy40

11:06:08[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

morbid_warrior

haha...ur probably right..and if you've noticed the GTA IV wasn'tthat good a port as it wasn't really optimized that well.. but I'm really hoping that LA Noire is released for the PC...:)

GTA4 on PC wasn't good until the modding scene stepped in and made it visually stunning and fun. Still runs like **** unless its on a quad core. Maybe thats why Rockstar hired PC devs :laugh:

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Rockstar hate PC, frankly, I don't like them. They didn't release the new Midnight Clubs on PC, I would have loved to have played them on my PC :((my old xbox died). They haven't released RDR for PC, not that that's a problem, the game looks horrible. And look what happens when they do port a game to PC! It turns out to be a pile of crap (yes, I am talking about GTA IV). Sure, they did good with the old GTA's, but R* has had its day. Now, they are just hurting PC gaming.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

ChubbyGuy40
Agreed. Although I'd rather see LA Noire on the PC, more so than RDR. I thought RDR on the consoles looked really great for what it was. LA Noire already looks amazing on the console but I'd prefer to play it on my PC, at my desktop with sharper, cleaner graphics, pushing 60fps.
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

We'll get it in a few years probably. Rockstar needs to milk the console kids dry first before we get our chance.

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 morbid_warrior

We'll get it in a few years probably. Rockstar needs to milk the console kids dry first before we get our chance.

tequilasunriser

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 morbid_warrior

[QUOTE="tequilasunriser"]

morbid_warrior

Sorry for the post above..was a mistake...but tequilasunriser, that wasreally nicely put..:)

TheMistique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheMistique
Member since 2008 • 1421 Posts
i mean i have a ps3 but i dont want to be forced to play an inferior product when i could be playing it on my pc!
TheMistique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheMistique
Member since 2008 • 1421 Posts

[QUOTE="morbid_warrior"]

11:06:08[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ChubbyGuy40

GTA4 on PC wasn't good until the modding scene stepped in and made it visually stunning and fun. Still runs like **** unless its on a quad core. Maybe thats why Rockstar hired PC devs :laugh:

i think they made a deal with intel because quad cores were not benefiting gamers because they were always outperformed by high clocked dual cores.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="morbid_warrior"]

TheMistique

i think they made a deal with intel because quad cores were not benefiting gamers because they were always outperformed by high clocked dual cores.

GTA IV sucks, even with a Quad.

With my system, on medium settings, i get dips into 20's. It maxes out my CPU and GPU and still runs like crap.

Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
Doesn't seem like Rockstar has any interest in releasing their games for the PC. I say **** them.
xiongsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 xiongsy
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts

I believe it will but not until Red Dead Redemption PC version released, which they should either announce the game on May/June 2011 and release the game in Fall 2011 OR they announce the game by May/June 2011 and release it in May/June 2011.But as far as I can tell, Rockstar Leeds is working on the side missions of L.A. Noire which Rockstar will probably assign the pc version job to them as of why Rockstar Leeds is seeking PC Programmer for "next generation PC game".

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMistique"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

C_Rule

GTA IV sucks, even with a Quad.

With my system, on medium settings, i get dips into 20's. It maxes out my CPU and GPU and still runs like crap.

Gta is one of the worst opitimized games ever

iscirc99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iscirc99
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Honestly gta iv was fun on the PC with mods. idk y people are still on rdr. and plus LA noire would probably be better on the PC. they can release it for PS3 xbox 360 but come on rockstar la noire for PC ftw. we should all send them a email telling them to release it for PC

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#19 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Visuals aside, GTA IV is fine. If LA Noir is in the same league as that game then I'd say 'ohhhh I'm definitely interested!' :D Best line in Mass Effect 2 apart from when he does the dance! "Watch this!" *Busts a move"
CDudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CDudu
Member since 2007 • 694 Posts

I don't believe they will announce it anytime soon, at least not before they release it for consoles.

If this happens then everyone will download LA Noire for PC through torrents and the sales of the console version will take a hit.

SauhlGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 SauhlGood
Member since 2006 • 587 Posts

with steam/impulse/d2dmaking record sales in pc gaming... i dont buy that its not profitable to make games for the pc anymore. And somebody needs to dethrone the lumbering behemoth Microsoft, im tired of DirectX. I sometimes get the distinct feeling microsoft is screwing with it to kill pc gaming, i mean they dissolved all of their pc development studios ages ago...and it would be counterproductive for them to make tools for people who would take sales away from their consoles...

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Considering that RDR is nowhere to be seen, I would guess the answer is NO.

I would wait for the PC version if I thought it was coming, oh well....i suppose i will deal with the PS3 one. Looks too good to pass up regardless.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I'd say no. But I am not too bothered by it, however. It'll play well on a console.

Come on guys. I saved up four weeks worth of paychecks for a PS3 and a copy of RDR last year. It's not that hard.

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Come on guys. I saved up four weeks worth of paychecks for a PS3 and a copy of RDR last year. It's not that hard.

The_Capitalist

There are plenty of reasons why someone would not want to buy a console for games. I can easily afford all three consoles if I wanted too, however I don't buy them because there just aren't enough games on the consoles that interest me to warrant the expenditure and I cannot stand the control scheme that consoles utilise. Not to mention the principle of "why should I have to buy a console that plays games worse than my PC" ? I would much rather not touch Rockstars catalogue than purchase an out dated expensive piece of electronics I would hardly ever use just to play their games.

As for LA Noire the official word from Rockstar is :-

"we do not have any plans for a PC/Mac version of L.A. Noire at this time."Rockstar

http://www.thegamerbuzz.com/rockstar-confirms-fate-of-la-noire-on-pcmac

That is exactly the same statement that Rockstar pulled out for RDR and we all know that game isn't on the PC. So no do not expect LA Noire to come to the PC

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#25 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Hope it does, I liked RDR alot more then the lastest GTA game and LA Noire looks pretty good to. Kind of reminds me of a cross between POLICE QUEST (old game i use to love) and GTA.

With The Witcher2 coming out 2morrow though this game will probably sit on my shelf for awhile till I beat Witcher2.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Capitalist

There are plenty of reasons why someone would not want to buy a console for games. I can easily afford all three consoles if I wanted too, however I don't buy them because there just aren't enough games on the consoles that interest me to warrant the expenditure and I cannot stand the control scheme that consoles utilise. Not to mention the principle of "why should I have to buy a console that plays games worse than my PC" ? I would much rather not touch Rockstars catalogue than purchase an out dated expensive piece of electronics I would hardly ever use just to play their games.

Fair enough. Still plenty of great games on the PC though, so I wouldn't complain too much. Isn't the Witcher 2 coming out soon?

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Fair enough. Still plenty of great games on the PC though, so I wouldn't complain too much. Isn't the Witcher 2 coming out soon?

The_Capitalist

Yep there are plenty of great games coming to the PC, it is such a shame that this board seems to be obsessed with a few console only titles that the PC doesn't get. At the end of the day if you prefer to be a PC gamer and for whatever reason do not like consoles then you have to accept some games will not be made available to you. The same is true if you are prefer console gaming and for whatever reason do not like PC's there will be some games will not be made available to you.

I am probably luckin in the fact that most of Rockstars catalogue doesn't really appeal to me. I was only ever a fan of the GTA franchise and the PC version soon killed that off. But you do have a point in that if you want to play Rockstar games any time soon then you will need to own a console. If you cannot bring yourself to buy a console (for what ever reason) then you just have to accept that you won't be playing any games made by Rockstar.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Capitalist

Yeah, but if you have the resources, why not get a console? I am certain there are more than a few titles which might appeal. I personally don't have too many PS3 games myself (prefer the PC for most of my gaming needs), but there are some games that are so awesome, that regardless of your particular platform preferences, are worth playing nonetheless.

MGS4 and Heavy Rain, for example, are great exclusives.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

I remember reading that Team Bondi was interested in a future pc version. SAGE_OF_FIRE

that would be awesome, i'd buy the crap out of it.

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
I think it can happen. It will be a year or 2 from now but I think it will happen :P
tobiasjones69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tobiasjones69
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yea but gta 4 still took a while for pc i suggest just waiting
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

The are still Lot of pc games i am looking into on the pc on the coming weeks, months and years: Duke nukem and Red faction coming in next week, Alice and Fear coming at the end of the month, Assasin creed revelations Driver, SSF4 AE, RE:ORC Dead Rising 2 off the record Ghost recon future soldier Prototype 2 Darksiders 2, Saints row the thrid, metro e.t.c. there lot more games coming to pc than those that they are not coming to it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Elann2008
I'd say no. Don't hold your breath. Despite Red Dead Redemption's major success, it is still no where to be seen on the PC. I could almost predict that LA Noire will see the same fate. Sad, but inevitable.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I've seen the first 40 minutes. LA Noire? I couldn't give a rats :(
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Elann2008

I've seen the first 40 minutes. LA Noire? I couldn't give a rats :( biggest_loser
I wouldn't say I don't give a rat's arse, myself, but I've lost interest over time. They were trying to sell that facial animation technology so much that I just stopped caring for it. Not to mention how oddly distracting the characters faces looked. I might be in the minority here, but I still prefer my video games to look like video games. I'm not ready for the super-photo-realistic graphics just yet.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]I've seen the first 40 minutes. LA Noire? I couldn't give a rats :( Elann2008

I wouldn't say I don't give a rat's arse, myself, but I've lost interest over time. They were trying to sell that facial animation technology so much that I just stopped caring for it. Not to mention how oddly distracting the characters faces looked. I might be in the minority here, but I still prefer my video games to look like video games. I'm not ready for the super-photo-realistic graphics just yet.

If anything, they hit a home-run with a movie-type stereotypical faces. I noticed a lot of bugs with the animation. They aren't super-realistic but I do notice how bad lip-syncing really is in video games. The actual facial animations themselves go way overboard though.The game itself though? Fantastic. Easily the best game Rockstar produced (since they didn't make it and I hate every R* game made and wouldn't give a damn if they went out of business.) Its one of my favorites this year, and its not even close to being over.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]I've seen the first 40 minutes. LA Noire? I couldn't give a rats :( ChubbyGuy40

If anything, they hit a home-run with a movie-type stereotypical faces. I noticed a lot of bugs with the animation. They aren't super-realistic but I do notice how bad lip-syncing really is in video games. The actual facial animations themselves go way overboard though.The game itself though? Fantastic. Easily the best game Rockstar produced (since they didn't make it and I hate every R* game made and wouldn't give a damn if they went out of business.) Its one of my favorites this year, and its not even close to being over.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I like Rockstar games except for GTA IV. Episodes from liberty city and Red Dead Redemption are some of my recent favorites from them. I'll eventually buy LA Noire down the line. If only it would come out on PC too, that would have been an insta-purchase for me. I think that's why I lost interest, to be honest.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Its not that good a game anyway TBH, It gets boring about half way through and the game is too easy even with clue indicators off, the interigation bits are probably the hardest part, I didnt bother to finish the game before I gave my nephew his PS3 back.