Will Diablo II work on a Macbook?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

topic question. Jw, because I dont want to buy a mac and then be annoyed when some games only work on PCs.

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
There is a Mac version of the game, so yes.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
There is a Mac version of the game, so yes.BladeOfHeaven
wow, mac has a game, OMG... Amazing, simply amazing!
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Essian
so I need a diff version of the game for a MAC? Because I have a copy of the game, and I installed it on my PC desktop, but I am going off to college in a few months and was wondering if its going to work when I buy my new macbook
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Not unless you dual boot your mac with XP on another partition. Then you could keep your copy of D2.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
so I need a diff version of the game for a MAC? Because I have a copy of the game, and I installed it on my PC desktop, but I am going off to college in a few months and was wondering if its going to work when I buy my new macbookEssian
I can solve your problem, Don't buy a Macbook, it's a complete and utter waste of money. Use the $500 you save buying a PC to get yourself something nice.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Essian
[QUOTE="Essian"]so I need a diff version of the game for a MAC? Because I have a copy of the game, and I installed it on my PC desktop, but I am going off to college in a few months and was wondering if its going to work when I buy my new macbookferrari2001
I can solve your problem, Don't buy a Macbook, it's a complete and utter waste of money. Use the $500 you save buying a PC to get yourself something nice.

honestly... why do people say stuff like this? Obviously I WANT a MAC (maybe its for the free, easy to use movie editing software? Hmm...) which means that you telling me how much you clearly dont like them means about as much to me as my parents constantly berating me with their religious zealotry. Thank you for your opinion, but at the present, I am just going to look for a MAC version of Diablo II
Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

The more recent disc's of D2 are PC/Mac you dont need to buy the game again.

OnlyKurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 OnlyKurial
Member since 2009 • 1102 Posts

This problem wouldn't be here if games were released for both PC and MAC.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

I believe thie disc works both on Mac and Pc

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
If you have an old copy that's PC compatible only, register your copy on Bnet/Blizzard, and you'll be entitled to digital copy of D2, both Mac and PC.
Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts

topic question. Jw, because I dont want to buy a mac and then be annoyed when some games only work on PCs.

Essian

None of the games you own for the PC will work on the Mac. Only very few games have been released for the Mac (that are available on PC) but those you have to buy separately because Mac uses a different installer. A solution would be to install windows xp on your mac using boot camp that cames with mac. Then you will have best of both worlds

Mage_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Mage_7
Member since 2007 • 1065 Posts

If you have an old copy that's PC compatible only, register your copy on Bnet/Blizzard, and you'll be entitled to digital copy of D2, both Mac and PC. flipin_jackass

Yup Yup make a blizzard account enter the cd key and it will allow you to download the Mac or Windows version.

ChrisWestJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChrisWestJr
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Essian"]

Zam

None of the games you own for the PC will work on the Mac. Only very few games have been released for the Mac (that are available on PC) but those you have to buy separately because Mac uses a different installer. A solution would be to install windows xp on your mac using boot camp that cames with mac. Then you will have best of both worlds

Actually Spore and Sims work both on my PC and Mac, so it really depends on the game. Im not sure why Macs get so much hate, I love both operating systems for different programs, i wish other people understood that concept.