Why's Crysis good?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"][QUOTE="Macutchi"]

legally?

Macutchi

Well, I actually just found it at my local library. So yes, I'm going to rip it legally. :D

oh ok i dont even know if thats legal:P

i just despise music pirates. far, far more than computer game pirates

Haha. I like to think of it as...bending but not breaking I suppose.
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

I personally was not too fond of Crysis. While it was better than your run-off-the-mill linear shoot-em-up, I found the non-linear gameplay of the old FPS more engaging and thought-provoking. Crysis was really an almost-but-not-quite shooter. It definitely had potential, but some very poor design choices that I have ranted against in almost every one of my posts about Crysis just kills it.HOMIE_G64

two questions: 1. what previous non linear fps are you referring to and 2. what are the very poor design choices you refer to?

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

Tired of explaining things to trolls/attention wh**es.

Coldzboy
Then you shouldn't bump the thread.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#55 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

Tired of explaining things to trolls/attention wh**es.

Coldzboy
That is true. Agreed.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
it's a great game, because the gameplay is fantastic, the graphics are mind-blowing, and it's one of the few truly open-world FPS games. It's really replayable, and each time you can play it in an entirely different way.
Delphanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Delphanius
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

I think that the game is quite good.Suit powers add a lot more variety to your tactics..

Revolution_DDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 Revolution_DDM
Member since 2005 • 274 Posts

It's not good, it's an overrated game with superb graphics that lacks any real depth.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Macutchi

That is true. Agreed.chandu83

i do tend to agree when the reasons the op gave for disliking the game are so weak

complaining shooting is boring in a fps and theres not enough blood. and it doesnt make good use of physics? reasons that seem so bewildering and insignificant to me that i cant understand how they could spoil someones enjoyment of a game.

and what precisley physic wise were people moaning about them expecting? and missions are lame? how are they lame exactly, especially in comparison to other fps? they made an open ended semi sandbox shooter with multiple attack routes / options so the missions give you freedom and for me that is what the game is all about.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
LOL if someone has some reasons not to like a game is a troll? Ever asked yourselfs that the reason you dont have a reason to dislike a game, is because you dont see any flaw? Some people however see flaws in a game, either its something that is there but its not noticable or important for you....or its just the fact that that they didnt find what they expected from the game. Seriously i dont get it. For example i actually find the levels borring and the shooting kinda borring too!!! What does that mean that i am an idiot and now you laugh at me? Or that i am only looking for attention? Seriously what happen to understanding? The TC made a thread to see if he is the only one, and all you guys do is flame him! I feel very sad for this lack of understanding :(
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

[QUOTE="chandu83"] That is true. Agreed.Macutchi

i do tend to agree when the reasons the op gave for disliking the game are so weak

complaining shooting is boring in a fps and theres not enough blood. and it doesnt make good use of physics? reasons that seem so bewildering and insignificant to me that i cant understand how they could spoil someones enjoyment of a game.

and what precisley physic wise were people moaning about them expecting? and missions are lame? how are they lame exactly, especially in comparison to other fps? they made an open ended semi sandbox shooter with multiple attack routes / options so the missions give you freedom and for me that is what the game is all about.

I do agree on the weak reasons part .. I mena I have seen people say Crysis is generic and then start praising CoD 4 or Crysis level design is bad and start praising Far Cry 2 (where all you do is shoot then go somehwre and shoot more). that said some of complaints liek the later levels etc are pretty genuine
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Macutchi

LOL if someone has some reasons not to like a game is a troll? Ever asked yourselfs that the reason you dont have a reason to dislike a game, is because you dont see any flaw? Some people however see flaws in a game, either its something that is there but its not noticable or important for you....or its just the fact that that they didnt find what they expected from the game. Seriously i dont get it. For example i actually find the levels borring and the shooting kinda borring too!!! What does that mean that i am an idiot and now you laugh at me? Or that i am only looking for attention? Seriously what happen to understanding? The TC made a thread to see if he is the only one, and all you guys do is flame him! I feel very sad for this lack of understanding :(dakan45

you're right disliking a game doesnt make you a troll, but i do think if someone makes a topic criticising a game they should at least explain their reasons better.

eg

the missions are just lame.

RobboElRobbo

because....