Why sims game is so popular?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Zillaschool
Member since 2004 • 1610 Posts
I dont get it Why sims is so popular?.I tried it but i get bored after playing 3 hours.Its just doing the same thing again and again. Please anyone who likes it please give me some tips.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
because it's like tamigotchi only with humans, people live lives through there sims chars. It's also a game that appeals to the female "gamers"
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

i would estimate around 80% of gamers are males aged between 10 and 30 - and that particular demographic might make up 15% of any given population (i'm guessing here so gimmie a break if it's off)

and the games we like to play, putting a bullet through that guy's brain, storming that beachead with our soldiers, defending our castle from the holy roman empire... that stuff doesn't appeal to everyone - in fact, it appeals to a very small percentage of people (just a high percentage of gaming's target audience)

the reasons sims games are so popular is that they aren't limited to male younglings, they appeal to two entire genders (because men do like to play them too), and older people like to play them - my 50 year old mother plays the sims, as an example - and that is why they're so popular - because we are 15% of the population

as for the specifics of why other people like them, it's a tycoon game, which people like - it contains social interaction including friendships and relationships that can end up being like your very own soap opera, and it's a thing that you build and grow and nurture, which can be a very appealing and satisfying thing 

gamesblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 gamesblaster
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
I like it coz of the mods as there tonnes of great mods like the nude chars etc
KorJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 KorJax
Member since 2004 • 2564 Posts

Well, people love the idea of creating thier own dream home and lifestyles.  Why were SimCity games so popular?  Because they allowed you to make your own city, instead of just being apart of one.

Also, the Sims games are probibly the most popular games that females play, which is a kind of "untapped" market (after all, there ARE more females on earth than males last I heard)

edgeofforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 edgeofforever
Member since 2004 • 349 Posts

I like it coz of the mods as there tonnes of great mods like the nude chars etcgamesblaster

Hahahaha.

PyscoJuggalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 PyscoJuggalo
Member since 2004 • 838 Posts

I like it coz of the mods as there tonnes of great mods like the nude chars etcgamesblaster

Lots of truth in this statement, wisdom comes from base reactions not from eurdic philosophies.

Axed54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Axed54
Member since 2006 • 2963 Posts
I tried it once, it was like watching grass grow.
PuRe_CaNaDiaN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 PuRe_CaNaDiaN_
Member since 2003 • 204 Posts
I actually enjoyed designing houses with the simple interface.  Throw in some crazy characters, get bored and build more houses.  I found it was a good tool to excersise the imagination.  For those that mentioned it was boring...if you try and play it as an alternate(realistic) life...then yes, it is boring.
Lytnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Lytnin
Member since 2003 • 186 Posts

If you play it like real life it's boring.  Get up, go to work, come home, eat, try to socialize, go to bed, repeat.

Now, create a sorority house with a half a dozen hotties.  Throw up a double-wide trailer family where the wife works and the husband stays at home gettin' his groove on with the hotties from next door and makes their kid sleep in the back yard.  Put an orphanage with about a dozen kids in it  all sleeping in one upstairs bedroom and have one of the hotties try grilling some food over by the wooden staircase and watch the fun ensue!

....my wife doesn't let me play this anymore...

D3RV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 D3RV
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts
My mum, sister, and sister in law play this game.
Females want to make the 'perfect family' and the 'perfect home'