Why no L.A Noire on the PC?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sik_kid_pk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sik_kid_pk
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

Wassup with Rockstar these days? are they just not gonna mess with the PC anymore?

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

After the terrible job they did with the GTA IV port, it's pretty obvious Rockstar doesn't care about PCs

Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Uncle_Uzi
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts

Rockstar games have always played better on consoles, IMO.

But just wait, it'll be out in a few months

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

All Rockstar games are eventually launched on PC.

Some dude that works for Team Bondi confirmed there's a PC version last year in his LinkedIn profile.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

After the terrible job they did with the GTA IV port, it's pretty obvious Rockstar doesn't care about PCs

saruman354
Exactly... I hope they rot in hell for this....
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

Rockstar did talk about a PC version but said the Physic's would be hard to emulate on PC. BUT they are looking for PC only developers. So they may be looking into getting it done.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

Some dude that works for Team Bondi confirmed there's a PC version last year in his LinkedIn profile.

Baranga

Red Dead Revolver never came to the PC and there hasnt been a peep about Red Dead Redemption yet. I think there are a few other R* games that never made it to the PC too.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

bonafidetk

Red Dead Revolver never came to the PC and there hasnt been a peep about Red Dead Redemption yet. I think there are a few other R* games that never made it to the PC too.

Honestly, even if they bring out a game for PC next, no one should buy it.... It's disgusting how Rockstar have turned their backs on PC.... Didn't they start on PC???
truebond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 truebond
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

Crap! I'm hoping the pc get a well optimized port of this game

scorpion_great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 scorpion_great
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts

With all the updates now GTA 4 works really well, I know there were some problems in the beginning but it wasn't that terrible compared to some other games out there that get ported on the PC

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

FelipeInside

Honestly, even if they bring out a game for PC next, no one should buy it.... It's disgusting how Rockstar have turned their backs on PC.... Didn't they start on PC???

Aye gta 1 was a pc game only..Howard stern promoted the hell out of the game..Thats how it got its start..Rockstar sure did turn its back on us..As did many developers..Look at halo...Hell they nearly gave up on the pc..

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="Uncle_Uzi"]

That's because they probably rushed the port and didn't put as much effort as they could have. Maybe they could learn from GTA IV and release a great PC port of LA Noire. I'd hate to see a game with incredible technology go to waste by not showing up on the PC. I will wait until it hits PC. I heard that there's a good chance it will make it to that platform.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

Rockstar did talk about a PC version but said the Physic's would be hard to emulate on PC. BUT they are looking for PC only developers. So they may be looking into getting it done.

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
So it could be that they're looking for PC developers that could port LA Noire to the PC and not Red Dead Redemption, or perhaps both? I can dream... even though I played RDR on the 360 and I had a blast.. I would buy it again on the PC.
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

[QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

Elian2530

So it could be that they're looking for PC developers that could port LA Noire to the PC and not Red Dead Redemption, or perhaps both? I can dream... even though I played RDR on the 360 and I had a blast.. I would buy it again on the PC.

Well you can Preorder RDR on PC out of state, not saying that means anything but they might know more then we do.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

With all the updates now GTA 4 works really well, I know there were some problems in the beginning but it wasn't that terrible compared to some other games out there that get ported on the PC

scorpion_great
No, for a lot of people the updates just made it run worse....
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

now see there you guys go again, you're being "grumpy PC gamers"...heh?

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Rockstar is primarily a console orientated developer now, in other words if you wish to play Rockstars titles then you would do best to just purchase a console (although god knows which one since Rockstar flip flop between the xbox 360 and the PS3 depending on who writes them the biggest cheque).

If you wait for any of Rockstars titles to appear on the PC then prepare yourself for one hell of a wait. I would have thought the complete lack of any effort in the PC version of GTA 4 would have clued people in, but obviously not.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

now see there you guys go again, you're being "grumpy PC gamers"...heh?

iwilson1296
Sorry dad :(
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

Rockstar is primarily a console orientated developer now, in other words if you wish to play Rockstars titles then you would do best to just purchase a console (although god knows which one since Rockstar flip flop between the xbox 360 and the PS3 depending on who writes them the biggest cheque).

If you wait for any of Rockstars titles to appear on the PC then prepare yourself for one hell of a wait. I would have thought the complete lack of any effort in the PC version of GTA 4 would have clued people in, but obviously not.

charmingcharlie

You nailed it on the HEAD there...

Looks like Rockstar is just after the big bucks now....

shame, I remember when they were a little company trying to get by with GTA1...

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

Gladestone1

Aye gta 1 was a pc game only..Howard stern promoted the hell out of the game..Thats how it got its start..Rockstar sure did turn its back on us..As did many developers..Look at halo...Hell they nearly gave up on the pc..

Started on PC, but it did find its way to ps1.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well, why no rdr? That answers the question, so dont ask why the newer ones are not coming out.
Avatar image for wookieeassassin
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wookieeassassin
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts

Consoles are more popular and often more profitable. I can't think of too many PC exclusive games anymore.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

Consoles are more popular and often more profitable. I can't think of too many PC exclusive games anymore.

wookieeassassin

Isn't there something like 90+ PC exclusives coming out this year alone?

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27558178

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="wookieeassassin"]

the_mitch28

Whoosh! That's a huge list. I'm bookmarking this one. ;)
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Rockstar did talk about a PC version but said the Physic's would be hard to emulate on PC.

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Lol, what a crock of **** excuse. It's like when Lucas Arts said the reason that the original Force Unleashed wasn't coming out on PC (at release) was because you'd need a $4000 super-computer to run it...yet the 360 and PS3 could?!?! Ya ok.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
[QUOTE="the_mitch28"]

[QUOTE="wookieeassassin"]

Elann2008

Whoosh! That's a huge list. I'm bookmarking this one. ;)

Someone added F2P games, MMO's, small puzzle games to bloat the list. There are loads of PC exclusives coming out in 2011 though.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GeneralShowzer
Well, why no rdr? That answers the question, so dont ask why the newer ones are not coming out.dakan45
Rockstar San Diego wasn't equipped for a PC game?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

Rockstar did talk about a PC version but said the Physic's would be hard to emulate on PC.

PTMags

Lol, what a crock of **** excuse. It's like when Lucas Arts said the reason that the original Force Unleashed wasn't coming out on PC (at release) was because you'd need a $4000 super-computer to run it...yet the 360 and PS3 could?!?! Ya ok.

Yeah, they think we PC gamers are idiots and don't know about requirements (like console gamers don't)...
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

[QUOTE="PTMags"]

FelipeInside

Yeah, they think we PC gamers are idiots and don't know about requirements (like console gamers don't)...

I agree its a dodgey excuse. I'll go find the Article. But besides that didn't team Bondi confirm that, it will be coming to pc? I rather not go bothering them but i guess it wouldnt hurt to ask. the worse thing they can do is ignore the email right?

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dnews.de%2Fnachrichten%2Fgames%2F392965%2Fla-noire-kommt-demnachst-eine-pc-version.html It wont let me link it :s

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="PTMags"]

FelipeInside

Yup. And PC requirements nowadays are way off...
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

I agree its a dodgey excuse. I'll go find the Article. But besides that didn't team Bondi confirm that, it will be coming to pc? I rather not go bothering them but i guess it wouldnt hurt to ask. the worse thing they can do is ignore the email right?

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dnews.de%2Fnachrichten%2Fgames%2F392965%2Fla-noire-kommt-demnachst-eine-pc-version.html It wont let me link it :s

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

That whole interview smacks of "Rockstar thinking up excuses". I particularly loved this part :-

After all, the complex facial animation devour vast amounts of data (Example: For a second disc with complete peace uncompressed need about a gigabyte of storage).website

So one of the reasons it would be difficult to do a PC version is down to the "vast amounts of data used" hm now boys and girls LA Noiire is coming out on the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Now the PC uses the same discs as the Xbox 360 (infact you can store more on the PC's DVD because Microsoft reserve nearly 2gbs for security reasons on Xbox DVD's). Basically put if you can shove the game on Xbox DVD's then you would have no problem shoving the game on PC DVD's. It is just Rockstar thinking up excuses and trying to "save face".

As I said earlier it is best to consider Rockstar "console developers" and assume none of their titles will come to the PC.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Fine with me, if they can't do it properly, then they shouldn't do it at all. However, is it fully confirmed that it's not coming out on PC eventually?
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts

That whole interview smacks of "Rockstar thinking up excuses". I particularly loved this part

charmingcharlie

I have to wonder whether that's a marketing tactic, or whether they're genuinely incapable as developers to make a simple PC port. I'm guessing it's the former, but it doesn't sound good either way.

Anyway, it's times like these that I'm glad my gaming PC came with a free Xbox.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

Wassup with Rockstar these days? are they just not gonna mess with the PC anymore?

Sik_kid_pk

Whats up with Rockstar?Dude they making a pretty good move!Who the hell its going to play LA Noire on pc?Now really who will buy that game?You and some couple of other dudes from GS forums?

If they would of bring this game to pc they would lose money...

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

FelipeInside

yeah they started on PC but from 6th gen they became sony fanboys

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts

Whats up with Rockstar?Dude they making a pretty good move!Who the hell its going to play LA Noire on pc?Now really who will buy that game?You and some couple of other dudes from GS forums?

rhazzy

Perhaps they would lose money, but I'm sure that it'll be very appealing to anyone remotely interested in detective games.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the PC holds the biggest adventure game market, so with the right advertising I'd bet that it could do well.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Uncle_Uzi

You do realize that the people at R* are the ones who cause that to happen right? They obviously market their games to kids ( while pretending not to), which is why they put most of their efforts into consoles.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#39 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

I would be currently more interested in a PC version of Red Dead Redemption, but since there hasn't been any word on that whatsoever, I'm not getting my hopes up for a PC version of LA Noire either.

scorpion_great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 scorpion_great
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts

[QUOTE="Sik_kid_pk"]

rhazzy

Thats why you release it on Steam and problem solved.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="Sik_kid_pk"]

rhazzy

And what does that mean ? It has the same chance selling on PC as it does on consoles. If anything it's similar to Max Payne and Mafia, which sold millions on PC.
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Rockstar really has never been all about the PC outside of GTA 1 and 2 (others released later), Max Payne 1 and 2. Most of the their games either stay on the consoles or hit the PC way later then when its released. I figured people would know this by now since there hasn't been a lead PC game from Rockstar in a long long time.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
Well by the looks of not getting RDR, i dont expect much from them anymore towards the PC.
fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fm_coyote

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="Sik_kid_pk"]

scorpion_great

Exactly. There would be a BOAT load of people who would buy this on PC. So many uninformed people seem to think that console=money pc=none. Steam sales have proven time and time again that there is a LOT of, if not more money in PC sales.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rhazzy

[QUOTE="scorpion_great"]

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

fm_coyote

Exactly. There would be a BOAT load of people who would buy this on PC. So many uninformed people seem to think that console=money pc=none. Steam sales have proven time and time again that there is a LOT of, if not more money in PC sales.

Omg..you some sort of magician or what?

"Steam sales have proven time and time again that there is a LOT of, if not more money in PC sales"

How do you know this?Steam dosent give infos about the numbers of units/games sold...

Can you give some couple of concrete examples...since you said time and time again?And iam talking about multiplats here...

Again...No one would buy it...

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="fm_coyote"][QUOTE="scorpion_great"]

rhazzy

"Steam sales have proven time and time again that there is a LOT of, if not more money in PC sales"

How do you know this?Steam dosent give infos about the numbers of units/games sold...

Can you give some couple of concrete examples...since you said time and time again?And iam talking about multiplats here...

This kind of talk just blows my mind... You think it has a better chance of selling on consoles than on PC? Why? Is the noir detective genre a big thing on consoles or something....? If its a seller on consoles, it will be a seller on PC, it's really that simple. Console sales will be a lot better than the PC sales in the start, but in time they will balance out.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rhazzy

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="fm_coyote"] Exactly. There would be a BOAT load of people who would buy this on PC. So many uninformed people seem to think that console=money pc=none. Steam sales have proven time and time again that there is a LOT of, if not more money in PC sales.GeneralShowzer

This kind of talk just blows my mind...

And yet IAM RIGHT!

You cant dismiss what ived said with valid arguments...All that you do,like the dude before you,is to assume...

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fm_coyote

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="rhazzy"]

rhazzy

This kind of talk just blows my mind...

And yet IAM RIGHT!

You cant dismiss what ived said with valid arguments...All that you do,like the dude before you,is to assume...

Before you talk out of your ass. Read this. http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20090219/1124433835.shtml and this. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27559230&tag=topics%3Btitle Now... you show me where a console game, on sale, accounted for a 3000%... yes THREE THOUSAND % sales boost. NO where. Now. tell me there is not a lot of money in steam PC game sales. why dont YOU back YOUR arguments up with facts. Just being a console kiddy saying " THEY KNOW CONSOLES ARE MORE MONIES LOLZ!" doesn't mean crap all to people that know how to read. The write ups may be about piracy, but the fact of the matter is, PC sales make massive revenue, more then consoles by far, the facts are right there.
Urworstnhtmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Urworstnhtmare
Member since 2008 • 2630 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

Gladestone1

Bungie started on the Mac...

Urworstnhtmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Urworstnhtmare
Member since 2008 • 2630 Posts

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] This kind of talk just blows my mind... fm_coyote

And yet IAM RIGHT!

Before you talk out of your ass. Read this. http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20090219/1124433835.shtml and this. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27559230&tag=topics%3Btitle Now... you show me where a console game, on sale, accounted for a 3000%... yes THREE THOUSAND % sales boost. NO where. Now. tell me there is not a lot of money in steam PC game sales. why dont YOU back YOUR arguments up with facts. Just being a console kiddy saying " THEY KNOW CONSOLES ARE MORE MONIES LOLZ!" doesn't mean crap all to people that know how to read. The write ups may be about piracy, but the fact of the matter is, PC sales make massive revenue, more then consoles by far, the facts are right there.

Im sorry but this is not the first time this user has stated blind opinion as fact...

I personally don't see why Rockstar and other developers go back to the PC. I really want another Madden game on the PC, and EA's excuse of it being not lucrative enough are looking fairly silly now...