Why my PC isnt recognizing as a Wired Connection?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

For some reason my PC is only recognizing my router (that IS in fact WIRED into the PC with ethernet) as a wireless connection, it refuses to acknowledge it as a wired connection. My PS4/PS3/XB360/XBONE/WiiU all of them recognize as being Wired.

Does anybody have any troubleshooting tips for me here?

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

Well I just tried to download the WAN drivers, then it told me I needed the Intel Network Connections SNMP Agent so I downloaded that, now in order to install that it says i need the IPMI Baseboard management controller.

So then I said screw it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

WAN drivers? what the hell did you just download? your router/modem connects to WAN, not your PC.

are you sure you have the proper network drivers installed for your motherboard (downloadable from your motherboard manufacturers site, but you need to know the model first)? i assume you have integrated network adapter.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Uninstall your router/modem and reboot your machine (and anything else you've put on while trying to remedy it), Windows should find it and re-initialise it.

KyleGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KyleGates
Member since 2002 • 2997 Posts

Sounds like fishy ethernet card (or port as it were) drivers. What type of NIC do you have, a stand alone card (If so, whats the make/model) or is it built into the motherboard (if so, what motherboard do you have)?