Why isn't Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on Steam??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HotScully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HotScully
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

All of the other ones are, so why not this one??

Frosal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Frosal
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts

There are no shadows in some levels (for a fact I know there are none in the Jerusalem level) if you have an Nvidia card. Search google for "Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Shadow/Lighting problem".

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

There are no shadows in some levels (for a fact I know there are none in the Jerusalem level) if you have an Nvidia card. Search google for "Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Shadow/Lighting problem".

Frosal
I doubt that is why...
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Ubisoft is an odd beast when it comes to steam, for example in the UK you can buy Assassins Creed 1 from steam but you cannot buy Assassins Creed 2. You can buy the first three splinter cells but you can't buy the latest one from steam in the UK. I would guess it is a similar situation for your country, for some reason Ubisoft is not allowing "Pandora Tomorrow" to be sold via steam. This is most likely down to some agreement they have with local retailers in your country (the reason for the UK).

HotScully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HotScully
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

Ubisoft is an odd beast when it comes to steam, for example in the UK you can buy Assassins Creed 1 from steam but you cannot buy Assassins Creed 2. You can buy the first three splinter cells but you can't buy the latest one from steam in the UK. I would guess it is a similar situation for your country, for some reason Ubisoft is not allowing "Pandora Tomorrow" to be sold via steam. This is most likely down to some agreement they have with local retailers in your country (the reason for the UK).

charmingcharlie

That's just dumb (on Ubisoft's part). "Let's sell the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in the series, but for whatever reason we'll just leave out the 2nd." I seriously fail to see any logic in that reasoning. But oh well, I won't be losing any sleep over it. I'll Just get a physical copy.

Frosal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Frosal
[QUOTE="Frosal"]

kieranb2000
I doubt that is why...

They would basically be selling a broken game, seeing how lighting is an integral part of gameplay. Not only that, there are 2 instances where lighting is more than looking at your light meter - specifically 2 spotlight sections of the game that would require a great deal of trial and error bordering on the verge of all improbability.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="Frosal"]

Frosal
I doubt that is why...

They would basically be selling a broken game, seeing how lighting is an integral part of gameplay. Not only that, there are 2 instances where lighting is more than looking at your light meter - specifically 2 spotlight sections of the game that would require a great deal of trial and error bordering on the verge of all improbability.

Double Agent is a broken game, yet that is on Steam
Frosal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frosal
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="Frosal"][QUOTE="kieranb2000"] I doubt that is why...

Double Agent is a broken game, yet that is on Steam

True, but I still managed to finish it three times and get all three endings (well, save scummed through the last few missions). Got a 100% rating on every mission where a 100% rating is possible. Sure, I had to disable one of my cores to be able to freaking resurface in some levels, and it probably crashed around 3 dozen times, but I still managed to finish it. I've tried a lot of 'solutions' to fix the lighting in PT (from editing the .ini, running some third party program that 'disguises' the real specifications of your PC, to reverting to ancient drivers and none of it worked).
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="Frosal"]

Frosal

I doubt that is why...

lol they do this with Gothic 3