Why is this game so expensive?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lolrawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lolrawrz
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

I'm trying to buy Lord Of The Rings The Battle For Middle Earth 2 and the expansion pack from Amazon.

But look at these prices!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Lord-Rings-Battle-Middle-Pc/dp/B000CA5FLW

AND!

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Battle-Middle-Earth-Pc/dp/B000HAUO4A/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

IT'S RIDICULOUS!:cry:

Does anyone know where I can find these games cheaper? I mean I really don't want to pay the price for these games that are so old now.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

save your money it's a terrible game.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Holy crap those prices ARE ridiculous. What the hell? Are these games like rare, out of production collector's items now?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

save your money it's a terrible game.

jakes456
save your posts from posting terrible ones
lolrawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lolrawrz

Holy crap those prices ARE ridiculous. What the hell? Are these games like rare, out of production collector's items now?

the_bi99man

I have no Idea if they are rare but I have been waiting for a price drop for about a year now, and it has not budged at all. And I know some people think this game sucks but for me I really enjoyed the game. Maybe because I'm a huge LOTR fan.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_bi99man

Hmm. did a wee bit of googling, and found this at the bottom of the wikipedia page on BFME2.

On January 9, 2011 Electronic Arts announced that the online game servers would be shut down on January 11, 2011 for the Xbox 360 format of the game. The PC version of the game was shut down on December 31, 2010. Electronic Arts noted that their discontinuation of support for the game was partly due to the fact that the licensing deal with New Line Cinema (holders of theLord of the Ringslicense) had expired, which led them to no other option than to shut down all online services for the game.wikipedia

I suppose that might have something to do with it. EA probably stopped producing new copies of the game after that. Which shouldn't stop them from selling digital versions on Origin or something. but yeah. Weird. If there was a lot of single-player content, and that's what you're after... I'd say this is a situation where you should just pirate that sh!t and not feel bad about it.

lolrawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lolrawrz

Hmm. did a wee bit of googling, and found this at the bottom of the wikipedia page on BFME2.

[quote="wikipedia"]On January 9, 2011 Electronic Arts announced that the online game servers would be shut down on January 11, 2011 for the Xbox 360 format of the game. The PC version of the game was shut down on December 31, 2010. Electronic Arts noted that their discontinuation of support for the game was partly due to the fact that the licensing deal with New Line Cinema (holders of theLord of the Ringslicense) had expired, which led them to no other option than to shut down all online services for the game.the_bi99man

I suppose that might have something to do with it. EA probably stopped producing new copies of the game after that. Which shouldn't stop them from selling digital versions on Origin or something. but yeah. Weird. If there was a lot of single-player content, and that's what you're after... I'd say this is a situation where you should just pirate that sh!t and not feel bad about it.

I hate pirating games though! The only one I pirated was the old doom and I mean come on that sh!t is old as hell. Thinking about though, I might have to sadly.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[quote="wikipedia"]On January 9, 2011 Electronic Arts announced that the online game servers would be shut down on January 11, 2011 for the Xbox 360 format of the game. The PC version of the game was shut down on December 31, 2010. Electronic Arts noted that their discontinuation of support for the game was partly due to the fact that the licensing deal with New Line Cinema (holders of theLord of the Ringslicense) had expired, which led them to no other option than to shut down all online services for the game.lolrawrz

I hate pirating games though! The only one I pirated was the old doom and I mean come on that sh!t is old as hell. Thinking about though, I might have to sadly.

yeah, it's not ideal. And it's, you know, technically, illegal. :PBut sometimes games become unavailable, and there aren't very many options for getting your hands on a copy. And the number one reason to be against pirating is the loss in sales/revenue for the developers and publishers, who certainly do deserve to be paid for producing the games we enjoy but, it's not like they'd be seeing any of your money if you bought a used copy from some douchebag gouger on amazon for $120.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

They really need to put all these older games on steam,etc...

I am glad they are starting to atleast go back and bring some of the older games that are out of print back on a DD service.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

[QUOTE="lolrawrz"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[quote="wikipedia"]On January 9, 2011 Electronic Arts announced that the online game servers would be shut down on January 11, 2011 for the Xbox 360 format of the game. The PC version of the game was shut down on December 31, 2010. Electronic Arts noted that their discontinuation of support for the game was partly due to the fact that the licensing deal with New Line Cinema (holders of theLord of the Ringslicense) had expired, which led them to no other option than to shut down all online services for the game.the_bi99man

yeah, it's not ideal. And it's, you know, technically, illegal. :PBut sometimes games become unavailable, and there aren't very many options for getting your hands on a copy. And the number one reason to be against pirating is the loss in sales/revenue for the developers and publishers, who certainly do deserve to be paid for producing the games we enjoy but, it's not like they'd be seeing any of your money if you bought a used copy from some douchebag gouger on amazon for $120.

Agreed, If EA is not selling it anymore on their own initiative, piracy technically isn't a loss for them.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="lolrawrz"]

DoomZaW

Agreed, If EA is not selling it anymore on their own initiative, piracy technically isn't a loss for them.

That's the way I see it. If I try to give you my money for your game, but you won't let me, you can't hold it against me if I go and get it somewhere else.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

The game is probably out of print and probably holds some value still. The people selling it on Amazon are not Amazon themselves. Sellers are taking advantage of its rarity.

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

The game is probably out of print and probably holds some value still. The people selling it on Amazon are not Amazon themselves. Sellers are taking advantage of its rarity.

bonafidetk

I guess so, which is just ridiculous considering it would be so easy for EA to just put it on Origin.

sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 sloakz
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

I like these games, If you get the first one try this mod, it makes it more widescreen friendly www.moddb.com/mods/sloakz-zoomed-out-camera-mod-beta-08

And yes its a shameless self promoting plug for my mod :)

lolrawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lolrawrz

I like these games, If you get the first one try this mod, it makes it more widescreen friendly www.moddb.com/mods/sloakz-zoomed-out-camera-mod-beta-08

sloakz

Lol! I do have the first one so I will give this a try, thanks for the heads up.;)

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

HOLY CRAP

*Runs of to search for BFME2 + expansion''

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
No worries, I'm here. You can buy my copy for a mere $125 + S&H. :P
sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 sloakz
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

[QUOTE="sloakz"]

lolrawrz

Lol! I do have the first one so I will give this a try, thanks for the heads up.;)

No worrys, its been recently updated to 1.0 on Moddb and is very stable. Have fun
nucksfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 nucksfan
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

I have the anthology sitting in a drawer and paid 10 bucks for it a few years ago, lol.