why fifa on pc look like this ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

faysal_ha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 faysal_ha
Member since 2008 • 417 Posts

im pes fan , but when i see fifa 2010 on xbox360 its like OMG , very realstic and very fun , and i wounder why EA made a crap verion for pc ?

iPutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iPutty
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts
I'm not really sure. I love soccer, I've played all the console FIFA's for years. I picked up FIFA09 for PC, and was VERY disappointed with the graphics and controls.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
maybe they deem the sales not worth it, but it would be better if they just did a 360 port, rather than what ever the hell they try and do now, some type of ps2 hybrid port.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Port of the PS2 version.. they probably 'think' it will sell more if it can run on lower hardware as opposed to stretching its scalability. But yeah my foolball friend prefers to play football manager on the PC and plays Fifa on his PS3.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

The reason the PC version doesn't look any better than the PS2 version is because they ported the PS2 version. You see EA sports is under the impression that most PC's are "crap and can't play games to the same quality as the consoles" :-

The PC version of FIFA 09 is different to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions because of the CPU processing power required for the architecture of the game.

The majority of gamer's PC's do not have enough CPU processing power for this architecture, so FIFA09 on PC has been built to have the best possible graphics and gameplay engine while still being accessible to as many fans of the game as possible. If the architecture was identical to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, FIFA09 on PC would only be accessible to 1-3% of the PC systems on the market.EA Douchebag

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/41519/EA-PC-FIFA-09-Gimped-Because-Your-Computers-Suck

I have no idea where they got their 1-3% figure from since at the time they made that statement at least 13% of gamers had a quadcore or greater.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

What's pathetic is their statements after that "thing", where they are shocked at how much PCs are able to do and they will invest much more in this platform.

At that time EA was still EA with their excuses made of fail, twisted logic and stupid conclusions, but they've come a long way since then, still no progress on FIFA tho.