Why do so many people hate Blizzard?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gogators4life
Member since 2006 • 4654 Posts
I am just wondering, Blizzard is the 2nd best pc dev(currently) in my opinion, right behind Valve. They made quality games, nothing but quality games, warcraft 2/3, Starcraft, Diablo, etc. There old games such as Lost Vikings, Battle chess, racing games, etc are all also quality games. I know WOW is not for everyone, but if one doesn't like WOW, do they have to hate on Blizzard?

Blizzard patch support is top notch. I can understand people hating on EA, because EA has NOT made any good games recently. EA made games like boogie(which failed), the latest Need for Speed(Undercover) and Medal of Honor(Airborne) were terrible. But when it comes to Blizzard, there games mostly are top notch.

Is it because of the popularity? Valve and Bio-ware are very popular themselves, yet they don't have many haters. Valve has 0 haters as far as I know. Anyways, some one tell me why do so many Blizzard haters exist?
ignivim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ignivim
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts
People wanna be different, unique, special, it's human nature, so they hate on popular things to achieve that.
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

Its the type of popularity that boders me. Ever wondered around Starcraft Online?

Their games community sucks, and there is nothing more annoying than blizzard fanboys, who like to praise how popular their favorite games are

Its simple logic, humans are mostly stupid people, popular games are popular because they please the mediocre mind, just like Warcraft 3 fans

:twisted:

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

Who hates blizzard? though, there are lots of people that hate WoW for reasons they dont even know...

Furthermore, its in human nature to hate the things that are on top.

shader1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 shader1991
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
I'd have to go with Adrianstalker. The fanboys and community is slightly annoying
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
Ive actually never heard of anyone hate on Blizz LOL
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
People wanna be different, unique, special, it's human nature, so they hate on popular things to achieve that. ignivim
There you have it. Oh and gogators, there is at least one Valve hater on here, and he goes by the name of ZuluEcho. :P Can't say I blame him too much though after hearing his story.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
I enjoy all of Blizzard's games, yes, even the dreaded WoW, though I really don't play much anymore and will most likely cancel my subscription soon. Basically, people like to hate what's "mainstream". Same thing goes with just about every medium, whether its music or movies. If you like what's played on the radio, a lot of people will think you're an idiot as that's just "mainstream pop trash" and how many times have we seen movie critics give the latest blockbuster movie a thumbs down while praising some obscure film festival movie nobody ever heard of? Every one is entitled to their opinions of course. It's also ironic that a lot of these "WoW haters" were former WoW players who are now playing Age of Conan or Warhammer Online. And well, we all know how AoC turned out... though I hear it's slightly better now, but I can't be bothered to even take another look after the massive failure of Funcom. I can't begin to tell you how many times on the official WoW boards people would cry WoW was a dying game and Age of Conan, or "insert new MMO here" was going to destroy it. Of course, it never happens. At the most, the new MMO's carve out a nice niche in the market but fail to approach the mass appeal and sales that WoW garnered. Is WoW perfect? Of course not. I'm ready for a skill/profession based MMO like UO or the OLD Star Wars Galaxies. A game where I'm part of a big world and my actions actually make a difference other than getting some gold, exp, or a shiny new piece of armor with slightly better stats. I want a game where, if I want, I can be a shopkeeper or tradesmen, and never have to go out and kill anything if I don't want to, and still have a fulfilling experience. MMO's really need to evolve because they're seriously stuck in a rut of "Me Too"s trying to copy the WoW formula. Yes, I know the mantra, "But WoW copied EQ!", and EQ copied countless other games before it, so what's the point? WoW took the EQ formula, and tweaked it enough for casual players to enjoy. A lot of people claim that WoW is hardcore, but honestly, go back and play the original EQ and try to tell me WoW is more hardcore. The nightmares of corpse runs in old MMO's to recover lost gear is proof enough that WoW is for casuals. WoW took most of the tedious work out of old MMO's. Of course, they have taken steps backwards though, with rep grinds and the like, which just adds unnecessary grinding. As for Blizzard's community, I have to agree that there are a lot of bad apples. But I don't let that ruin my fun. Find some like minded people. Use your ignore list. That solves the majority of problems right there.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Ive actually never heard of anyone hate on Blizz LOLDr_Brocoli
Well, WoW gets blasted on these very forums quite frequently. Blizzard as a company, not so much. But there's plenty of WoW haters believe me.
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
Yeah, I mostly see WoW haters and very few who hate Blizzard as a whole. There are some communities that hate pretty much any game company that's not obscure though.
Segaswirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Segaswirl1
Member since 2003 • 177 Posts
I've liked Blizzard since playing Rock N Roll Racing on the Mega Drive, I wish they would do more console stuff though... like bring Rock N Roll Racing or Lost Vikings to the Xbox Live Arcade.
Yoshi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yoshi25
Member since 2004 • 4488 Posts
The only thing I hate about Blizzard is that their scheduled release date is years before the actual release date. There's even a mathematical formula for determining when a Blizzard game will truly be released. True.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
It would be odd to hate them considering they have never made a bad game. I maybe not really like any of their games aside from the Diablo franchise but they have the most popular online RTS, Starcraft, and the most popular MMO, WoW. Let us not forget the most popular Action-Rpg, Diablo. They have great support for their customers and games. However the only thing I cannot stand about Blizzard and it's games are the communities. It isn't even their fault but the poor community of Diablo 2 killed it for me, otherwise I would still be playing it today.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
It's "cool" to hate the guy whose on top.
SinfulPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SinfulPotato
Member since 2005 • 1381 Posts

Who hates blizzard? though, there are lots of people that hate WoW for reasons they dont even know...

Furthermore, its in human nature to hate the things that are on top.

SamiRDuran
I played wow for three years... I hate wow because it stole my soul.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

Blizzard might not be my favorite company but I'll lose all my interests in the video game industry if Blizzard is not here.

Blizzard defines popularity in video games and just simply makes the industry more exciting.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

because EA has NOT made any good games recently.
gogators4life

Dead Space.

pwned with 2 words.

Blizzard is overrated, theve only made one full game besides WoW in the last 6-7 years.

maybe if they made a game that didnt rely on teh success of past games they would be more interesting, but i doubt they will ever make a new IP as long as they can milk warcraft/starcraft/diablo.

gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gogators4life
Dead Space, thats all I can think of. Past 5 years, EA made very few games that were good.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It's cool to hate popular/great things these days
gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gogators4life
Then why don't people hate Valve or Bioware?
Yoshi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yoshi25
Member since 2004 • 4488 Posts
Then why don't people hate Valve or Bioware?gogators4life
I'm sure there's some people that do.
ignivim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ignivim
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts
Then why don't people hate Valve or Bioware?gogators4life
Cause they're not that popular. Most people I know haven't even heard of Half life but have heard of things like WoW, Halo, Gears of War, etc. And even I forget what Bioware makes. They made KOTOR I think and ME? They're not really popular.
Mediocre_man90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mediocre_man90
Member since 2006 • 968 Posts

I think I'm the only person on these forums that I've seen that actually has a problem with Blizzard as a whole. In my experience, as soon as you say something bad about them, a swarm of fanboys and apologists comes out of the woodwork to try and convince you that they've never put out a bad game, and that they're one of the best companies in the world.

My problem is really caused by a combination of factors:

1. Their games, while polished more than the vast majority of games on the market, just lack soul. The only game they've made that I've ever enjoyed was Starcraft

2. From the perspective of an outsider (I'm not a fan of either franchise), they owe everything they have to Warhammer. despite this, every Blizzard fan will rabidly defend the company, saying that it's okay because everybody rips off everybody else, and there's no such thing as creativity.

3. The aforementioned swarm of fanboys and apologists

Those are minor, and don't warrant hatred of a company on their own, but they compound the next set:

4. With 11.5 million subscribers paying $15 a month, Blizzard makes 20.7 billion dollars a year off of WoW alone, without even factoring in the people who use game cards instead of a subscription, or adding in the $50-$20 per sale of each boxed version of the base game or expansion packs. Compare this to something like Guild Wars, which performs a similar service for free (calling into question whether a monthly subscription is even necessary), and I start to get a little miffed at the idea of still charging that monthly fee.

5. Starcraft, a game that came out 10 years ago still costs $20. Warcraft 3, a 6 year-old game still costs $30-$40 depending where you look.

6. The news that Starcaft 2 will be split up into 3 separate games, without any assurance that each installment will be at reduced price, leads me to worry that each game will be full price, out of greed and a knowledge they can get away with it

7. Rumors of Battle.Net fees conjure up similar fears

With all of these factors adding up, I really can't see Blizzard as anything more than a greedy, money-grubbing company that only cares about maximizing profits. The fact that their fans blindly support them, and will constantly argue with me and make excuses for them only worries me, quite frankly.

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

I hate the stupid fanboyism. Someone once made a thread about : starcraft vs company of heroes, and guess what, about 85 percent voted starcraft, calling it undisputed defending even the A.I and strategic depth against company if heroes!!!! WHAT!!!!

Then there is warcraft 3, another very overrated game.

ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 ADG_
Member since 2003 • 1654 Posts
Hate might be a bit strong word, but I don't like them one bit. Why? They haven't made any good games in the past... 10 years? Pretty much the only game they've created that I've enjoyed was Warcraft II, back when I was new to PC gaming
Solidus171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solidus171
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

I hated World of Warcraft, but I don't hate Blizzard because they are fulfilling their purpose as a company: raking the money in off consumers. They also provide patches and support (which I always thought was top notch whenever I played). I think the reason why Blizz gets so much stick is because people instantly relate them to WoW and people then link that thought on to its community - the dreaded Blizz fanboys. All the blame goes to the company afterwards for creating such dim-witted freaks but hey, that ain't their problem! It's the player's problem for not managing their time properly and getting sucked in in the first place.

I don't mind Blizz and now I don't care about their games, it's the ignorance and low willpower some their customers have that annoys me more than anything.

johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 johnmatthais
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
I hate WoW with a passion it steals people's lives but i enjoyed Diablo 2 (never finished the first set of quests even though...) and Starcraft and it's expansion (i put about 200 hours into this game haha...but it was also one of the first computer games and the first strategy game i had played...i had fun with it...but never played online cuz of fanboys and hackers) Blizzard hasn't made anything good since Starcraft though imo...even D2 wasn't amazing...and if they screw up SC2 with overpricing or just...bad gameplay, story, etc, Blizz is done in my eyes they've put too much time into WoW. why, you ask? b/c it requires minimal funding to keep it running well, and after having been run for 4 years, is the most polished MMO out today. then on top of that is the aforementioned 20.7 billion they get off of subscriptions alone, PER MONTH they have a s***load of money they could put into SC2...if they don't make it good, Blizz is screwed
Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

I hate the stupid fanboyism. Someone once made a thread about : starcraft vs company of heroes, and guess what, about 85 percent voted starcraft, calling it undisputed defending even the A.I and strategic depth against company if heroes!!!! WHAT!!!!

Then there is warcraft 3, another very overrated game.

omenodebander

You mean the poll created by the the OP of this thread a bit earlier? Last time I checked it was ~55% in favor of CoH. This here is an example of blind hating, which is just as annoying, if not more annoying than blind fanboyism.

As for the topic, I'd go with the hating-the-popularity thing.

topulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 topulo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Blizzard is the only remaining company thats makes exclusive pc games and a good ones if not the best.

It should be a pc trademark esp after how pc gaming is going its also a revolutionary one first to make free online gameplay with bnet and so on.

Blizzard is the best as simple as that

Ps lol at everyone try to compare company of heroes with an epic game like starcraft. If you were older you might understand as to why , how revolutionary starcraft was in its era , supreme gameplay graphics and so on. I wish i could say the same with the new staracraft , but i think its just another rts.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo are still popular games to play so they're catering to the audience when they make new variations of those games. They're taking good games and making them great. If you think they're just milking the series, well I say that some people could consider that, but then consider that it's been 10 years since releasing Starcraft: Brood War, so I'd say that waiting ten years before releasing anything else for a good game wouldn't be considered milking. The last expansion for Warcraft III came in '03, hardly consider milking the series since then. Blizzard's smart and doesn't recycle the same games every year and instead takes the time to make better games that will actually be worth purchasing. If you think they're milking the series, then you must think that any game that has an expansion or DLC is milking the series because what came out for Starcraft and Warcraft is all top notch gameplay. Who ever said milking was a bad thing? You seem like any game that is being given more lives than it should doesn't deserve it. Your negative use of the word is unjustified when talking about blizzard because of the quality work they put into their games. In the end, the people that hate blizzard either suck at their games, don't like their games, or hate it because everyone else does.
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
I'm actually surprised that you would say that. I personally am not a fan of Blizzard, but I don't think the company has too many haters
craigrut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#32 craigrut
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts

I truly have to say I have a love hate relationship with Blizzard. I only go as far back as Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, so not the first game by them, but one of their good ones. I think that most of the people here who dislike Blizzard have some solid points. On the other hand I have to say that Blizzard probably has some quite valid reasons for doing so.

1. Blizzard rakes in cash from monthly subscription costs - This is indeed true. However, keep in mind that running servers for 11.5 million subscribers is no cheap and easy task. I know when I used to play WoW the damn things were lagging out all the time. I'm sure that it costs a significant amount of money to keep those things up and running and up to date. I do have to say though they could most likely decrease this to 5 bucks a month and still do just fine.
  2. They haven't made an original game in quite some time - This one, I do have to say is quite true as well. However, as others have mentioned, why should they if they can continue to make money off of their current games? When it comes down to it, Blizzard is a company. Their job is to make a profit. If they can make money by selling WC3, it makes sense. It's not like the game was terrible (please see next point).
  3. They haven't made a good game since Starcraft - I have to say Starcraft is still by far my favorite of the Blizzard games. Hands down, no question. I easily played 3000+ games online and I'm not joking, I just beat single player today after owning the game since 98.
    1. On the other hand, WCIII was not a terrible game. It was indeed a much different game than Starcraft though. Many people went to WC3 looking for a mass and kill game just like SC was. The game functioned from totally different mechanics. This disappointed many people into not wanting to bother playing it, myself included. When I first bought it, I threw it into my desk drawer shortly after for about a 4 year stint. I still haven't bothered to beat it. It's just too frustrating for me. However, at the same time, I know tons of people who loved it. It was obviously successfull in the market if they can still sell it for 30-40 dollars new. If people don't buy it, they'd drop the price.
    2. I also played Diablo 2 for quite some time. Only LoD and I never even played it single player. I had a blast with this game, despite the fact once you made it so far it was a photo copy of any MMO. You just grind for money and items. That's it. It gets old quick. The first few trips through the game and all of the new characters are a good time though.
    3. Now WoW. Oh where do I even begin? This game sucked up about 2 years of my life. Now as others have mentioned WoW has merit, but it also has tons of problems. The biggest problem I really had with the game was simply the amount of time required to have a good character on WoW. You could play for days and days and days and never get anywhere. Without a large group or good guild, you couldn't do anything. WoW is one of those games designed to suck your life away. It's like a casino. They design it to keep you online. You stay online, you keep paying them. That's how it works obviously. As someone above mentioned, it stole their soul. This is very easy for any MMORPG to do. So don't hate on Blizzard because you can't control yourself. UO from Origin Systems did the same thing to thousands of people. Video Games can be an addiction just like any other drug. It's a lot easier to cure though, sell your account and turn off your computer.
  4. Wow, point 3 went on a while. There's also much mention of Blizzard's online system just sucking. BattleNet blows, plain and simple. It always has. I hope it doesn't suck as bad for SC2. If it does, and if they charge a fee for it, I'm not buying. Sorry, but that'll take it one step too far. As I mentioned, WoW also had tons of server issues back some time ago. I'm not sure how things are today, but I hope they fixed them since I've quit...

Anyhow, I think I'm done cause I already wrote a short novel here. To say the least, I like Blizzard, but they obviously have plenty of problems. Oh, and I also can't stand anyone who raves about how one company is the best or one system is the best. They all have merits, they all have drawbacks. That's life. Ever heard of tolerance folks? :P

Solidus171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solidus171
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo are still popular games to play so they're catering to the audience when they make new variations of those games. They're taking good games and making them great. If you think they're just milking the series, well I say that some people could consider that, but then consider that it's been 10 years since releasing Starcraft: Brood War, so I'd say that waiting ten years before releasing anything else for a good game wouldn't be considered milking. The last expansion for Warcraft III came in '03, hardly consider milking the series since then. Blizzard's smart and doesn't recycle the same games every year and instead takes the time to make better games that will actually be worth purchasing. If you think they're milking the series, then you must think that any game that has an expansion or DLC is milking the series because what came out for Starcraft and Warcraft is all top notch gameplay. Who ever said milking was a bad thing? You seem like any game that is being given more lives than it should doesn't deserve it. Your negative use of the word is unjustified when talking about blizzard because of the quality work they put into their games. In the end, the people that hate blizzard either suck at their games, don't like their games, or hate it because everyone else does. Ghost_702

This guy is saying something true: Would you really compare EA - who deserve to be hated to hell and back - to Blizzard? Blizzard hardly release any games, but the support for the games themselves is WTFgodly on par with Valve, which alone makes them 2 of the best companies for PC games. Blizzard are sacrificing big bucks by making PC exclusive games, they aren't going for the true definition of "milking" by tapping into every damn market that exists (looks at the consoles). Blizzard invest heavily into the support via patches, and they recreate the best games at a time when the engine is getting seriously old and needs to be redone...with even more content! EA games on the other hand, rehash any game in their library and release that again and again and again and.........you get the point. Blizzard haven't fallen to the dark side like Atari, Lucasarts and EA have (to name a few) because they make the games and support content its community wants. That is the features of a great company...It's just their consumers that are slightly retarded wasting so much time on an MMORPG.

Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

They poop out the spawn of Satan!!!

Truthfully I don't know why, some people just hate. Blizzard has a reputation for making excellent games. I myself am tired of WoW, but I still appreciate it as the standard for MMO's. Diablo 3 is a definite buy for me, can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

[QUOTE="gogators4life"]

because EA has NOT made any good games recently.
warmaster670

Dead Space.

pwned with 2 words.

Blizzard is overrated, theve only made one full game besides WoW in the last 6-7 years.

maybe if they made a game that didnt rely on teh success of past games they would be more interesting, but i doubt they will ever make a new IP as long as they can milk warcraft/starcraft/diablo.

Ever heard the statement, "if it isn't broke then don't fix it?" Blizzard makes good games and there is no reason to make new IP's. They don't pump out crappy games every year and when they do release a new game it is more polished then 4 or 5 games in it's genre.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I can only see people hating tthem who've only heard of them recently and think wow is all they do
Anthony9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Anthony9000
Member since 2006 • 2173 Posts
The only reason why I'd ever hate Blizzard is for one reason: they announce their games too early and take forever to make them. I'm not complaining, but I can understand why someone wouldn't be too happy of Blizzard for this reason.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I truly have to say I have a love hate relationship with Blizzard. I only go as far back as Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, so not the first game by them, but one of their good ones. I think that most of the people here who dislike Blizzard have some solid points. On the other hand I have to say that Blizzard probably has some quite valid reasons for doing so.

1. Blizzard rakes in cash from monthly subscription costs - This is indeed true. However, keep in mind that running servers for 11.5 million subscribers is no cheap and easy task. I know when I used to play WoW the damn things were lagging out all the time. I'm sure that it costs a significant amount of money to keep those things up and running and up to date. I do have to say though they could most likely decrease this to 5 bucks a month and still do just fine.
  2. They haven't made an original game in quite some time - This one, I do have to say is quite true as well. However, as others have mentioned, why should they if they can continue to make money off of their current games? When it comes down to it, Blizzard is a company. Their job is to make a profit. If they can make money by selling WC3, it makes sense. It's not like the game was terrible (please see next point).
  3. They haven't made a good game since Starcraft - I have to say Starcraft is still by far my favorite of the Blizzard games. Hands down, no question. I easily played 3000+ games online and I'm not joking, I just beat single player today after owning the game since 98.
    1. On the other hand, WCIII was not a terrible game. It was indeed a much different game than Starcraft though. Many people went to WC3 looking for a mass and kill game just like SC was. The game functioned from totally different mechanics. This disappointed many people into not wanting to bother playing it, myself included. When I first bought it, I threw it into my desk drawer shortly after for about a 4 year stint. I still haven't bothered to beat it. It's just too frustrating for me. However, at the same time, I know tons of people who loved it. It was obviously successfull in the market if they can still sell it for 30-40 dollars new. If people don't buy it, they'd drop the price.
    2. I also played Diablo 2 for quite some time. Only LoD and I never even played it single player. I had a blast with this game, despite the fact once you made it so far it was a photo copy of any MMO. You just grind for money and items. That's it. It gets old quick. The first few trips through the game and all of the new characters are a good time though.
    3. Now WoW. Oh where do I even begin? This game sucked up about 2 years of my life. Now as others have mentioned WoW has merit, but it also has tons of problems. The biggest problem I really had with the game was simply the amount of time required to have a good character on WoW. You could play for days and days and days and never get anywhere. Without a large group or good guild, you couldn't do anything. WoW is one of those games designed to suck your life away. It's like a casino. They design it to keep you online. You stay online, you keep paying them. That's how it works obviously. As someone above mentioned, it stole their soul. This is very easy for any MMORPG to do. So don't hate on Blizzard because you can't control yourself. UO from Origin Systems did the same thing to thousands of people. Video Games can be an addiction just like any other drug. It's a lot easier to cure though, sell your account and turn off your computer.
  4. Wow, point 3 went on a while. There's also much mention of Blizzard's online system just sucking. BattleNet blows, plain and simple. It always has. I hope it doesn't suck as bad for SC2. If it does, and if they charge a fee for it, I'm not buying. Sorry, but that'll take it one step too far. As I mentioned, WoW also had tons of server issues back some time ago. I'm not sure how things are today, but I hope they fixed them since I've quit...

Anyhow, I think I'm done cause I already wrote a short novel here. To say the least, I like Blizzard, but they obviously have plenty of problems. Oh, and I also can't stand anyone who raves about how one company is the best or one system is the best. They all have merits, they all have drawbacks. That's life. Ever heard of tolerance folks? :P

craigrut

1: That monthly fee is the standard monthly cost for the MAJORITY OF MMOs out there.. No one is forcing you to get the game, and it was said way earlier that it would have a monthly fee.. Furthermore why would they lower the fee? They have record install base, they have no reason to lower it.. I can only think its embittered little kids or people who don't like to pay money in general that could possibly hate blizzard for this.. Welcome to capitalism, a concept that many people seem not to understand..

2: Define original game.. Because most titles now a days are series that have been used sense the 90s in the big companies.. And the supposed "new series" are more or less a sequel with the same mechanics.. To me I on't understand this.. Their sequels are radically different with numerous game play mechanics etc.. To suggest a game like Diablo and Diablo 2 are similar is criminal.. Furthermore Blizzard either A) CONTROLS the entire niche genre (like Diablo) or creates a completely unique experience form others (like Starcraft/Warcraft 3) that we can not say its "unoriginal". To me I find this a stupid exggeration to a person that lacks rationale thought.

3: Well thats your opinion, but its not fact like your stating it.. Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, and Starcraft still have some of the largest communities.. All those games are raved by and they each define their respective genre.. When you see some one to recommend a RTS, people will say a blizzard game.. If some one asks for a rpg or a hack n slash rpg which Diablo pretty much defined.. A blizzard game will be mentioned.. As for WoW, you clearly don't like MMORPG's in general.. Because 99% of the time MMORPGs are EXACTLY what you describe them as, except you shoudl enjoy that getting stronger fact.

4: ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Battle.net pretty much REVOLUTIONIZED online systems for games.. Battle.net for what it is, is amazing.. You clearly havn't played awful systems such as gamespy.. oOnlines like the Relic system basically copied from online system.. You should be thankful that Battle.net was released or we may never have had such a streamlined community.. WoW's server issues are no worse than other mmo's out there, furthermore those WoW servers are keepign up the largest mmo population ou there...

This isn't to suggest that any one who dislikes blizzard is wrong, but these reasons are silly at best.

johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 johnmatthais
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
eh...i have to admit making their games Mac-accessible is a good thing i still haven't forgiven them for cancelling Starcraft Ghost though. and they have the money to resurrect it too =\
_Sundodger_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 _Sundodger_
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

Its the type of popularity that boders me. Ever wondered around Starcraft Online?

Their games community sucks, and there is nothing more annoying than blizzard fanboys, who like to praise how popular their favorite games are

Its simple logic, humans are mostly stupid people, popular games are popular because they please the mediocre mind, just like Warcraft 3 fans

Adrianstalker
Well obviously you're better and smarter than everyone else.
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts
I hate blizzard because their graphics in games hasent changed since 2001 also they stole my friends lives for a bit.
KrnDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 KrnDuDe
Member since 2004 • 1333 Posts
wat r u talking about Bilzzard is awesome!
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TrooperManaic
wat r u talking about Bilzzard is awesome!KrnDuDe
I personally didnt like it I played it and gave it a fair chance over 2 hours which is more then enough time to make up my minda and decided that it was just too boring.
arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
1. People always hate anyone/anything popular. 2. People love to get attention - so they hate/oppose something good for the sake of getting attention. 3. EA fanboys hate because EA couldn't takeover Blizzard, Activision did. 4. Many gamers are still kids, they don't have maturity to decide what is good, what is bad. 5. Console gamers hate because Blizzard doesn't make console games. 6. Many more hate them because they make money like greedy dog.
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TrooperManaic
1. People always hate anyone/anything popular. 2. People love to get attention - so they hate/oppose something good for the sake of getting attention. 3. EA fanboys hate because EA couldn't takeover Blizzard, Activision did. 4. Many gamers are still kids, they don't have maturity to decide what is good, what is bad. 5. Console gamers hate because Blizzard doesn't make console games. 6. Many more hate them because they make money like greedy dog.arijit_2404
NO! that is the most biased thing I ever heard please give that more thought. TECHNICALLY I dont hate blizzard but I dislike WOW because it doesnt appeal to me. What you are saying is that everyone should like blizzard and not have a opinion, and people hate popular things which is false. No one is trying to get attention they just speak their minds and hope people can releate though when some showboat goes into threads that obviously have a negative view about that particular game they got to make a big thing about it.
_Sundodger_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _Sundodger_
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts
I hate blizzard because their graphics in games hasent changed since 2001 also they stole my friends lives for a bit.TrooperManaic
[QUOTE="KrnDuDe"]wat r u talking about Bilzzard is awesome!TrooperManaic
I personally didnt like it I played it and gave it a fair chance over 2 hours which is more then enough time to make up my minda and decided that it was just too boring.

Blizzard's made a lot more games that just WOW.
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TrooperManaic
I notice that most of their games dont appeal to me I dont know if this makes me hate blizzard though they arent on my favs list AND ontop of that I have many popular games so dont say that I hate popular things.
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

Adrianstalker
even if the blizzard community isn't the best there is, i don't think it's a good reason to hate blizzard. it's like saying i hate the chef at the $200 meal restaurant because he serves people who are snobs.
PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts
1. People always hate anyone/anything popular. 2. People love to get attention - so they hate/oppose something good for the sake of getting attention. 3. EA fanboys hate because EA couldn't takeover Blizzard, Activision did. 4. Many gamers are still kids, they don't have maturity to decide what is good, what is bad. 5. Console gamers hate because Blizzard doesn't make console games. 6. Many more hate them because they make money like greedy dog.arijit_2404
Closed minded much?