Why did the PC game producers abandon the option of turning the camera using the keyboard ???

thiagorl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 thiagorl
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

Why has the PC gaming industry excluded the option to rotate the camera 360 degrees using the keyboard keys ??? This started about 12 years ago and until today game producers completely abandon this option in first person shooters and also in third person games, leaving only the option to rotate the camera using the mouse. I think that's a big flaw. I believe that just like me other people liked to use the keys to rotate the character during the game. I very much hope that producers will put that option back into the games.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Tournaments got us WSAD so I assume it did the same for mouse controls.

thiagorl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thiagorl

@Gaming-Planet: But the A and D keys do not rotate the camera 360 degrees. They only move the character to the left or right

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

It is a fluff feature, unnecessary, does not add anything to the game. Pretty much everyone* has a mouse as well.

I am all for a feature-packed product, don't get me wrong, but only if they have a purpose.

*I am sure there are a few disabled folks or people that like to make their life more difficult by using a keyboard instead of a mouse, but c'mon everyone has a mouse.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

There's no in-between on KB, its either 100% or nothing, and you can only move the camera in chunks at a time, with mouse you have freedom, its an analogue input.

thiagorl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thiagorl

@mrbojangles25: That is your opinion and I respect. But I do not agree with you. If you do not like using the keyboard to play there are other people who like. It does not cost anything more in producing a game to put this option to the players. That is my opinion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

@thiagorl said:

@mrbojangles25: That is your opinion and I respect. But I do not agree with you. If you do not like using the keyboard to play there are other people who like. It does not cost anything more in producing a game to put this option to the players. That is my opinion.

Yeah I guess I Came off a little strong haha.

Do arrow keys not do it anymore? It's been so long tbh since I have touch the arrow keys in anything but a hardcore flight sim, I wouldn't know. But even in WSAD setups the arrows keys would often control point of view control.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

Times are changing I guess.