which of the hitman series was the most entertaining???(POLL)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

8balllll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 8balllll
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
well i was looking for a new shooter, and i happen to run across a series of games (hitman series) which i have never played

and i just wondering which one of the series all of u guys thoguht was the most fun/entertaining, to help me decide which one to get
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

I just completed blood money last week and think it's the best in the series. It's a little short/easy but the levels and sound are awesome and it makes the most of the game-play ideas out of the previous games. As far as I'm concerned each instalment improved on the previous (often to a degree of making it obsolete even..).

It's not really a shooter though. Cool weapons and over-the-top rag-doll physics make it fun to blast your way through a level, but once you blow your cover the enemy AI will mostly just charge at you firing their weapons, making it pretty easy to wipe them out. The game is most fun and rewarding when you go for the silent assassin score, which basically means no witnesses and stealthy kills or "accidents" for the targets.

onuruca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 onuruca
Member since 2007 • 2881 Posts
contrats was boring blood money was great
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Blood Money
sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts

Blood Money....hands down. :)

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts

I liked Silent Assassin the most. Was the first one not in the poll because the third one is a semi-remake?

I hope that they completely re-work the game engine & A.I. if they ever make another one.

aceruber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aceruber
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
the important think is that i like the hitman games, will se about the movie if it will be a toatal mess,hope not ,they pict the wrong actor ,i would kill him so he can not put this legend to shame!!!
loismustdie47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 loismustdie47
Member since 2004 • 2368 Posts
I thought the first one, Codename 47 was the best, just because it was actually challenging unlike the others in the series which were just dumbed down for the n00b PC gamers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

Blood Money....hands down. :)sabru8

Agreed, really love this game

Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
Oops I meant to vote for Silent Assassin. It was longer than Blood Money hehe.
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
Codename 47, the next one bored me out of my mind
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58509 Posts

Blood Money should have gotten GOTY imo. I enjoyed it, and do enjoy it, oh so much.

There is an incredible amount of replayability as well. I think for each main target there must be atleast five different ways to take him or her out, not to mention all the "collateral" targets along the way.

There is also a decent plot to the game as well, told through good cutscenes and an awesome ending.

The Hitman series is definately a gem, but Blood Money is the best freaking one of them all.

SystemShock2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 SystemShock2
Member since 2003 • 4172 Posts
I honestly think that it goes bloodmoney>contracts>hitman 2. Hitman 2 is a great game, but there are so many sort of ai oddities that it annoys me. Like, you can't run around or the people will become very suspicious and then start shooting at you. They've all got their flaws though, but they're all great. Blood Money or Contracts are definately much more accesible though.
fuAWEckSOinMEg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fuAWEckSOinMEg
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Hm, that's a tough one, I'd have to say Codename 47, because like loismustdie47, I thought it was more of a challenge than any of the others. But, if you want my opinion, buy the pack off steam if they're still offering it, something like 30 bucks for all 3. =)

-edit-

yup, they still have it

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=283

xithrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xithrix
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts

There is an incredible amount of replayability as well.

mrbojangles25

hell yeah, i played it 2 time in the PS2 and a few more times in te PC...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts
Blood Money should have gotten GOTY imo. I enjoyed it, and do enjoy it, oh so much.

There is an incredible amount of replayability as well. I think for each main target there must be atleast five different ways to take him or her out, not to mention all the "collateral" targets along the way.

There is also a decent plot to the game as well, told through good cutscenes and an awesome ending.

The Hitman series is definately a gem, but Blood Money is the best freaking one of them all.mrbojangles25

Thats exactly why i love Blood Money the most, for each target there is so many ways to kill them. And that added a lot of variation and replayability to the game. I also thought the storyline was well thought out, it actually was interesting and told through convincing cutscenes and dialogue. I also liked the levels aswell, my personal favourite being the rehab clinic which i found to be the most interesting since for the targets you had on that level there was so many innovative ways to kill them.

I can't help but look forward to a Hitman5 sometime in the future, i hope they consider it as a project after Kayne and Lynch is done.

error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts
blood money was amazing, the ending is the best so I would recommend that.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts
Silent Assassin was probably the best in the series, but Blood Money has some of the best level design and the most gameplay options. I'd have to pick Blood Money, in terms of pure entertainment.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Silent Assassin. I can't say Blood Money because the demo had a linear level which doesn't make me happy.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

The Hitman series is definately a gem, but Blood Money is the best freaking one of them all.

mrbojangles25

True.

I really can't think if that many games then hitman where i never really have stopped playing it since its realease. When i have no games to play i always find my self loading blood money up again and just messing around in the game.

Plus this game has the best ending i've experienced in a video game.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts

Silent Assassin. I can't say Blood Money because the demo had a linear level which doesn't make me happy.GodLovesDead

That was just the tutorial. The real game is as non-linear as the rest of the series.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Silent Assassin. I can't say Blood Money because the demo had a linear level which doesn't make me happy.Planeforger

That was just the tutorial. The real game is as non-linear as the rest of the series.

My bad then. I was just caught off guard with that.

DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
The ending in Blood Money put it way above the other games. Silent Assassin was still pivtol though.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Bloodmoney for sure.

So much replay value. I cant even tell how many times i replayed the vineyard level. Best level ever. I have a perfect path where i dont get spotted once, and kill 1 target with injection and other with a wellplaced shot to the head. It never gets old.

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts
Silent Assassin was my favorite...I just loved the atmosphere of cold war Europe, great storyline and the music was killer !
BurnThisCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 BurnThisCity
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
Blood money! I just don't like how he had to kill that little bird in one of the cutscenes towards the end of the game :(
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
Blood Money FTW
Siim538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Siim538
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hitman 2 for its story and lenght.
shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
Blood Money, then Silent Assassin. One thing that I've got against the Hitman series though is that the AI can be really dumb at at times, and unreasonably smart at other. Let's hope they'll fix em in the next game.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I thought the Hitman Codename 47 and Blood money were the best of the genre.

The first is difficult and you needed to know what you were doing, that also makes it very rewarding when you complete a level.

Blood money has a great story, a grand variation of Levels, much more freedom to take down your targets.
Don't let the first level throw you off, it's just the tutorial.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
Blood Money had one of the best (alternate) endings I've ever played in a game.