Which games do you feel are overshadowed by popular titles like call of duty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sundayismyDAD
Member since 2008 • 438 Posts

I think that great games like hitman are overshadowed for sure.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Assassin's Creed III is one of the popular titles that's overshadowing everything.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts
Yep sure, list three AAA titles from big publishers! What a joke! I thought this was going to be a place to get the word out about smaller shooters/indie projects, but its more "I hate CoD, I love Ubisoft etc"
timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

I don't think games like MW3 or BLOPS2 get enough coverage. Call of duty is bad, you should try blops.

sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sundayismyDAD
[QUOTE="creaturemagic"]Yep sure, list three AAA titles from big publishers! What a joke! I thought this was going to be a place to get the word out about smaller shooters/indie projects, but its more "I hate CoD, I love Ubisoft etc"

Can someone suggest a few titles in that time period that I just named.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

All of them...

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#7 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Other full featured FPS games. And retail games releasing close to Call of Dutys November release window.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

Need for Speed still exists?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
klonoa klonoa o wait i actually doubt call of duty has anything to do with that
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Need for Speed still exists?

jakes456
Criterion is making a new NFS: Most Wanted. Looks like a fusion of NFS and Burnout.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

games that copied COD's mp style gameplay.

Avatar image for i_saw_a_mudcrab
i_saw_a_mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 i_saw_a_mudcrab
Member since 2007 • 1015 Posts

any game without a multi-million marketing campaign

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 creaturemagic
[QUOTE="sundayismyDAD"][QUOTE="creaturemagic"]Yep sure, list three AAA titles from big publishers! What a joke! I thought this was going to be a place to get the word out about smaller shooters/indie projects, but its more "I hate CoD, I love Ubisoft etc"

Can someone suggest a few titles in that time period that I just named.

You mean the same era that AC3 is set in? Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars, Napoleon Total War, and I'm sure there are more!
Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Popular games will never overshadow indie games and smaller studio-made games for me ... I actually prefer an idie title than some AAA big-as* project that offers nothing innovating to me ...

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 creaturemagic

Popular games will never overshadow indie games and smaller studio-made games for me ... I actually prefer an idie title than some AAA big-as* project that offers nothing innovating to me ...

Code135
This! This 100000000000000000000000000 times!!! I always check the indie genre on Steam etc when looking to buy a new game. There's a few big studios (Valve, Creative Assembly and Hi-rez) who's games I enjoy, but for me Indies really beat EA and companions 10:1 (Note I'm still looking forward to GW2 and PS2) but they are MMO's, indies don't do MMO's (If they did, well damn we would have some innovative MMO's)
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
ppl overhype indie games so much
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
LOL those three games in the title are all horrible. You can't make them look any worse than they are. I would honestly rather play Call of Duty 18 or whatever than to install one of those you listed. Call of Duty destroyed so many good games, the Battlefield franchise being one of them.
sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sundayismyDAD
LOL those three games in the title are all horrible. You can't make them look any worse than they are. I would honestly rather play Call of Duty 18 or whatever than to install one of those you listed. Call of Duty destroyed so many good games, the Battlefield franchise being one of them.SKaREO
I think that you mistaken. Hitman requires skill and thought to play, Assassin's Creed is not as good but it is a better game than Call of Duty, and Need for Speed is still better than Call of Doody.
kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kraychik
Member since 2009 • 2433 Posts
[QUOTE="creaturemagic"]Yep sure, list three AAA titles from big publishers! What a joke! I thought this was going to be a place to get the word out about smaller shooters/indie projects, but its more "I hate CoD, I love Ubisoft etc"

Well said.
Gamr2723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Gamr2723
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

I think comparing these three completely different style of games is unfair, they should not be lumped into this type of vote, but to endulge this question since the Call of Duty games have such large advertising budgets, the mightly dollar can and does cast a large shadow. There are so many incredible games that don't get the exposure or advertising like the franchise name "Call of Duty" that to me over the years have really stoold out. I'll list just a few:

1) Mount & Blade, developed by a husband and wife duo, these three titles, Mount & Blade, Warband, and now With Fire and Sword, are sadly some of the best kept secrets of the PC gaming world, overshadowed by the massive advertising strength of games like Call of Duty. 2) Just Cause, 1,2, these games are imense in their scope, and offer hours or great gameplay, yet not many have even given them a try. 3) Flatout, 1,2, (for a racing series of games), another was Grid, and now a recent release GasGuzzlers. 4) For first person shooters, Sniper Elite, an older title that most people have never played or heard of, but yet the gaming community lists it as the best sniper game ever created. Another is Vietcong, also a great sleeper that those have played it know what I am talking about. 5) As Indie games go, Limbo, and To the Moon, these have to be two of the best new games I have ever seen or played, yet not many have ever heard of these as well.

Yes the call of Duty Games are great, I personally have every one and do enjoy them, but there are so many incredible games you may have missed, 1) because you never heard of them 2) because they did not have a huge advertising campaign.

rem_game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 rem_game
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

I think, that all these call of duty games really hit hard to the delta force franchise. Everyone just forgot about it, even though I would also blame novalogic for making Xtreme 2 such a mediocre game.

timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
[QUOTE="SKaREO"]LOL those three games in the title are all horrible. You can't make them look any worse than they are. I would honestly rather play Call of Duty 18 or whatever than to install one of those you listed. Call of Duty destroyed so many good games, the Battlefield franchise being one of them.sundayismyDAD
I think that you mistaken. Hitman requires skill and thought to play, Assassin's Creed is not as good but it is a better game than Call of Duty, and Need for Speed is still better than Call of Doody.

Not really, if you simply want to finish the missions running in shooting is incredibly easy.