Where can I get the Half Life 2 Cinematic Mod?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

I've been tryin to get for a couple days, but none of the downloads seem to work. The official page has two links to official torrents, but neither of the links work. Half of the other official downloads don't work, and the rest require signing up at some other website. Even the links on Moddb for the older version don't seem to work. Where can I get this? Or are all the downloads actually working, and there's something wrong with me?

#2 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24617 posts) -

the torrent links are fine
http://cinematicmod.com/downloads/torrents/FAKEFACTORY_CM11_FINAL.torrent(11 base)
http://cinematicmod.com/downloads/torrents/CM11_to_CM11.35.torrent(update)

just have to right click > save link as

of course the mod is bleh
the art style is ruined the more versions he created
especially the characters

sure you can disable the characters except it's anoyying and not as simple as you'd hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBk7eEjqGQ#t=1m50s

does this really look that appealing? sur it rooks nice technically, but I don't think it looks like half life and the textures don't seem to blend with each other that great.

also music is replaced for no reason

#3 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Aha. I was just clicking the links. Thanks.

Anyway, I'm really not sure if I'm gonna like it, but I just finished Black Mesa, and I wanna play the Half Life 2 games again now, in order, but I've played all of them a bit very recently, and I just want something to make it more fresh. We'll see. I think I probably will turn off the new character models, but whatever. I just want to check it out.

#4 Posted by FelipeInside (28545 posts) -
Does this one work? http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/63473 It's the version 11 Final one from AusGamers. Now for those who have played it....is it EASY to INSTALL?
#5 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Thats one of the ones i tried last night, and the download didn't seem to want to start. i got one of the torrents going now, though, at a decent pace. i'll post back here once i try it out. im hoping it'll be like any other source mod and just install into that folder, and open through steam.

#6 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24617 posts) -

Thats one of the ones i tried last night, and the download didn't seem to want to start. i got one of the torrents going now, though, at a decent pace. i'll post back here once i try it out. im hoping it'll be like any other source mod and just install into that folder, and open through steam.

the_bi99man
yeah it is its own mod, it shows up in steam.
#7 Posted by FelipeInside (28545 posts) -
[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

JigglyWiggly_

So just install, open Steam and it shows up like Black Mesa? I'm asking cause I have the same plan. When I finish Black Mesa I'm gonna replay HL2, but it would be cool to replay it with this mod since it changes so many things that it's like playing a new game.
#8 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24617 posts) -
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

FelipeInside

So just install, open Steam and it shows up like Black Mesa? I'm asking cause I have the same plan. When I finish Black Mesa I'm gonna replay HL2, but it would be cool to replay it with this mod since it changes so many things that it's like playing a new game.

yes
#9 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Okay, so, others who are thinking about getting the latest Cinematic Mod, be warned. It's huge. You'll need about 9 gigs for the zip files containing the installer, another 9 gigs to unpack the installer, plus 29.5 gigs for the decompressed install. At least that's what the installer told me. It's still going, and I'll check to see if the actual install folder ends up that big.

#10 Posted by FelipeInside (28545 posts) -

Okay, so, others who are thinking about getting the latest Cinematic Mod, be warned. It's huge. You'll need about 9 gigs for the zip files containing the installer, another 9 gigs to unpack the installer, plus 29.5 gigs for the decompressed install. At least that's what the installer told me. It's still going, and I'll check to see if the actual install folder ends up that big.

the_bi99man
Holy Hell !!! Keep us updated/.
#11 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

the torrent links are fine
http://cinematicmod.com/downloads/torrents/FAKEFACTORY_CM11_FINAL.torrent(11 base)
http://cinematicmod.com/downloads/torrents/CM11_to_CM11.35.torrent(update)

just have to right click > save link as

of course the mod is bleh
the art style is ruined the more versions he created
especially the characters

sure you can disable the characters except it's anoyying and not as simple as you'd hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBk7eEjqGQ#t=1m50s

does this really look that appealing? sur it rooks nice technically, but I don't think it looks like half life and the textures don't seem to blend with each other that great.

also music is replaced for no reason

JigglyWiggly_

I agree, the art style looks very unappealing with cinematic mod. Too much bloom, and yeah, the textures look randomly thrown together in some parts. Like all he cared for is texture resolution.

Characters are horrible.

#12 Posted by FelipeInside (28545 posts) -
^^ Love how people are bagging this guy. He's dedicated endless hours to make an old game look top notch and fresh and asking for ZERO $$$ in return, yet people criticize him for some things. You guys go ahead and create that mod better than him and then come back and talk.
#13 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Yup. It actually is that big. It was just over 27 gigs at first, but after using the character pimper to enable all the HD models, it had to copy those and came out to 29.5 gigs. Just started a new game. Looks pretty good, so far. I'll have some screenshots for the screenshot thread soon.

Also, maybe it's just a change with this version, but it doesn't actually open through steam. It installs into the sourcemods folder, and uses assets from the other games, in the main steamapps folder, but the Readme very specifically says to open with the shortcuts it installs in the start menu, and it didn't show up in my steam games library. Also runs without steam on, and without the overlay.

#14 Posted by FelipeInside (28545 posts) -

Yup. It actually is that big. It was just over 27 gigs at first, but after using the character pimper to enable all the HD models, it had to copy those and came out to 29.5 gigs. Just started a new game. Looks pretty good, so far. I'll have some screenshots for the screenshot thread soon.

Also, maybe it's just a change with this version, but it doesn't actually open through steam. It installs into the sourcemods folder, and uses assets from the other games, in the main steamapps folder, but the Readme very specifically says to open with the shortcuts it installs in the start menu, and it didn't show up in my steam games library. Also runs without steam on, and without the overlay.

the_bi99man
Which link worked for you?
#15 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24617 posts) -

the_bi99man

i think you have to restart steam

it's been a while, but i am pretty sure it shows up on steam

and to felipe, he said he used the torrents I posted above.

#16 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Yup. I used the torrent jiggly linked to. Also I only bothered with the first one for now. CM11. Didn't get 11.35. Anyways I'm posting a few screenies in the screenshot thread in a minute.

#17 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

^^ Love how people are bagging this guy. He's dedicated endless hours to make an old game look top notch and fresh and asking for ZERO $$$ in return, yet people criticize him for some things. You guys go ahead and create that mod better than him and then come back and talk.FelipeInside

I appreciate the effort he put into this, I just don't agree with some of the design choices and it's my personal opinion that the results doesn't look that appealing to me.

Doesn't mean the whole mod is crap. Just nothing for me.

#18 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24617 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Love how people are bagging this guy. He's dedicated endless hours to make an old game look top notch and fresh and asking for ZERO $$$ in return, yet people criticize him for some things. You guys go ahead and create that mod better than him and then come back and talk.Ben-Buja

I appreciate the effort he put into this, I just don't agree with some of the design choices and it's my personal opinion that the results doesn't look that appealing to me.

Doesn't mean the whole mod is crap. Just nothing for me.

it's techniucally amazing

i just dont like his art style

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#19 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

^^ Love how people are bagging this guy. He's dedicated endless hours to make an old game look top notch and fresh and asking for ZERO $$$ in return, yet people criticize him for some things. You guys go ahead and create that mod better than him and then come back and talk.FelipeInside

Doesn't mean he's immune to criticism.

#20 Posted by FelipeInside (28545 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Love how people are bagging this guy. He's dedicated endless hours to make an old game look top notch and fresh and asking for ZERO $$$ in return, yet people criticize him for some things. You guys go ahead and create that mod better than him and then come back and talk.seanmcloughlin

Criticism is fine, but words like horrible I think is over-reacting a bit. The characters look great, it's just like a re-imagining of the Universe.... like a movie "reboot".
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#21 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Love how people are bagging this guy. He's dedicated endless hours to make an old game look top notch and fresh and asking for ZERO $$$ in return, yet people criticize him for some things. You guys go ahead and create that mod better than him and then come back and talk.FelipeInside

Criticism is fine, but words like horrible I think is over-reacting a bit. The characters look great, it's just like a re-imagining of the Universe.... like a movie "reboot".

If they find them horrible than that's their personal tastes. Just cos he put a lot of effort into it and doesn't charge doesn't mean people can't say what they want about it. If people think parts of it look horrible than that's their choice. He's not gonna please everyone with one mod anyway

#22 Posted by FelipeInside (28545 posts) -
For some reason the torrent link doesn't work for me. I can download the torrent file, but in the torrent client it never starts. All the other links are too slow and too risky.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
#23 Posted by deactivated-58b6232955e4a (15594 posts) -

You shouldn't use it since it ruins that atmosphere of the game.

^^ Love how people are bagging this guy.

He's dedicated endless hours to make an old game look top notch and fresh and asking for ZERO $$$ in return, yet people criticize him for some things.

You guys go ahead and create that mod better than him and then come back and talk.FelipeInside

I need that drawing of the guy taking a dump and someone's plate and then telling them they can't complain about it since it's free.