Where are my CounterStrike screenshots?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

So, I'm just took a bunch of screenshots while playing CS (og CS, not source or GO), using the game's built in screenshot button (F5 by default). But, I can't seem to find where those screens are saved. I have CS on steam, from the bundle with Source and GO. I found the game's install folder in steam, but it didn't seem to have the screens anywhere, and it doesn't have a folder in "my documents" or anything. Anyone know where they are? Or should I just stick to using Fraps next time?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Right-click on the game in the Steam list, and click "View Screenshots". Then, click "Show on Disk" to open the directory where your screenshots are held.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_bi99man

Not there. I wasn't using the Steam screenshot function. Using the one that's built into the game. It's the same one I use for CS Source, since fraps doesn't want to work for some reason, and I don't really like the steam screenshot system. Pressing F5 with Source puts screenshots in a folder inside the install folder, and original CS has the same button in the keybinds list, and it definitely seems to be doing something, judging by the brief hitch on the screen when I press it. Just doesn't seem to have the same folder like CS source does.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
should be in the counter-strike steam folder. Then go to cs folder (or counter-strike) > screenshots
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

It's suppose to be in your steamapps>your user name>counter strike> and the images should be there.

Make sure your config file is correct.

Go to your cstrike folder, open up config.cfg, then, you should see;

bind "F5" "NAMEOFBIND"

make it to,

bind "F5" "snapshot"

save it, restart CS

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_bi99man

Hm. Config file is right. That folder just isn't there. And I definitely took a bunch of screenshots eariler. Whatever. I'll use fraps.

On another note, why does CS GO hate the F10 key? I was just trying to take screenshots with fraps in Global Offensive, and the game just closes right to desktop as soon as I press F10. Tried turning the Steam screenshot function back on, set it to F10, still closed when I pressed it. Checked the keybinds, F10 isn't set to anything.