When oh when is DirectX 10 update coming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58a78a043e9d4
deactivated-58a78a043e9d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-58a78a043e9d4
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts
I "recently" (a month ago) bought Windows Vista and tried out some of my games, Besides the fact that most of them didn't work even with XP compatibility, The Godfather etc. I was very impressed when I ran Flight Simulator X. However it isn't nearly as good as it should be. In fact it's not much better than DX9 on XP. So will the updates be available with the April DirectX update. Possibly but I doubt it'll really unlock much of the power.
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ChocoKat
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts
A DX10 Company of Heroes patch was suppose to be released this past March. I have searched and found no new updates.
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
A DX10 Company of Heroes patch was suppose to be released this past March. I have searched and found no new updates.ChocoKat
They cancelled the patch, and are in fact adding DX10 with their next expansion, which is supposed to come out this Autumn.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
[QUOTE="ChocoKat"]A DX10 Company of Heroes patch was suppose to be released this past March. I have searched and found no new updates.AlbertE-
They cancelled the patch, and are in fact adding DX10 with their next expansion, which is supposed to come out this Autumn.

Indeed they are.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
[QUOTE="ChocoKat"]A DX10 Company of Heroes patch was suppose to be released this past March. I have searched and found no new updates.AlbertE-

Will they add DX10 into the vanilla game when the expansion comes out, or just cancel it altogether?
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
[QUOTE="AlbertE-"][QUOTE="ChocoKat"]A DX10 Company of Heroes patch was suppose to be released this past March. I have searched and found no new updates.Funkyhamster

Will they add DX10 into the vanilla game when the expansion comes out, or just cancel it altogether?

No clue, but I assume you'll have to buy the expansion.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
[QUOTE="Funkyhamster"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"][QUOTE="ChocoKat"]A DX10 Company of Heroes patch was suppose to be released this past March. I have searched and found no new updates.AlbertE-

No clue, but I assume you'll have to buy the expansion.

You'll most likely require the expansion to recieve the engine update. (Perhaps, similar to the High Definition pack with Half-Life & Blue Shift).
Avatar image for deactivated-58a78a043e9d4
deactivated-58a78a043e9d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 deactivated-58a78a043e9d4
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts
There are a few games that will have direct3d10 integrated but for games that are already released we're screwed until Microsoft can get on with it. Directx april 07 update is out now, well sort of. I checked it out but it's still february. should be available tomorrow and hopefully with a d3d10 update. The SDK has had Direct3D 10 updates for ages but they're so rubbish that even on vista they run on reference. Sucks.