When does Alienware 14 with series 800m launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

Razer blade just released their new 14 inch laptop with a GTX 870M and semi-4k screen. If Razer Blade can pack so much punch in a 14 inch machine, Alienware can probably beat them by a good margin. I haven't have had a decent PC for a very long time, and since I'm more of a laptop-than-desktop person, could someone tell me if Dell will release such a model and when will it come out?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Soon my friend, soon.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

They most likely will but I'm going to be that guy that says do not buy a dell(Alienware). I will never recommend their products for the simple fact you can all ways find the equivalent for at least $200-$500 cheaper by other brands.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@ribstaylor1 said:

They most likely will but I'm going to be that guy that says do not buy a dell(Alienware). I will never recommend their products for the simple fact you can all ways find the equivalent for at least $200-$500 cheaper by other brands.

Yes, you can buy a quality brands for cheaper prices such as MSI, Asus and Lenovo

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

What's a semi-4K screen?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeryGo  Moderator

@horgen123: 2.5k?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@horgen123: 2.5k?

Then semi-4K has been around for a long time? When will we see semi-8K monitors? :P

TC if ask this forum, the general tone will be that Alienware is overpriced.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LordTrexGuy

@PredatorRules said:
@ribstaylor1 said:

Yes, you can buy a quality brands for cheaper prices such as MSI, Asus and Lenovo

I've tried searching for a Lenovo or MSI, but the best I've come across is a Lenovo with 4702MQ and 740m, which is trash for playing games, and it wasn't 1080p. For MSI, I've not found a single one with a quad core above 2 Ghz and something in the 700 series. Buying online is not a choice for me, or I'd have got one by now. Alienware gives me a 2.4 Ghz QC with 765m and 1080p, with an eye-catching design and cool lighting as an extra. Admittedly it IS overpriced, but it is really hard to find another 14" laptop with so much power over here.

@horgen123 said:

What's a semi-4K screen?

Razer Blade's new laptop goes up to 3200x1800 which isn't really 4k, but I just made up the name. I think it is also called Quad HD, but don't take my word, I've been console gaming for the past 7 years and don't know anything higher than 1080p :P.

@FelipeInside said:

Lol I do wish that I had a rig as powerful as yours, but desktop isn't really an option for me right now because I've to take a computer to the institute, but when I'm done there and the bucks start flowing in...

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@LordTrexGuy said:

@PredatorRules said:
@ribstaylor1 said:

I've tried searching for a Lenovo or MSI, but the best I've come across is a Lenovo with 4702MQ and 740m, which is trash for playing games, and it wasn't 1080p. For MSI, I've not found a single one with a quad core above 2 Ghz and something in the 700 series. Buying online is not a choice for me, or I'd have got one by now. Alienware gives me a 2.4 Ghz QC with 765m and 1080p, with an eye-catching design and cool lighting as an extra. Admittedly it IS overpriced, but it is really hard to find another 14" laptop with so much power over here.

If buying online isn't option for you and they don't sell updated hardware on MSI, Asus and Lenovo brands then it's a shame because you can go with excellent 15' 755M SLI or 860M gaming laptops for about 1000-1250$ and for a 1500$ a beast GTX770M with 17' screen

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordTrexGuy

@PredatorRules said:

@LordTrexGuy said:

@PredatorRules said:
@ribstaylor1 said:

If buying online isn't option for you and they don't sell updated hardware on MSI, Asus and Lenovo brands then it's a shame because you can go with excellent 15' 755M SLI or 860M gaming laptops for about 1000-1250$ and for a 1500$ a beast GTX770M with 17' screen

Anything above 14 inch is out of the question, or I'd have bought such a beast by now.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Why even come on here and ask the internet for help then? If buying online isn't an option then we can offer you no help, seeing as you need to purchases this item in person at a store. Well good luck with that. Have fun trying to find something that isn't $300-500 dollars overpriced on a store shelf. If I were you I'd have one of these retailers or computer stores order one in for you then just pay them for it. Why waste so much time looking around store to store when they can just order you one or you can just order one yourself like everyone else does. I'm sure some computer shop would do it some where if you throw them a 50 or so.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordTrexGuy

@ribstaylor1 said:

Why even come on here and ask the internet for help then? If buying online isn't an option then we can offer you no help, seeing as you need to purchases this item in person at a store. Well good luck with that. Have fun trying to find something that isn't $300-500 dollars overpriced on a store shelf. If I were you I'd have one of these retailers or computer stores order one in for you then just pay them for it. Why waste so much time looking around store to store when they can just order you one or you can just order one yourself like everyone else does. I'm sure some computer shop would do it some where if you throw them a 50 or so.

You're insanely retarded to even bother posting here. I just asked when the next line of Alienware 14' comes out, and never asked anyone to help me buy a computer and neither did I never even ask for your advice. Try reading before you reply kiddo. I'm fine with overpriced, as long as it's the best in it's league.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GeryGo  Moderator

@LordTrexGuy said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

You're insanely retarded to even bother posting here. I just asked when the next line of Alienware 14' comes out, and never asked anyone to help me buy a computer and neither did I never even ask for your advice. Try reading before you reply kiddo. I'm fine with overpriced, as long as it's the best in it's league.

If price is not an obstacle, the next gen MSI laptop is going to be extreme overpowered with super light weight.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordTrexGuy

@PredatorRules said:

@LordTrexGuy said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

If price is not an obstacle, the next gen MSI laptop is going to be extreme overpowered with super light weight.

The thing is, they've only a fetish for Razerblades here. You know, I said price is not an obstacle here but when it comes to Razerblade, I draw the line. Alienware 14' gives a 765m and a 1080p screen with an optical drive. The Razerblade has a processor 400 Mhz slower, no optical drive, a 900p screen and the same video card, fitted into a 17' laptop, all for around $500 more. The better choice is obvious here. MSI is almost non-existent, and the ones they sell here are only 17 or 18'. There are also no MSI service centres here, and MSI is a company I don't prefer over Alienware. So I'll stick with Alienware until I find an MSI which gives me more bang for my buck.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GeryGo  Moderator

@LordTrexGuy said:

@PredatorRules said:

@LordTrexGuy said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

The thing is, they've only a fetish for Razerblades here. You know, I said price is not an obstacle here but when it comes to Razerblade, I draw the line. Alienware 14' gives a 765m and a 1080p screen with an optical drive. The Razerblade has a processor 400 Mhz slower, no optical drive, a 900p screen and the same video card, fitted into a 17' laptop, all for around $500 more. The better choice is obvious here. MSI is almost non-existent, and the ones they sell here are only 17 or 18'. There are also no MSI service centres here, and MSI is a company I don't prefer over Alienware. So I'll stick with Alienware until I find an MSI which gives me more bang for my buck.

Sure thing, again it's sad there's no variety in your local stores, reminds me of my country lol.