Whats this Graphics Card?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A3trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 A3trix
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
My computer completly sucks and I honestly don't know anything about the hardware itself like what all it has on... but I have been wanting to buy some new PC games but they arerequire different graphics cards. WTF are these? What do you recommend?
is0lati0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 is0lati0n
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
What kind of games do you want? If you want heavy games, like Crysis, Call of Duty 4, or Bioshock, get the 8800GT/S/X. If it's low like Half-Life, Counter Strike, or WoW, get the 7800GT/S/X.
TheJGene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheJGene
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
Hmm I'm not too sure, but perhaps I should start polishing my troll bat....
champmanfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 champmanfan
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts

Use Everest Home Edition to find out your basic PC parts, CPU speed, RAM amount, GPU type and go from there & maybe even do a few upgrades if your a fast learner. Get the 8800GT or GTS for the nVidia route or the 3870 for Ati.

Also run 3DMark06 to see how you fair & post back your results. I would say you need to score 10,000+ to play Crysis. You can play Call of Duty 4 since it very tweakable to play on most PCs when you lower the detail levels or just let the game do it for you.

Also check out the sticky thread if you need help on a game you've decided but are still unsure if you can run it.

Topic: PC Game Requirements 2 - Ask

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts
Hardware topics belong is PC Hardware, transported at no additional costs to the TC :)
theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 theragu40
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts
You'll have to be more clear on what you mean by "completely sucks". We can help you once we know all your specs.
Xtraflo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xtraflo
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
google CPUZ and run that. It's a completely free program that tells you basically everything you'd need to know bout ur PC. Very self explainable and event tells u the brand of ur MOBO, GPU, CPU, / FSB speeds and RAM etc.
A3trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 A3trix
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
Can someone explain how to find out CPU, my current graphics card, RAM, etc. I don't mess around with any of the technical stuff.
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 sabbath2gamer
Member since 2007 • 2515 Posts

Can someone explain how to find out CPU, my current graphics card, RAM, etc. I don't mess around with any of the technical stuff.A3trix

google cpuz download it (its free) and show us your screenshots and specs

theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 theragu40
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts
Can someone explain how to find out CPU, my current graphics card, RAM, etc. I don't mess around with any of the technical stuff.A3trix
No offense man, but the post directly above yours tells you *exactly* what to do. Not good enough for you?