What will be the best fps on the pc this year out of cod 4,ut 3 or crysis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pd1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pd1000
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

what game do you want the most this year?

Durkoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Durkoki
Member since 2007 • 353 Posts
Crysis definatly looks awesome, but my PC can't handle any of those games.:(
badgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 badgert
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts
Crysis FTW!
portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
Team Fortress 2
DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts

Team Fortress 2portujoel5

"out of cod 4,ut 3 or crysis?"

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts
Crysis definatly looks awesome, but my PC can't handle any of those games.:(Durkoki
lewl me too. no plans on doing anything about that, either. PC gaming so not worth it to me anymore
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
i'll be getting all 3
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#8 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
Crysis.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

unreal tournament 3 is a dead game to me, i see utterly no reason to consider buying it thanks to tf2

call of duty 4 seems great from the demo, but it's still just cod2 in a different font - while that means it's succeeding one of the best fps games ever made (imho!!!!!!!!!!), playing a recycled version of a classic doesn't really get my blood pumping - sure it will be great, just nowhere near as impressive as cod2 was

crysis i'm in two minds about - on the one hand, i consider crytek a tech developer more than a game developer, i thought farcry was somewhat mediocre - certainly not bad, just... flawed... especially once the mutants show up

crysis looks better in just about all ways, though... there are a lot of tools that enhance the natural sandboxiness of the cry style - which should certainly be a good thing, aliens are cooler than mutants, and of course utterly nothing needs to be said about how good the game looks

really, i think i have to side with crysis if only for the wysiwyg editor... that just changes everything for me

solid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 solid_mario
Member since 2005 • 3144 Posts
Crysis definatly looks awesome, but my PC can't handle any of those games.:(Durkoki
Ditto, bit of a nightmare aswell. Might just stick with my css.
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts

My predictions...

COD4 - Same old same old COD2 but not set in WW2 and will get great reviews but to the rest of us seem a big letdown because it's not evolved at all apart from graphics wise. The Demo didn't impress me at all and i wont be buying it, also the multiplayer of the COD series never has been good.

UT3 - While it has nothing wrong with it, the game just is UT04 with better graphics and i feel why would i waste my money on somethign i've already played, i don't care about graphics.

Crysis - The MP will suck as much arse as FarCry did, judging on the MP beta. However the single player will be decent enough but will be abit bland and lack art direction like farcry and crysis screenshots do.

IMO theres only been one good PC FPS this year and that's been HL2: episode two. I know episode one sucked but Episode two just seemed to do the story sooo much better and tbh you can't beat Half-Lifes Sound effects.

Out of them three however it's hard to say seeing as all three of them disappointed me so far, but Crysis will probably be the best single player and UT3 be the best Multiplayer.

lrrydaqcumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 lrrydaqcumber
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
ut3 ftw
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

WOW, this thread seems to have went right over somebodies head. :roll:

@TC: I voted Crysis.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts
I hate most FPSs, but I like the Call of Duty series
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts

out of those, Crysis. but the best FPS this year is TF2

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

i honestly thought that TF2 was disappointing. It was good, but I ended up actually enjoying the UT3 demo more.

anyways, Crysis probably

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
I voted Crysis, the MP is amazing and judging from previews and game play videos the SP will be even better. I'm about to pre order from the EA store so i'll see how it plays tommorow :)
howiesfunware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 howiesfunware
Member since 2003 • 197 Posts

I just finished HL2: EP2 and I'm currently playing Clive Barker's Jericho.

Too many great games! I'm overwhelmed.

GranTurismo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GranTurismo123
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts
wow, im surprised by this. I thought it would be cod 4 or ut3, mainly because we have already tasted a reasonably playable demo/beta of both those games. I am really looking forward to Crysis, but i already know what to expect from Ut3 and i love it, so im definately picking that up, and COD4 is really just all other COd games with some modern combat thrown into the mix. So i am going to have to say its a tie between Crysis, and UT3, and COD 4 defiantely looks awesome to, but i dont think at the same level as Crysis and UT3.
ElvisNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ElvisNixon
Member since 2003 • 551 Posts

I don't get the votes either. Unless they keep delaying the release, Crysis will not look or run like they market it unless you have dual high level GPU's-- something only a small percentage of peeps have.

Call of Duty 4 vote is odd because COD 2, the last COD PC release, wasn't highly regarded. UT2k4 was highly regarded, on the other hand. COD4 is also a very narrow-themed game compared to UT3. UT3 will be the swiss army knife of FPS, and will have a slew of mod and map building tools, massive mod community, and a large number of game types. It will have much more "game" for the dollar, IMHO. Two years from now, people will be releasing all new mods and game types.

Also, the UT3 graphics engine pretty much sets the standard in terms of performance-looks ratio.

Basically, the distinction between the two games is that COD4 will probably be a good game to play for short periods of time as a distraction, UT3 will probably be the game I would play most days, and compete on the ladders with.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

Crysis will not look or run like they market it unless you have dual high level GPU's-- something only a small percentage of peeps have.

ElvisNixon

Wrong! dual GPUs to play the game how you see it in videos? lol, how about you can max this game on a GTS. Stop being ignorant people.

jediclone66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jediclone66
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

Crysis will be the big game out definetly get that, ut 3 kinda blows. my rig:

Intel core 2 extreme qx6700

Vista ultimate x64

2 gb dominator 1066 mhz

the 8800 ultra extreme edition

and a whole lotta wired

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
The only one I haven't played is Cod4, but using what I can to make it judgment, Crysis will be the clear winner. It's a fun game.
OkuLaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OkuLaris
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts
Eventhough, I might get all 3 eventually. Crysis is still at the top of my list.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Crysis would be my top choice

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
Half Life 2 Ep 2.
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

unreal tournament 3 is a dead game to me, i see utterly no reason to consider buying it thanks to tf2

call of duty 4 seems great from the demo, but it's still just cod2 in a different font - while that means it's succeeding one of the best fps games ever made (imho!!!!!!!!!!), playing a recycled version of a classic doesn't really get my blood pumping - sure it will be great, just nowhere near as impressive as cod2 was

crysis i'm in two minds about - on the one hand, i consider crytek a tech developer more than a game developer, i thought farcry was somewhat mediocre - certainly not bad, just... flawed... especially once the mutants show up

crysis looks better in just about all ways, though... there are a lot of tools that enhance the natural sandboxiness of the cry style - which should certainly be a good thing, aliens are cooler than mutants, and of course utterly nothing needs to be said about how good the game looks

really, i think i have to side with crysis if only for the wysiwyg editor... that just changes everything for me

mfsa

Not for me tho. I love TF2's looks but I hate the gameplay. I have been playing the UT3 demo over and over I cant wait for that game.

docmarionum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 docmarionum1
Member since 2004 • 101 Posts
Bioshock.
Arch649

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arch649
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

Unreal Tournament III FTW, though I'll get all 3

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I guess UT3
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

HL2: EP2

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

Well, we all know COD4 and UT3 are going to be great...We know the developpers and the games they made before. Crysis may be First or last in my opinion...Couldn't tell with the beta if the game with good or not, it was simply unplayble on my X2 4200 athlon, 3 gb ram, and 8800gts...I hope the demo in 2 days will reassure me... I think far cry was awesome but sucked on the multiplayer side. That's where crysis will have to prove itself...(and on the optimisation)

Bla blabla, basicly don't know yet, if i had to bet it would be COD4...Or crysis, or ut3 Seriously don't know

(probably one of my dumbest post ever...)

9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
UT3
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

Crysis or UT3. Crysis looks to have outstanding singleplayer and the multiplayer looks really great too (but we'll have to wait for the full game to decide of course) but then UT3 just has plain awesome/fun multiplayer (what it's known for) and they said they want to deliver to the sp crowd too so we'll see how that goes.

And as for COD4, well I played the demo and it felt exactly like COD2 (not that that's a bad thing tho) just with a new setting. And to tell the truth, i prefer the WW2 setting so that's just my opinion. But COD4's multiplayer looks sooooo kick@$$! if they released JUST the mp for COD4 for like $20, i'd almost definitely pick that up.

But looks like I'll just be getting Crysis on the 13 and UT3 on the 19.

monsterbegok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 monsterbegok
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

in my opinion, i'd prefer crysis as my 1st choice, it gives us a newgameplay and awesome graphics that never we se before. CoD, if you have play the CoD 2, you'll know that the CoD 4 just the remake( in another place and another new weapon) but the gameplay and surround its still same, but i still love CoD series lol.

anyway this is my opinion, other people may have another perception

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts
who here is psychic?, how thw hell can anyone know what games is gonna be the best before there even out?
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
Didn't someone make this exact poll about a week ago?
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

who here is psychic?, how thw hell can anyone know what games is gonna be the best before there even out?iwilson1296

I'm psychic. Just thought I'd let you know...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

CoD4 - A visually appealing FPS set in a modern day setting and style of warfare that i think a lot of people will enjoy as most FPS games have a habit of sticking to WW2 or futuristic settings. However the gameplay is very similar to CoD2 and while CoD2 was a great game, and CoD4 looks like one, it seems the devs are just following a gameplay style that worked before and hope it will work again. Which may be the games biggest drawback to players who have already played previous CoD games.

UT3 - A visually upgraded version of the previous games in the series, new style and look to it but it has the same core gameplay. However compared to both UT2k3 and UT2k4 the game is a nice refreshing change as it has the same feel to it that the old UT'99 had, which is in no way bad at all!. However with TF2 released i already have my online FPS game of the year so i will probably only buy UT3 at somepoint long after its release.

Crysis - A revolutionary looking game with a lot of hype about it, personally i think the game will excel at being a great visual experience for players compared to anything we've seen before. However i have some worries that the gameplay itself might not be any different to what we've already seen and experienced before in FPS games. The premise for the games setting and storyline could be a success or a failure, as personally i find including large alien robots etc to be a little B-movie-ish, but thats just my opinion.

Overall i have a feeling that CoD4 might be the best FPS this year because it may feel like CoD2 but that is in no way a bad thing as CoD2 was great. Aswell as the fact the games graphics look bloody awesome, specifically explosive and particle effects which look really great. That and the game seems to be optimised pretty well so more people will be able to play and enjoy it. Unlike Crysis which is going to force a number of people to either upgrade or buy a new PC to run it on anything above medium settings. I think Crysis's biggest drawback is going to be the fact that to play the game you'll probably need to upgrade, which is an added cost that most people won't want to pay this time of year. Especially when you have games like UT3, CoD4, BioShock, OrangeBox etc that can all run on mid-end of the market PC's.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts

UT3, while not a cash in, seems to be a pretty predictable sequel. It's basically exactly the same thing as they've done three times before but with better graphics. They really have to start doing some bold moves soon because they just can't release an UT4 with exactly the same guns and the same shoutcaster lines/taunts.

CoD 4 will probably be a really well made game but still quite predicable. Scripted war games were cool 2002, however good the game might be I'd be sad to see it be the best FPS of 2007.

Crysis looks really interesting, even when you look beyond the graphics, but it has a ton of things to deliver on and who knows if they pull it off. In my opinion though, it's by far the most evolutionary FPS of the year, they're trying to do new stuff woho!

ninjadxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 ninjadxt
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts
crysis
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I'm not even slightly interested in UT 3 but I'd have to put COD4 and Crysis neck and neck for most anticipated FPS.
*mono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 *mono
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
ghost26ie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ghost26ie
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
will definitely get all 3, really looking forward to crysis though.
F4ll3n_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 F4ll3n_1
Member since 2005 • 1263 Posts

Ive gone for crysis because;

a)CoD4 was an awesome demo, but its still pretty standard stuff

b)I played the UT3 demo, and Im ashamed to say it cos i was so hyped for this game; I didnt like it very much at all.

Ney_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ney_
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts
Getting all 3 but the one I'll be getting first is UT3, which also had my vote.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#47 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
Crysis got the 98% score in PC gamer. :D
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
I can't decide between Crysis and COD4, I loved both the demo's.
UT3 was kinda lame, IMO. Sure, he hoverboard is fun, but I recall having a copy of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 somewhere for my PS1. :)
OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
UT3 will be the best multiplayer shooter of the year, while Crysis will be the best single-player. Hardly even the same genre, in my opinion. I can't see CoD4 topping either of them, though I'm sure it will be a solid game.