what will a 50hz tv do to games that run at 60fps?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dave-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dave-90
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

will the quality on games be reduced? if the tv can only do 50 frames and the game can do 60, will ten frames be knocked off the final picture? I'm buying my first lcd tv and it looks perfect, but this is the only issue I am worried about, I want to get the best picture for games, but cant afford a 100hz tv right now.

any help is appreciated cheers

ps the tv is a sharp aquos lc32le600e

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
What games are you trying to play? Are you using a PC or a console? Most console games run at 30 FPS (CoD games are the only exception off the top of my head). Either way, it will output at 50 FPS max, which isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. You might notice a slight difference between 50 FPS and 60 FPS if you have really sharp eyes, but it shouldn't even come close to ruining the gaming experience.
Dave-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dave-90
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

yeah itl be ps3 mainly. So 50hz should be fine for gaming? in the long run though would it be wise to future proof the tv by maybe getting one with a faster framerate, or are games going to run at 60fps for a long time

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

yeah itl be ps3 mainly. So 50hz should be fine for gaming? in the long run though would it be wise to future proof the tv by maybe getting one with a faster framerate, or are games going to run at 60fps for a long time

Dave-90
Framerate isn't a standard that rises as technology improves, it just tells you the number of frames that are drawn per second. To give you a comparison, movies/TV run at 24 FPS, most console games run at 30 FPS and CoD games run at 60 FPS. A decent gaming PC can run games at higher than 60 FPS, but it's practically impossible to discern the difference past 45 - 50. I'd say base your decision on whether or not you will keep the TV on personal experience rather than numbers. If you like it, why go through the trouble of returning it and getting a new one for a few extra FPS?