What now should I upgrade?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I can't seem to decide what to upgrade next now. The things on the list are pretty much after thoughts with low priority, since the important parts have already been taken care of for some time.

-A dedicated sound card? I have only a set of computer 5.1 speakers with me. I'm not one of those audiophile who spend thousands on home theatre grade speakers for their computer.

-Maybe a new CPU cooler? I can certainly push a few multipliers with a better cooler, but I'm not really the type who overclock without the need for it.

-Maybe a Phenom II x6 1090T? With luck I may be able to actually notice some gaming performance difference. No harm dreaming.

-Get another 4GB memory? I'm somewhat curious about running Crysis, Metro 2033 and maybe Shattered Horizon all in windowed mode and play them via alt-tab. I mean, what else does a gamer need another 4GB for?

-A better looking set of keyboard and mouse? I'm still using a traditional set of Logitech white keyboard and mouse, which haven't failed me for years. Still, their colour is kinda standing out from the rest of my build.

-A Mac? My carpet has been mistreated for a long time, having to bear a heavy HAF 932 upon it day and night. Maybe I should buy a Mac so that it may serve as a stack for my case? I will probably need two 17 inch MacBook Pro for that, HAF 932 is kinda big.

I can always use good suggestions or new ideas.

Toy_Machine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Toy_Machine_
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts

Wow, dude I dont know, but you should have a good cooler.

kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kaitanuvax
Member since 2007 • 3814 Posts

Get it an anniversary gift.

darron504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darron504
Member since 2009 • 87 Posts

Def. get a mac, your poor carpet must be crushed. :P

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Na don't upgrade that should last you at least 5 yrs. Just get a better cpu cooler and mouse and keyboard and maybe a 2nd 1tb hard drive just incase.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

My vote goes to the mac. Save your carpet.