What is the worst sequel?

Posted by warmblur (2330 posts) 10 days, 20 hours ago

Poll: What is the worst sequel? (4 votes)

Crysis 2 75%
F.E.A.R. 2 25%

Both of these sequels are major downgrades compared to their first game for you what is the worst sequel?

For me it has to be F.E.A.R. 2 it's practically the definition of a PC series that got consolized from weak weapon sounds to horrible art direction they ruined the slow mo with the stupid glowing effect. I always wonder why does everything in this game glow so much? it's like Monolith got really deep into the raving scene or some shit when they made this game. Everything in this game was a huge disappointment and downgrade it's been 10 years and I still feel cheated out of a true sequel to F.E.A.R.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
#1 Posted by PfizersaurusRex (1230 posts) -

The first Fear never really grabbed me, so it's not that big of a deal to me. May Payne 3, though, is a different story. They should have simply made a reboot instead of ditching the entire concept and just selling the name. Vietcong 2 and Stronghold 2 also come to mind, mostly because the first games were so memorable.

#2 Posted by urbangamez (3481 posts) -

crysis 2, it ruined a franchise, almost ruined a developer and marked the decent of a publisher, EA, into madness.