What is the most fun mmorpg for now ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fannaix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fannaix
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

1. World of Warcraft
2. Final Fantasy XIV : Realm Reborn
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
5. Lord of the Rings Online
6. Everquest 2

I just bought wow and play it for awhile. there are only repeatity step, first get quest, kill x number of monster, collect x number of items and get another quest.

someone say the real wow begin when you reach level cap.

from the list above, have anyone ever play those game? is it better than wow?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

1. World of Warcraft
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
6. Everquest 2

I just bought wow and play it for awhile. there are only repeatity step, first get quest, kill x number of monster, collect x number of items and get another quest.

fannaix

This thread has potential..... Assuming you are not trolling, and any good troll is not an obvious one so you could be....

All MMO's have this type of leveling, the one that hides it the best is Guild Wars 2. Saying that, Guild Wars 2 is the opposite of WoW, the leveling is great, the end game not so much. If you enjoy the pvp you can play GW2 forever, if not then you will at least have enjoyed your time leveling. There are other things to do as well, you just have to find it out for yourself, it is not presented to you on a plate like WoW is.

As for are any "better" than WoW, there is no such thing. "Better" when it comes to MMOs is all about the person's taste playing them at the time. Someone who hates WoW can love GW2 and vice versa, some people love them all. Some will argue WoW is the best no matter what anyone else says.....I imagine he will be here shortly....

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="fannaix"]

1. World of Warcraft
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
6. Everquest 2

vfibsux

This thread has potential..... Assuming you are not trolling, and any good troll is not an obvious one so you could be....

All MMO's have this type of leveling, the one that hides it the best is Guild Wars 2. Saying that, Guild Wars 2 is the opposite of WoW, the leveling is great, the end game not so much. If you enjoy the pvp you can play GW2 forever, if not then you will at least have enjoyed your time leveling. There are other things to do as well, you just have to find it out for yourself, it is not presented to you on a plate like WoW is.

As for are any "better" than WoW, there is no such thing. "Better" when it comes to MMOs is all about the person's taste playing them at the time. Someone who hates WoW can love GW2 and vice versa, some people love them all. Some will argue WoW is the best no matter what anyone else says.....I imagine he will be here shortly....

inb4unrealtrollWoWisgodpost

i enjoyed WoW but its horribly broken in terms of account security and getting to the end game might as well be climbing mount everest, most dont continue after level 68 b/c those last 2 levels to 70 are grrr. from there its not so bad but between 1-85 good luck finding anyone playing your content at around the same time. whole chunks of the map are just flatout uninhabitted. i remember trying to level in outlands *shudders*.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Some say the level cap is when the game begins... Yes... Unfortunately this is the case with many mmorpgs. But then again, you shouldn't expect miracles. At highest level you'll be repeating these kind of quests daily. You'll fly looking for ingredients. You'll spend countless of hours doing the same instance and raids over and over. And once you got that super rare you just spent 300 hours getting, only a few months later it will be oudated with new updates and you'll spend 300 hours getting a new rare item only to have that one replaced.

Unfortunately, WoW is a very empty game when leveling. Because of this mentality that nothing before level cap matters, people will rush as fast as they can, they won't respond in the chat and the instances will be GO GO GO GO NOW STRESS MORE STRESS COEM ON FASTER NOOB FASTER. Assuming there'll even be people since many zones are just about completely empty...

Your best bet would be FF14 since it hasn't been released yet. Once it's new, all people will start out low levels and therefore when you are leveling, the world around you will be alive and you'll actually find people to interact with. I also get the feeling that there is gonna be a lot of grouping in FF14 because many will probably coming from another mmorpg-background (FF11). As far as I know though, FF14 features duelling but no other PvP.

GW2 is kinda fun as well, too lazy to write bout it.

EverQuest 2 I don't know....

Also come on ionusx... The account security is fine and surely you cannot be complaining about WoW's leveling speed being slow....

fannaix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fannaix

From information that all of you provide give me more clarity

Guild Wars 2 is not focus on PVE , It is design for PVP, if I want PVE mmorpg i should avoid it.

other games sitll have main content that concentrate on PVE.

for me RPG that i like is Final Fantasy Series, I expect that some mmorpg that i list above have some similarity to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

1. World of Warcraft
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
6. Everquest 2

fannaix

All of those games above follow the same formular but have little distinct differences. so yes, there is lots of questing. 
GW2, FFXIV and LOTRO online offer nice story cutscenes and quests to break it up abit HOWEVER do rely heavily on questing, some GW2 fans here will tell you its different on GW2 but its not... just you don't have to accept the quests, so dont buy the hype nonsense in that respect.

World of Warcraft however has the all-round best gameplay of any MMO, this is hard to dispute objectively, since it manages to do PVE/PvP very well. The questing is ironically better than all the others on the list *now*, most of the other games including GW2's quests don't hold a candle to the modern zones of World of Warcraft and its remade areas.

As regaurds to "the real game is the endgame"

yoshida the current FFXIV producer states it best, a full lenght article on the games concept design and why WoW's way is the highway. You have to realise that players like yourself are new and throwing you into the competitive content at low levels is not the way to go. think of 1-level cap as the smei-single player story element of the game. then as he puts it "After the credits, difficult persistant content is there to challenge the hardcore players"

So at level cap you have 25 man raids, and the PvP elements of RPG's are balanced around final level better than lower levels (too many variables to do it across all levels)..

Yes, leveling on MMO's can be quite the reptitive task.... no disputing that. but I argue SP RPGs are the same... all I ever do is go into a dungeon kill mobs that never come back for some cutscene, same stuff.... just alot more often in MMOs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
If you like Final Fantasy then its a no brainer, hell look at my signature, thats a party limit break, a Dragoon using Omnislash (or Cross Slash + Bravar) Monks get Final Heaven from Tifa, Black Mages get meteor ect. Its slower paced than the other MMO's though due to being both a PC and Console RPG, and its more "Traditional" its well polished but MMO gamers that want action MMORPGs will not like it. if you are ok with slower paced games then I highly reccomend. The producer as mentioned above is like nothing else from a MMO Dev studio ....hes open about everything and alot gets fixed, feedback is highly regarded. Its a shame GW2 didn't do this because then that game would be the "Highest rated MMORPG" and actually deserve it. DISCLAIMER: I often can be seen as "Hater of GW2" its not quite the case, the game had massive potential, but sadely the development team are in a world of their own and the free2play aspect limits their ability to add STELLAR permanent content.... such a shame. FFXIV will be in open beta in about 4 weeks anyone can join.
fannaix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fannaix

If you like Final Fantasy then its a no brainer, hell look at my signature, thats a party limit break, a Dragoon using Omnislash (or Cross Slash + Bravar) Monks get Final Heaven from Tifa, Black Mages get meteor ect. Its slower paced than the other MMO's though due to being both a PC and Console RPG, and its more "Traditional" its well polished but MMO gamers that want action MMORPGs will not like it. if you are ok with slower paced games then I highly reccomend. The producer as mentioned above is like nothing else from a MMO Dev studio ....hes open about everything and alot gets fixed, feedback is highly regarded. Its a shame GW2 didn't do this because then that game would be the "Highest rated MMORPG" and actually deserve it. DISCLAIMER: I often can be seen as "Hater of GW2" its not quite the case, the game had massive potential, but sadely the development team are in a world of their own and the free2play aspect limits their ability to add STELLAR permanent content.... such a shame. FFXIV will be in open beta in about 4 weeks anyone can join.MBirdy88

Your signature is looking great.

but if gameplay of ffxiv are slower than other mmrpg. it got to make player more hook inti its story.

is there any mmorpg that look like or have similar thing as tales game series?

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Best MMO RPG those days is RIFT by far superior PVE and excellent PVP...  Second by him is Guild Wars 2(very lack of endgame content)  and third is World of Warcraft,....

Dont feed the trolling of Unreal, he will post soon about supremacy of WoW.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I've been slumming it in WoW lately. Those Pokemon like pet battles are addicting.
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#11 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

WoW is the undisputed champion since 2004.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vfibsux

[QUOTE="fannaix"]

1. World of Warcraft
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
6. Everquest 2

MBirdy88

All of those games above follow the same formular but have little distinct differences. so yes, there is lots of questing. 
GW2, FFXIV and LOTRO online offer nice story cutscenes and quests to break it up abit HOWEVER do rely heavily on questing, some GW2 fans here will tell you its different on GW2 but its not... just you don't have to accept the quests, so dont buy the hype nonsense in that respect.

World of Warcraft however has the all-round best gameplay of any MMO, this is hard to dispute objectively, since it manages to do PVE/PvP very well. The questing is ironically better than all the others on the list *now*, most of the other games including GW2's quests don't hold a candle to the modern zones of World of Warcraft and its remade areas.

yoshida the current FFXIV producer states it best, a full lenght article on the games concept design and why WoW's way is the highway. You have to realise that players like yourself are new and throwing you into the competitive content at low levels is not the way to go. think of 1-level cap as the smei-single player story element of the game. then as he puts it "After the credits, difficult persistant content is there to challenge the hardcore players"

So at level cap you have 25 man raids, and the PvP elements of RPG's are balanced around final level better than lower levels (too many variables to do it across all levels)..

Yes, leveling on MMO's can be quite the reptitive task.... no disputing that. but I argue SP RPGs are the same... all I ever do is go into a dungeon kill mobs that never come back for some cutscene, same stuff.... just alot more often in MMOs.

For spouting a bunch of opinions it sure looks like you are trying to pass them off as facts. And No one said GW2 does not feature that type of questing, they just do well at disguising it.

And for everyone else trying to do the same regarding WoW.....if you are having a contest as to the most successful yes WoW is #1, but there are still plenty of people who think it sucks as well. It is all opinion, the best is up to the dude behind the PC at the time. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

[QUOTE="fannaix"]

1. World of Warcraft
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
6. Everquest 2

vfibsux

For spouting a bunch of opinions it sure looks like you are trying to pass them off as facts. And No one said GW2 does not feature that type of questing, they just do well at disguising it.

And for everyone else trying to do the same regarding WoW.....if you are having a contest as to the most successful yes WoW is #1, but there are still plenty of people who think it sucks as well. It is all opinion, the best is up to the dude behind the PC at the time. 

What... do you just go out of your way to try and combat me? you fail hard. what is opinion in there? oh the gameplay part about WoW? statistically it IS. I dont care about you or my opinion on it... I dont even play anymore.
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
Ultimately it depends on what you're looking to do. If you're looking for more raiding/PvP/End-game type stuff WoW and Rift would be the games. If you're looking for a game where most of the meat is prior to the level cap Lord of the Rings Online and to a lesser extent Guild Wars 2 are the games for you. If you want a decent mix Guild Wars 2 would be the game, though I didn't find it to really excel in either regards.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I'm playing rift and now that it is free to play and the servers are full it's a lot of fun.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vfibsux
[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

MBirdy88

What... do you just go out of your way to try and combat me? you fail hard. what is opinion in there? oh the gameplay part about WoW? statistically it IS. I dont care about you or my opinion on it... I dont even play anymore.

Not at all dude. You brought in the GW2 stuff that I threw out in my first post and called it nonsense. You said "World of Warcraft however has the all-round best gameplay of any MMO, this is hard to dispute objectively" which is basically discrediting anyone who disagrees this OPINION by implying they are bias. Am I wrong? If I am my bad, but that is how it looks to me.
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
none of them are good, they all suck right now. The fact that WoW is still the top speaks volumes in terms of how well the genre has moved along, even Eve which I tried to get into has amazing everything besides gameplay. MMO's just don't have good gameplay yet.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

the best mmorpg you can play is Ultima Online on a player ran server

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
When you stare into The SKINNERBOX, the SKINNERBOX Stares into you.
CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

GW2 was a bit different other than that I haven't played a MMORPG for a while they lose my interest quick

Google Search  Google Translate  Wikipedia  Search YouTube  Search Amazon  Share Share:Google+FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditEmail  
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I have been enjoying the crap out of GW2. The lack of fetch quests has me jumping with glee. LOTRO and Age of Conan are others that I played and they are nothing but fetch and kill this that quests. GW2 does have that as well, no denying it, but I find the way they approach it is much more enjoyable.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vfibsux

I have been enjoying the crap out of GW2. The lack of fetch quests has me jumping with glee. LOTRO and Age of Conan are others that I played and they are nothing but fetch and kill this that quests. GW2 does have that as well, no denying it, but I find the way they approach it is much more enjoyable.

soolkiki
Exactly, it disguises it so you don't feel like it is a fetch quest, which in my opinion is just as good as not having them at all.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
There is none atm. I am waiting on FF14, until then, single player games.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Fun and MMORPG doesn't even go in the same sentence for me i've played alot of MMOs including WoW, GW2, and many others It just always ends up being a bad time.
Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

I've played quite a few MMO's myself and just started WoW for the first time a few weeks ago.  Leveling is pretty easy but I find it more enjoyable than the others I have played....definitely plays the best IMO.

Others I have tried:

SW:TOR - was decent but got boring fast

The Secret World - meh...

Everquest 2 - played this years ago during it's peak, was an addict for a few years

Rift - pretty good, I need to play it more sometime

I know there's a few I'm forgetting...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Flubbbs
If they made a full 3D emmersive Ultima Online type experiance... that would be it for theme park mmos for me.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

I've been slumming it in WoW lately. Those Pokemon like pet battles are addicting.Allicrombie

LOL

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

MBirdy88

If they made a full 3D emmersive Ultima Online type experiance... that would be it for theme park mmos for me.

yup thats what im hoping for one day

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

1. World of Warcraft
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
6. Everquest 2

fannaix
WoW is the only good MMO. everything else is garbage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="fannaix"]

1. World of Warcraft
3. Guild Wars 2
4. RIFT
6. Everquest 2

buccomatic
WoW is the only good MMO. everything else is garbage.

:lol: good one. oh your serious.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

I would say WOW atm, but thats not saying much, Im waiting for FF realm reborn. It looks like it is going to be fantastic going join open beta ASAP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Best MMO RPG those days is RIFT by far superior PVE and excellent PVP...  Second by him is Guild Wars 2(very lack of endgame content)  and third is World of Warcraft,....

Assimilat0r
I havent tried the rift expansion, I played rift a few months after release didnt care for it much then, is it better now?
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Star Wars and DC Universe are better than all of those listed.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vfibsux

As you can see opinions many.....you're just going to have to try them.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

[QUOTE="Assimilat0r"]

Advid-Gamer

I havent tried the rift expansion, I played rift a few months after release didnt care for it much then, is it better now?

One of best Expansion out there, i would compare it with WoW's Burning Crusade.   2x more content Expansion have then Vanila + they added a lot more new systems which are very interesting.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Star Wars and DC Universe are better than all of those listed.

Deadpool-n

Despite its flaws, SWTOR improved a lot compared to launch.Not recommend for PVP, but its PVE is really good imho.