This topic is locked from further discussion.

nazokxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nazokxx
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts

what happened to pc games? now its all about finishing the game asap and making money, it seems most game companies have stopped caring about quality and the costumers.and imo if this trend keeps up for a couple of years then the pc will die :(. your thoughts?

BlackStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BlackStalker
Member since 2004 • 719 Posts
Yet another uninformed "PC is dieing" thread. My thoughts: No.
Anthony9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Anthony9000
Member since 2006 • 2173 Posts

what happened to pc games? now its all about finishing the game asap and making money, it seems most game companies have stopped caring about quality and the costumers.and imo if this trend keeps up for a couple of years then the pc will die :(. your thoughts?

nazokxx

how could the pc die? pcs are used for offices, the government, security etc. not just for games.....

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
[QUOTE="nazokxx"]

Anthony9000

how could the pc die? pcs are used for offices, the government, security etc. not just for games.....

Hence the name of every other thread: PC Gaming
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Stop getting so damn defensive. "OMG HE SAID PC GAMING MIGHT DIE?! /reply NO ITS NOT SHUT UP". He has a valid point so stop with your stupid replies if it's not actually moving the discussion forward. Anyways, I am going to agree that PC Gaming is taking a huge hit and is doing much worse than it used to be. Many experienced PC Gamers (such as I) don't play PC Games anymore because good games stop coming out. The only possibility of PC Gaming staying ahead of console gaming is if well-developed games such as Crysis become the norm.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts

nazokxx

I don't think it's a problem. We get some good games and we get some bad ones. The world will not end.

BlackStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlackStalker

Stop getting so damn defensive. "OMG HE SAID PC GAMING MIGHT DIE?! /reply NO ITS NOT SHUT UP". He has a valid point so stop with your stupid replies if it's not actually moving the discussion forward. Anyways, I am going to agree that PC Gaming is taking a huge hit and is doing much worse than it used to be. Many experienced PC Gamers (such as I) don't play PC Games anymore because good games stop coming out. The only possibility of PC Gaming staying ahead of console gaming is if well-developed games such as Crysis become the norm.GodLovesDead

You stop posting "stupid replies that dont move the discussion forward" because you have no idea what you are talking about. Look around and read for one second before jumping to idiotic conclusions.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Stop getting so damn defensive. "OMG HE SAID PC GAMING MIGHT DIE?! /reply NO ITS NOT SHUT UP". He has a valid point so stop with your stupid replies if it's not actually moving the discussion forward. Anyways, I am going to agree that PC Gaming is taking a huge hit and is doing much worse than it used to be. Many experienced PC Gamers (such as I) don't play PC Games anymore because good games stop coming out. The only possibility of PC Gaming staying ahead of console gaming is if well-developed games such as Crysis become the norm.BlackStalker

You stop posting "stupid replies that dont move the discussion forward" because you have no idea what you are talking about. Look around and read for one second before jumping to idiotic conclusions.

What are you talking about?!

Uhhhh....maybe you're the one who should read again. He just stated that games on the PC are getting much more rushed and less developed. And in the end he thinks PC Gaming might die in his opinion if developers keep it up. Yet you just read "PC..Gaming...Die?" and you just instantly reply with a "NO" response. How about add some reasoning. The thread isn't based around the idea that PC Gaming will die but that games are getting worse.

Hence the title "What Happened?" referring to what happened to well-made PC games. Jeez, I shouldn't have to explain a simple concept like this =\

BlackStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BlackStalker
[QUOTE="BlackStalker"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Stop getting so damn defensive. "OMG HE SAID PC GAMING MIGHT DIE?! /reply NO ITS NOT SHUT UP". He has a valid point so stop with your stupid replies if it's not actually moving the discussion forward. Anyways, I am going to agree that PC Gaming is taking a huge hit and is doing much worse than it used to be. Many experienced PC Gamers (such as I) don't play PC Games anymore because good games stop coming out. The only possibility of PC Gaming staying ahead of console gaming is if well-developed games such as Crysis become the norm.GodLovesDead

What are you talking about?!

Uhhhh....maybe you're the one who should read again. He just stated that games on the PC are getting much more rushed and less developed. And in the end he thinks PC Gaming might die in his opinion if developers keep it up. Yet you just read "PC..Gaming...Die?" and you just instantly reply with a "NO" response. How about add some reasoning. The thread isn't based around the idea that PC Gaming will die but that game are getting worse.

Where is his reasoning for games being rushed? Only a few ports and very few titles can be concidered rushed. He stated that the pc gaming world is getting worse and that it will die. Wheres his reasoning for that? What games are getting worse? It's been slow the last couple of months due to software and hardware upgrades, but this Q3/Q4 there will be quite a few epic games released. If you guys looked around the forum for one second, you would have seen a list of highly anticipated games stated for the next couple of years. The list is huge. People have been saying "PC GAMES ARE GETTING WORSE ZOMG!!" for the last 5 years. If he scanned the forum for even a second he would have found countless threads with the same idea. His opinion is completely illogical because not only does he not back his words with anything, but everything he stated is incorrect. You agreeing with him, makes your opinion flawed as well. Wheres your reasoning to back the opinion up?

bob9999999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bob9999999999
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts
Calm down everybody... PC gaming won't die, but thats no reason to flame anyone. People need to stop being so defensive on BOTH SIDES. Can't you guys have a discussion without using the word "idiot" to elequently make your case? Let's use facts not insults. Otherwise this just becomes another stupid argument about nothing.
Precyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Precyse
Member since 2007 • 487 Posts
I haven't been a pc gamer only for very long about 2-3 years so the games in the past haven't caught my attention. But from what I can tell there are a lot ofgames coming to the pc some are on other platforms as well, some were pc only then went to the consoles, some were consoles only then went to pc. I agree some were rushed and poorly optimized it kind of seems like some devs didn't really care about there product and lets face it the gaming industry isall about the money lookatthe games that are on the multiplatforms the devs and publishers put out their games for every platform they can becauseits money in their pocket as long as they can reach as many as possible. A large part to blame is on the devs and publishers for not making more games either exclusive or available also onthe pc. And not making the most out of their games as possible, seems almost as though they are lazy about doing their work. They could utilize the **** out of dx 10 and multi cpu's, gpu's that could make the consoles look like what they are outdated. However look at the console games coming out not too many good ones infact not reallyany that would constitute me buying either a 360 or ps3 except mgs4. On the bright side if a game is made for the 360 or ps3 there's a good chanceof itcoming to the pc. What devs have to do is take advantage of the tech availble for the pc the real next-gen tech which isonly available for the pcand start churning out games that will convince other gamers tobuy pcs (supply and demand). And devs also have to be willing to patiently learn about the new tech and educate themselves to make better games most are happy working with less technical systems(the consoles)cuz there easier to develop on them.
crimson_axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 crimson_axe
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

I don't think PC gaming is dying really. I mean, it's not a matter of if Consoles have better games or if PC has better games. For me, it has nothing to do with any of that since a platform doesn't constitute whether a game is successful or not. What constitutes a successful game is the quality of the gameplay and vision at launch. Not 2 months after launch with the first patch - at launch.

No, the biggest thing that really bothers me about PC games is convenience. I'm tired of installing, uninstalling, upgrading, downloading, and all the rest of that crap. I'm just tired of it. I want to sit down, put the game in, and not have to worry about optimizing my graphics settings, fix the sound settings, spend 30 minutes configuring my controls.... it just get's bothersome when you go through the same process with every single new game. And then, to make matters worse - games are so short these days.... you spend an hour getting it to operate, and then it's over 10 hours later.

Which leads me to my point. MMO's, as far as I'm concerned, are really the only reason one should ever bother with a PC. They are the only genre of games that for one, can't be successfully duplicated on a console, and two have the gameplay longevity to merit spending all that time and effort just to get it to run correctly. Now if they could just make one good one....

xXSN1PERXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 xXSN1PERXx
Member since 2007 • 309 Posts

hmmm i dont know it looks like they did a little bit o hard work with crysis... just a little lol

also i wouldnt worry now the birth of DX10 has arrived so will a new on slaught of awesome games

greyholiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 greyholiday
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

Hello

I both agree and disagree with you. However, the PC crisis is not as bad as everyone believes in my opinion.
Let me give you an allegorical reason as to why.

Speaking of movies as an example, people think of the "Great Oldies" of the golden era. From Casablanca and Mary Poppins to 2001 a space odyssey and planet of the apes, and so on and so forth. However, what people fail to realise is that there was just as much crap in those days that people have forgotten. There are some truly terrible films made in that era, but people only see the Bad Boys 2 of today and all those Jerry Bruckheimer movies which are the film equivalent (IMO) to the games you complain of today.

So let me give you an example in game terms, in 1993, Ufo: Enemy Unknown was released. Fantastic game, and thus people remember it, and other brilliant games from the 386/486 era like theme park and Wolfenstein and Cannon Fodder. Furthermore there were truley innovative games which failed due to poor interfaces and so on, such as Robinson's Requiem. This shows that innovation and brilliance did exist then, yes.

However, there were also a lot of poorly produced games such as Narco Police, or Isle of the Dead, Suburban Commando (based on the equally bad hulk hogan movie), these games most people haven't even heard of, and were hard for I to remember, and I've been playing those games since I was six. which hilights my point. The only game anyone remembers is the one they enjoyed. I'd be willing to bet that the ratio of quality innovation to poor imitation is about equal. I mean, read up on Spore, that's the most creative thing I've ever seen on a computer, and it looks freakin' awesome.

Furthermore, there's another correlate between the film industry and the games industry. At the moment they're going through a phase whereby they're depending on established franchises and game dynamics. It only takes time for a true innovator (Spore, Assassin's Creed IMO) to break convention and encourage innovation.
There's my rant, a C+ essay at best..

xbxman82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xbxman82
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
AMENBROTHER AMEN i seriously doubt pc gaming is going to die just because a couple of games dont live up to the hype and if anybody is going to bring the demise to pc gaming it is us the gamers yes i said it US we are so critical about are games that we dont enjoy them no more my god i beat a game in ten hours was that experiencing everything that game had to offer or where u just rushing through it people we need to quit worrying bout graphics and focus on what really matters is if the game is fun **** look at japan there games are great do they have the highest graphics powering them no why cause they dont care bout if this guy looks like he would if he was a real person they go for the graphics that they like which is simple and that works hell look at the PS2 how many of us still play it compared to the 360 or PS3 a lot we grew up on doom and wolfenstein i still play those games today and they are as fun as when they came out along with the quake series minus quake 4 not mentioning right now i totally agree that pc games should be like console games ya put the game in the drive and done no installing then ya get the typical error 401 error graphics card not metmemory not met"WTF" I hate that i might be new to the pc scene but i love my pc games just as much as the next guy bottom line here people is WE ARE SPOILED I'LLSAY IT AGAIN WE ARE SPOILED u want to know how i know when we brag about what kind of graphics card we have my first pc was a ibm ps1 with windows 3.1 stop laughing when i got that computer i thought i was the man then i found out that it only had 4mbs of ram :cry: and then i felt like this computer sucks face it games are going up on the console side and people are turning to the pc side so as far as pc's going under in a couple years i doubt it we need to stand up people and quit complaining bout a game lasting only ten hrs and we need to help this indusrty email these companies and tell them what works and what doesnt we make these companies nobody else in the fact that if they come out with a game that is ten hrs long email them and say hey w want more to this game we have pc's people they will listen we keep these companies in business quit worrying bout that big budget and give that a other game a chance now that i play on the pc im enjoying rts games couldnt stand them before now that i gave them a try i love them and this topic has been around for years from music to the pc omg the pcs going to die uh no look at all the pc accesories that are out there gaming kb/m and better sound cards etc.etc.etc. nuff said