What games are these

#1 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

Was looking at this, and can't make out the first two games second list down, what are these? Thanks.

#2 Posted by Yams1980 (3608 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: looks like it says "Ambermoon". I've never heard of it or played it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambermoon

#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

Thank you.

#4 Posted by Horgen (121180 posts) -

I'm surprised any Fallout game made it to high tier in that list.

#5 Posted by GeryGo (12460 posts) -

Fallout 3 in on low tier? lol I think Fallout 3 GOTY is one of the best I've played.

The fact that Alpha Protocol is in higher tier than F3 insults me.

Diablo 3 is in shit tier, lol what kind of kid made that list.

Garbage list IMO, no way a true RPG gamer made that list.

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

@horgen: 4chan tends to be PC and nostalgia bias. Although I do mostly agree with that list from those I have played.

#7 Posted by Horgen (121180 posts) -

@gerygo said:

Fallout 3 in on low tier? lol I think Fallout 3 GOTY is one of the best I've played.

I like how much gamers complained about fast travel in Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. How it ruined the experience. When you could simply opt not to fast travel to have it like in the older games.

@uninspiredcup said:

@horgen: 4chan tends to be PC and nostalgia bias. Although I do mostly agree with that list from those I have played.

I can understand the PC bias, but not the nostalgia bias so much.

#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (35066 posts) -

@horgen said:
@gerygo said:

I like how much gamers complained about fast travel in Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. How it ruined the experience. When you could simply opt not to fast travel to have it like in the older games.

People tend to follow the easiest routes.

I think it can be better to funnel them in cases like this, such as Gothic, where fast travel and access to a world map gradually opens up as the player progresses further. It encourages and rewards exploration creating a far more engaging experience.

Gothics leveling up system as well is not an instant stats screen gratifying the player, it's something that needs trained by NPC's littered throughout the game-world for specific classes done at a far more liberal pace. You literally need to explore if you want character progression.

Gothic 2 builds on that even further by littering magical tablets, collectibles that add experience points.

It's like the difference between climbing a mountain and walking a level path, the other is more convenient but lacks all the highs and lows the mountain provides.

-

This isn't just the world design, but in the creatures as well. For example in Skyrim, dragons are made out as some apocalyptic threat. Yet, within the first 10 minutes of the game, the player is taking one down with minimal effort and told he/she is the chosen one.

And then that continues... an endless loop of the same dragon fight over and over where, instead of having an air of mystique and majesty as ancient powerful creatures, they are merely a minor obstacle to get a new stat.

Bethesda heard people begging for dragons, instead of withholding them with a less is better attitude, they splooged their load and in the process cheapened the entire concept.

Comparatively in Gothic, a wolf in a forest is genuinely terrifying thing to bump into early game, and when you eventually power up and start killing them, there's a sense of progression completely absent in Bethesda titles.

#9 Edited by Horgen (121180 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Yeah people do, but when you got a choice, you can opt for the other option. I haven't used fast travel much in Skyrim. Only when I didn't bother to run from A to B.